Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed 09:31 - May 26 with 1616 viewsWestover

I'm an old git that needs a bit of help please, I have an Irish phone but now live in Portugal, now over here you can't go on to a betting site in Ireland or the UK so I'm thinking of getting a VPN witch I assume will make me look as though I'm in Ireland can anyone recommend one that's easy to set up and works well without being to expensive, Thanks in advance.
Help needed on 09:41 - May 26 with 1576 viewsNthQldITFC

Irish phone eh? If you tie a knot in the string, it'll reroute all your packets. That's as good as using Tor!

Sorry not really tried VPNs for a while.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Help needed on 10:02 - May 26 with 1554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just take the chance to enjoy a break from gambling.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Help needed on 10:07 - May 26 with 1542 viewsWestover

Help needed on 10:02 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just take the chance to enjoy a break from gambling.

I don't very often have a bet but would like to now and again also I get ten Euro bonus every month for the phone but I just lose it because I live in Portugal as it can only be used in Ireland.
Help needed on 10:10 - May 26 with 1524 viewsfooters

ExpressVPN always seems to work well for me but not tried it on mobile though. Think you can get a free trial so maybe give it a whirl and see if that's what you're looking for. Pretty cheap subscription price too iirc.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Help needed on 11:05 - May 26 with 1482 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Help needed on 10:07 - May 26 by Westover

I don't very often have a bet but would like to now and again also I get ten Euro bonus every month for the phone but I just lose it because I live in Portugal as it can only be used in Ireland.

Sounds like some kind of tether to keep people coming back.

It's only a potential tenner in the form of a free bet Enjoy the break.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Help needed on 11:07 - May 26 with 1477 viewsfooters

Help needed on 11:05 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

As much as I'm sure Westover enjoys being lectured to by a stranger, he lives in Portugal now and isn't on holiday there, so the 'break' would be a permanent one. It's his money, his choice.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Help needed on 11:09 - May 26 with 1470 viewsBarcaBlue

Thunder VPN is free and allows you to choose your target country IP. It's available as a phone app or Chrome extension.
Help needed on 11:09 - May 26 with 1471 viewsAndrew4445

I use IP Vanish on a few devices and never had a problem. The app is easy to use and it seems to work fine.
Login to get fewer ads

Help needed on 11:10 - May 26 with 1467 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Help needed on 11:07 - May 26 by footers

As much as I'm sure Westover enjoys being lectured to by a stranger, he lives in Portugal now and isn't on holiday there, so the 'break' would be a permanent one. It's his money, his choice.

Just offering a friendly opinion.

A permanent break sounds like an excellent idea.

Help needed on 11:12 - May 26 with 1452 viewsJ2BLUE

He's said he likes the occasional bet. No one would be encouraging him to give up the occasional pint. Maybe he doesn't need to take a break?

OP I suggest Surfshark. Serves me well on laptop and phone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Help needed on 11:15 - May 26 with 1441 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Help needed on 11:12 - May 26 by J2BLUE

He's said he likes the occasional bet. No one would be encouraging him to give up the occasional pint. Maybe he doesn't need to take a break?

OP I suggest Surfshark. Serves me well on laptop and phone.

I was responding on the basis that he was asking for access to a gambling site, not a pub.

All gamblers say they only enjoy the occasional bet and that it's under control. That's the case for some, but not for many.

Giving up the occasional pint is also good advice.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 11:16]

Help needed on 11:17 - May 26 with 1424 viewsJ2BLUE

Help needed on 11:15 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I was responding on the basis that he was asking for access to a gambling site, not a pub.

All gamblers say they only enjoy the occasional bet and that it's under control. That's the case for some, but not for many.

Giving up the occasional pint is also good advice.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 11:16]

For most gamblers it is under control. The vast majority might have a tenner on an acca once a week during the football season.

Truly impaired.

Help needed on 11:20 - May 26 with 1410 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Help needed on 11:17 - May 26 by J2BLUE

For most gamblers it is under control. The vast majority might have a tenner on an acca once a week during the football season.

There is a reason that all adverts have the tagline of 'when the fun stops, stop'.

You have your view on gambling, I have mine. That's ok.

Help needed on 11:24 - May 26 with 1390 viewsJ2BLUE

Help needed on 11:20 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

There is a reason that all adverts have the tagline of 'when the fun stops, stop'.

You have your view on gambling, I have mine. That's ok.

I have no issue with people not liking gambling. It's baseless statements like 'not many' can have the occasional bet and stay in control that I have an issue with. It's clearly untrue.

Truly impaired.

Help needed on 11:27 - May 26 with 1383 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Help needed on 11:24 - May 26 by J2BLUE

I have no issue with people not liking gambling. It's baseless statements like 'not many' can have the occasional bet and stay in control that I have an issue with. It's clearly untrue.

I think it's beyond dispute that many people can't handle a bet, that's why gamblers anonymous exists.

Happy to agree to differ.

Would it help if I added the word 'others' to the end of the sentence in question?
[Post edited 26 May 2020 11:28]

Help needed on 11:28 - May 26 with 1370 viewsJ2BLUE

Help needed on 11:27 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it's beyond dispute that many people can't handle a bet, that's why gamblers anonymous exists.

Happy to agree to differ.

Would it help if I added the word 'others' to the end of the sentence in question?
[Post edited 26 May 2020 11:28]

Me too.

Truly impaired.

Help needed on 16:03 - May 26 with 1272 viewsWestover

The ten euro is on the phone for calls each month not for betting so I lose that every month, as for the gambling I've have in the past owned a couple of betting shops and worked in them for many years so I know in the end there is only one winner.

If here in Portugal you go into say Ladbrokes it says not available in your country as the Portuguese don't allow it, I would only want a small bet now and again if I had nothing to do and maybe a bet on Town to win the league next season.;-)

Well I can dream. Thanks for your help guys.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 16:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024