Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walk with us 08:00 - Jun 1 with 2619 viewsNewcyBlue

This is what people need more of.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 8:01]

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Walk with us on 12:18 - Jun 1 with 724 viewsChutney

Walk with us on 12:07 - Jun 1 by Darth_Koont

To be honest, we wouldn't be talking about it without the anger overspilling and a general loss of order. I don't agree with that per se but that's the reality.

It's up to each and every one of us to understand and respect what's driving such division and resentment. It's not as if it's a secret and the wider population haven't been complicit.
'
And to be honest I think it's a bit rich for people deciding what is acceptable protest after all the peaceful protest that has already been ignored.

I have absolutely zero judgement on the levels of protest or how people choose to make their frustrations known. Until you've walked a mile in someones shoes...etc. I'm half Turkish, and at times I had some difficult moments growing up in a predominantly white county such as Suffolk, been called a few names over the years etc but in the grand scheme of things its nothing. I'm incredibly grateful that by and large we don't have such systematic issues here (although we need to be careful we don't sleep walk into them), so I have no idea how these black communities in the US must feel, and then to see Trump defended by his supporters and likely win the election again.

I just hope and prey the sensible white folk of America and scratch beneath the surface and separate their views on opportunistic looting of a Nike store vs. what's actually the issue here and what's driving it.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 12:18]
Walk with us on 20:32 - Jun 1 with 661 viewsSteve_M

And then there is this:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Walk with us on 21:22 - Jun 1 with 636 viewssyntaxerror

While at the same time, so other person who calls himself a leader is calling for paratroopers to be deployed, and has the support of guess who...

[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 21:26]
Walk with us on 08:08 - Jun 2 with 580 viewsSteve_M

And another one, this thread is what leadership looks like:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Walk with us on 10:34 - Jun 2 with 540 viewsGlasgowBlue

Walk with us on 08:08 - Jun 2 by Steve_M

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Walk with us on 10:46 - Jun 2 with 528 viewsDarth_Koont

Walk with us on 08:08 - Jun 2 by Steve_M

Great thread. I think this was the key step that too often is missed or too often those in power want to deny in order to shut down/delegitimize protest.

Recognising the right to be angry across the board (and not just within the minority in question) means that this group can work together to come up with solutions. However difficult those may be to find but at least they can start.

It's very much the step that the Genesee County sheriff helped make possible with his recognition of the protesters' anger and by walking with them. Without that there'd still be two groups on different sides of a divide.

If that step can be repeated at a local level but also reinforced at a state and national level then this could yet turn out to be a constructive episode in US history. Unfortunately, there's a large orange obstacle to that and a number of clones at state level who are pushing the other way because identity/cultural politics is their power base and they don't really care about society beyond that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Walk with us on 13:25 - Jun 2 with 506 viewsSpruceMoose

Walk with us on 10:46 - Jun 2 by Darth_Koont

Great thread. I think this was the key step that too often is missed or too often those in power want to deny in order to shut down/delegitimize protest.

Recognising the right to be angry across the board (and not just within the minority in question) means that this group can work together to come up with solutions. However difficult those may be to find but at least they can start.

It's very much the step that the Genesee County sheriff helped make possible with his recognition of the protesters' anger and by walking with them. Without that there'd still be two groups on different sides of a divide.

If that step can be repeated at a local level but also reinforced at a state and national level then this could yet turn out to be a constructive episode in US history. Unfortunately, there's a large orange obstacle to that and a number of clones at state level who are pushing the other way because identity/cultural politics is their power base and they don't really care about society beyond that.

Spot on.

Like it or not, white people, even middle class ones, have a critical role to play in overcoming racism and bigotry, They don't get to sit this one out.

Police brutality can only be halted by police organisations themselves. Good cops need to shine a light of bad cops. Bad cops should be treated as criminals.

And for the love of Pete can we get some higher universal minimum education requirements for Police Officers in this country please? I think we can do better than throwing barely high school educated people into these toxic environments. Whatever they're teaching them at Police Academy doesn't appear to be working.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024