Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class 10:39 - Jun 25 with 3490 viewsHipsterectomy

From a Guardian article about the number of professionals looking to leave London because of the pandemic:

"The destinations where London househunters have registered to search in increasing numbers since lockdown include the Sussex beach town of Worthing, Ipswich in Suffolk and Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire, where populations are at least twice as spread out as in the capital."

I guess I had better buy a house soon
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 10:40]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 13:50 - Jun 25 with 632 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 12:58 - Jun 25 by Swansea_Blue

It's like Montpellier compared to some of the places round here. I can think of many places well worse than Chantry close to me, for example, yet Chantry always gets slated by some Ipswich people.

It's from people who've never been there!

There are a few isolated pockets of crappiness like off Cambridge Drive or Dickins Road (which don't think should even counts as Chantry really...) but other than that it's quiet.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:35 - Jun 25 with 599 viewsHerbivore

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 13:50 - Jun 25 by SpruceMoose

It's from people who've never been there!

There are a few isolated pockets of crappiness like off Cambridge Drive or Dickins Road (which don't think should even counts as Chantry really...) but other than that it's quiet.

Chantry really doesn't seem all that bad. Not that I've spent loads of time there but I've walked through it going from Pinewood to town and it's not exactly Beirut.

Probably the roughest place I've been in Ipswich was the Silver Star. Quite terrifying.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:48 - Jun 25 with 570 viewssolemio

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 12:38 - Jun 25 by Funge

It's not Venice, nor is it Luton.

It's a bit crap, but its my town and I will physically kill anyone who chats sh1t about it.

Not fussed about Chantry though.

I love this: It's a bit crap... I will physically kill anyone who chats sh1t about it.
Crap could possibly be considered a bit sh1tty.

Compared with Corby Luton is next to heaven.
Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:48 - Jun 25 with 570 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:35 - Jun 25 by Herbivore

Chantry really doesn't seem all that bad. Not that I've spent loads of time there but I've walked through it going from Pinewood to town and it's not exactly Beirut.

Probably the roughest place I've been in Ipswich was the Silver Star. Quite terrifying.

Ha yes. Old Stoke has some characters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:52 - Jun 25 with 560 viewsFunge

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:48 - Jun 25 by solemio

I love this: It's a bit crap... I will physically kill anyone who chats sh1t about it.

See you outside at dawn.

My butler will bring the duelling pistols.
Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:59 - Jun 25 with 550 viewsDanTheMan

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:48 - Jun 25 by solemio

Corby might well be the manifestation of hell on Earth.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 15:04 - Jun 25 with 535 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 12:38 - Jun 25 by Funge

It's not Venice, nor is it Luton.

It's a bit crap, but its my town and I will physically kill anyone who chats sh1t about it.

Not fussed about Chantry though.

HaHa fair enough.

I live 7 miles from Didcot, which makes Ipswich look like Venice.

RIP Sir Bobby

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 15:15 - Jun 25 with 511 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:59 - Jun 25 by DanTheMan

Corby might well be the manifestation of hell on Earth.

And despite what they may claim, they didn't even invent the trouser press.

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 16:28 - Jun 25 with 480 viewssolemio

Ipswich may begin housing more of the London middle class on 14:52 - Jun 25 by Funge

See you outside at dawn.

My butler will bring the duelling pistols.

Lord solemio has asked me to inform you that he feels killing one person per day in duels is an entirely adequate quota, and that today's quota has been already used up. In any case His Lordship would bring his own 3.5 rocket launcher.

You remain, Sir, his obedient servant.

Reginald Jooves
(Gentleman's Personal Gentleman)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024