Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. 20:17 - May 15 with 1027 viewsGirthyguy

No evidence that ALL children are safe from the deadly virus. Disgusting really. I'm sure a lot of people on here will still vote for this government because they are selfish money orientated demons.
Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 20:57 - May 15 with 971 viewsDarth_Koont

Steady on. If you think children are particularly at risk then we've already been taking ridiculous liberties with everyone else.

Kids are less threatened by Coronavirus than they are by flu.

Pronouns: He/Him

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:00 - May 15 with 966 viewsLeoMuff

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 20:57 - May 15 by Darth_Koont

Steady on. If you think children are particularly at risk then we've already been taking ridiculous liberties with everyone else.

Kids are less threatened by Coronavirus than they are by flu.

Doesn’t mean they can’t expidite the spread of the virus by all mixing together in classrooms then bringing it home, surely that’s the concern.

I thought the government might have had evidence of low transmission rates from children but it seems not.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 21:00]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:04 - May 15 with 946 viewsElderGrizzly

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:00 - May 15 by LeoMuff

Doesn’t mean they can’t expidite the spread of the virus by all mixing together in classrooms then bringing it home, surely that’s the concern.

I thought the government might have had evidence of low transmission rates from children but it seems not.

Quite the opposite is true in fact

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:04 - May 15 with 935 viewsDarth_Koont

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:00 - May 15 by LeoMuff

Agreed. Transmission needs to be looked at but so far even that is showing little effect from kids.

I'm much, much more worried about grown-ups - both dying and spreading.

Pronouns: He/Him

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:19 - May 15 with 899 viewsLeoMuff

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:04 - May 15 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Transmission needs to be looked at but so far even that is showing little effect from kids.

I'm much, much more worried about grown-ups - both dying and spreading.

Well younger children get covid still, just show less symptoms and are not likely to distance or practice proper hand hygiene so I would be plenty worried about the kids transmitting this.

Listening to the teachers union rep on radio 5 today in the meeting with the government experts, nil evidence could be provided that transmission rates are any different to the adult population

The only Muff in Town.

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:27 - May 15 with 876 viewssparks

Loads of things to criticise. This isnt one of them as such.

No one has said all children are safe. And its certainly not guinae pigging children.

There are valid concerns about opening schools - but that is not the overriding one.

Othe public sector things are under pressure to open to- for what its worth.
[Post edited 15 May 2020 21:29]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:28 - May 15 with 874 viewsBloomBlue

But that would be the same for nearly all Governments in Europe as they're all reopening schools, correct.
Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:50 - May 15 with 847 viewsElderGrizzly

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:19 - May 15 by LeoMuff

Well younger children get covid still, just show less symptoms and are not likely to distance or practice proper hand hygiene so I would be plenty worried about the kids transmitting this.

Listening to the teachers union rep on radio 5 today in the meeting with the government experts, nil evidence could be provided that transmission rates are any different to the adult population

The BMA today said they agree with teachers about not heading back June 1st
Login to get fewer ads

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:55 - May 15 with 843 viewsLeoMuff

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 21:28 - May 15 by BloomBlue

But that would be the same for nearly all Governments in Europe as they're all reopening schools, correct.

Well Italy and Spain are planning September I believe

The only Muff in Town.

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 22:13 - May 15 with 828 viewsTrequartista

There is no evidence that ALL children are safe from ANY virus. What are they supposed to do, live indoors forever? It's about proportion, the evidence is children are at extremely low risk, it's about managing how much they spread it to older people.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Guinea pigging children a new low for this government. on 10:04 - May 16 with 704 viewsElephantintheRoom

You misunderstand the message. We have to get poor people back to work to do the proper jobs that cant be done from home. Their children need to go to school to achieve this.

Top priority is cleaners..... just imagine how untidy those middle class homes are all getting without someone to come in and do those frightful cleaning chores.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024