Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. 18:54 - Jul 29 with 17375 viewsShawsey

A woman was trying to buy bedding with some sort of food voucher from the government. The cashier rightly told he that it had to be spent on food for her children. A manager was called and she confirmed that the woman had to buy food with them. She was well p****d off and left the bedding behind. On my way out she was at the kiosk trying to but cigarettes with it. Unbelievable. I feel so sorry for her children. She certainly hadn't gone without food.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:17 - Jul 29 with 1414 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:10 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

Those numbers are clearly projections as they were made before we’d even left. He also states Brexit has shrunk the economy by a quarter ... any economic shrinkage since January I would say has more to do with this virus thing you might have heard of

There is an array of negativity here from varying sources, just as an example.

And these aren't projections, this is so far:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=3-YhX7fwGcisad_fheAJ&q=brexit+losses+

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:20 - Jul 29 with 1394 viewsfooters

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:14 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

The figures are from January? Is that right?
We left the EU on January 31st, is that right?
How can loses before we’ve left be caused by us leaving?

It's historical data published post-leaving in January since the Brexit vote up until our 'departure'. That's how much your collective stupidity has cost us so far.

If you worked in an international business you'd know that most agreements are still under EU legislation, so there is much to untangle from both sides.But you probably don't, which is why you don't understand the complexities of EU law and think we just press a button or something and it's all done.

How can we incur losses before leaving? Jesus Christ. Look at the business and capital flight from the country.

You're an idiot who refuses to look at evidence.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:20 - Jul 29 with 1394 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:17 - Jul 29 by jeera

There is an array of negativity here from varying sources, just as an example.

And these aren't projections, this is so far:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=3-YhX7fwGcisad_fheAJ&q=brexit+losses+

The sad thing is it’s going to be difficult to assess the true benefits of Brexit now we have Covid. Without the virus our economy would have shot ahead of the euro zone in the medium to long term but the effects of this will muddy the waters. I firmly believe we will recover from Covid quicker than the EU because of Brexit.
Anyway, this thread isn’t about Brexit. Let them eat cake, or something

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:21 - Jul 29 with 1381 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:20 - Jul 29 by footers

It's historical data published post-leaving in January since the Brexit vote up until our 'departure'. That's how much your collective stupidity has cost us so far.

If you worked in an international business you'd know that most agreements are still under EU legislation, so there is much to untangle from both sides.But you probably don't, which is why you don't understand the complexities of EU law and think we just press a button or something and it's all done.

How can we incur losses before leaving? Jesus Christ. Look at the business and capital flight from the country.

You're an idiot who refuses to look at evidence.

And here come the insults

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:22 - Jul 29 with 1371 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:20 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

The sad thing is it’s going to be difficult to assess the true benefits of Brexit now we have Covid. Without the virus our economy would have shot ahead of the euro zone in the medium to long term but the effects of this will muddy the waters. I firmly believe we will recover from Covid quicker than the EU because of Brexit.

It will be more difficult for those who refuse to listen to the people who do know yes.

That's not the same as not knowing.

There's plenty of info out there if people can be bothered. Repeating 'no one knows' doesn't make it so.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:23 - Jul 29 with 1362 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you really believe any of that crap yourself?

If you do, then I'd say you are no different from the people in Trump's cult at this point!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:25 - Jul 29 with 1355 viewsfooters

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:21 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

Yeah, because you've got the arse over hungry British kids getting fed for £120m while you're a massive supporter of something you don't understand for £132bn.

Jesus wept.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:25]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:25 - Jul 29 with 1353 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:21 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

Well your game plan does seem to be to ignore facts and reality to the point where the person you're talking to explodes with frustration and loses their rag.

You then sit back smugly as if this somehow makes you right.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:25 - Jul 29 with 1355 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:23 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

If you do, then I'd say you are no different from the people in Trump's cult at this point!

That’s a road we probably shouldn’t go down!

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:25 - Jul 29 with 1353 viewsEnigma_Blue

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:41 - Jul 29 by jeera

Same old crap from you then, not learnt a thing.

Unsure? Make it up.

I noticed your little downvote on the other thread but no explanation. Maybe you just support a bit of racism, but more subtly eh?

There's still been no evidence on this thread that these alleged vouchers were intended for any imagined children, at this point.

So how about focussing on that instead of leaping in again making cowardly digs at other posters?

Pointless, again.

"Same old carp from you then, not learn a thing"

Have you ever read anything you have posted back to yourself? You really are one arrogant condescending prick.

Not learn a thing indeed, oh go on then oh wise one Jeera teach me the error of my ways.

As for cowardly little digs it's not as if the poster in question has never been guilty of that himself is it. I know you and sprucemoose have some major bromance going on and it's cute the way you stick up for each other but I am sure he can stick up for himself.

"Maybe you just support a bit of racism but more subtely eh? "
WtF! Again more Hard Left logic.
Go through my posting history and see if you can find even a hint of racism in them.
And not doubt you will go through it all with a fine toothcomb because that is the sort of sad cases you and spruce are who spend far too much time on here than is healthy. The truth is you want me to be racist as you are the kind of people who see racism in everything.

I don't have to give an explanation for any down votes i give i am not obliged everyone gives me the courtesy of explaining the down votes they give me.
I didn't give an explanation as I no longer have any interest in interacting with you(thought you would have worked it out) same with sprucemoose.

The way you and he carry on at times anyone would think you run the forum, trying to lecture people on what is and what isn't acceptable to post on here like some TWTD gestapo. I stand by everything I have ever posted on here. As far as I was aware there are administrators who deal with anything that over steps the mark.

So let me make things clear for you going forward so there are no misunderstandings. I couldn't care less what you think of me. You are not my cup of tea and never will be(I am sure the feeling is mutual) therefore I have no interest in anymore interaction with you.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:45]
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:26 - Jul 29 with 1348 viewsJ2BLUE

Has anything in the world's recent history made you doubt Brexit or wish you could stop it?

Covid, madman in the white house dictating trade terms, the likelihood of the next president reverting to a pro EU stance, climate change protests gaining ground etc.

I think we screwed up. We've voted to go from one of the big three in the EU to America's bitch.

Just to be clear, i'm not claiming any moral superiority. I voted for it as well...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:26 - Jul 29 with 1341 viewsSpruceMoose

What is this 'firm belief' based on? A paragraph or two should suffice thanks.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:27 - Jul 29 with 1335 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:23 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

My eldest niece's husband works for UPS.

He's some IT bod who is responsible for some serious logistical co ordination for goods all over the UK and the Nordics.

He has been pulling his hair out over this saying that people have no idea what the hell they are having to deal with over this. They are having to employ a lot more people to help them cope with the prospect of overwhelming red-tape etc.

As he says, costs will need to be passed on down the line. This isn't going to be free.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:28 - Jul 29 with 1332 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:25 - Jul 29 by Enigma_Blue

Have you ever read anything you have posted back to yourself? You really are one arrogant condescending prick.

Not learn a thing indeed, oh go on then oh wise one Jeera teach me the error of my ways.

As for cowardly little digs it's not as if the poster in question has never been guilty of that himself is it. I know you and sprucemoose have some major bromance going on and it's cute the way you stick up for each other but I am sure he can stick up for himself.

Go through my posting history and see if you can find even a hint of racism in them.
And not doubt you will go through it all with a fine toothcomb because that is the sort of sad cases you and spruce are who spend far too much time on here than is healthy. The truth is you want me to be racist as you are the kind of people who see racism in everything.

I don't have to give an explanation for any down votes i give i am not obliged everyone gives me the courtesy of explaining the down votes they give me.
I didn't give an explanation as I no longer have any interest in interacting with you(thought you would have worked it out) same with sprucemoose.

The way you and he carry on at times anyone would think you run the forum, trying to lecture people on what is and what isn't acceptable to post on here like some TWTD gestapo. I stand by everything I have ever posted on here. As far as I was aware there are administrators who deal with anything that over steps the mark.

So let me make things clear for you going forward so there are no misunderstandings. I couldn't care less what you think of me. You are not my cup of tea and never will be(I am sure the feeling is mutual) therefore I have no interest in anymore interaction with you.

I did stick up for myself thanks. Did you miss the part where I pulled your pants down and made you look a mug? I'll link to it here just in case!

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. by SpruceMoose 29 Jul 2020 21:38
Ooh awkward. I bet you wish you had read my reply before you lept in like Lee Martin into a challenge. Go on, save face and have a sneaky edit!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/483805/4661250/went-to-the-supermarket-on-the-way-home-from-work./#post4661250

Thanks for the attention, can't say I've noticed you before though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:33]

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:29 - Jul 29 with 1323 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:25 - Jul 29 by Enigma_Blue

Good, then eff off and stop trying to get my attention with your pathetic downvotes on anti-racism et al.

Enigma indeed.

There's nothing complex about you sunshine.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:30]

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:32 - Jul 29 with 1300 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:29 - Jul 29 by jeera

Good, then eff off and stop trying to get my attention with your pathetic downvotes on anti-racism et al.

Enigma indeed.

There's nothing complex about you sunshine.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:30]

Something that concerns you here Paz?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:33 - Jul 29 with 1291 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:32 - Jul 29 by jeera

Something that concerns you here Paz?

Yes, I don’t think you telling people to eff off is acceptable behaviour

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:36 - Jul 29 with 1272 viewsvapour_trail

The sad thing is it’s going to be difficult to assess the true benefits of Brexit now we have Covid.

Covid will save you brexiteers from having to own your own car crash. But you will have exacerbated the economic decline we are all due, no doubt about that.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:36 - Jul 29 with 1269 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:33 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

Best you down-vote his post then pal.

Or keep your nose out if you don't know the context.

Welcome to chat about it sometime tomorrow if you like. I'll explain it to you like adults in private.

Off to bed now, leave the good, the bad and the downright ugly to it for tonight.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:37 - Jul 29 with 1265 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:33 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

But telling people that they have watermelon smiles and telling them they're bum boys and pickaninnies is fine behaviour and in fact gets you pumped up come polling day?

Maybe you're just not looking at it in the right context Paz.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:39]

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:37 - Jul 29 with 1264 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:36 - Jul 29 by vapour_trail

The sad thing is it’s going to be difficult to assess the true benefits of Brexit now we have Covid.

Covid will save you brexiteers from having to own your own car crash. But you will have exacerbated the economic decline we are all due, no doubt about that.

Handy thing to hide behind isn't it.

Plenty have been predicting this would be used as an excuse, and lo and behold.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:40 - Jul 29 with 1242 viewsEnigma_Blue

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:28 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

I did stick up for myself thanks. Did you miss the part where I pulled your pants down and made you look a mug? I'll link to it here just in case!

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. by SpruceMoose 29 Jul 2020 21:38
Ooh awkward. I bet you wish you had read my reply before you lept in like Lee Martin into a challenge. Go on, save face and have a sneaky edit!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/483805/4661250/went-to-the-supermarket-on-the-way-home-from-work./#post4661250

Thanks for the attention, can't say I've noticed you before though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:33]

Oh yeah I really feel like a mug amongst people I don't know and will probably never know, just effectively faceless usernames. Oh God how will I ever get over the shame.

You and boyfriend jeera really need to get over yourselves.

"Thanks for the attention, can't say i have noticed you before. "

The numerous down votes you have given me on my brief time here would suggest otherwise but whatever you say.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:41]
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:40 - Jul 29 with 1240 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:36 - Jul 29 by jeera

Best you down-vote his post then pal.

Or keep your nose out if you don't know the context.

Welcome to chat about it sometime tomorrow if you like. I'll explain it to you like adults in private.

Off to bed now, leave the good, the bad and the downright ugly to it for tonight.

I don’t know the context, you’re right but his post was nowhere near as rude as yours. If I’ve missed something on another thread then I’ll apologise.

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:42 - Jul 29 with 1223 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:40 - Jul 29 by Enigma_Blue

Oh yeah I really feel like a mug amongst people I don't know and will probably never know, just effectively faceless usernames. Oh God how will I ever get over the shame.

You and boyfriend jeera really need to get over yourselves.

"Thanks for the attention, can't say i have noticed you before. "

The numerous down votes you have given me on my brief time here would suggest otherwise but whatever you say.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:41]

I can't be expected to remember every crap post I downvote, even if you seem to!

Look you jumped in, got it all wrong, and made a very angry plum of yourself. But it's OK, Sprucey forgives you

Oh and I've tried asking Jeera out but, gosh darn it, he's just not that into me!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:44]

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:42 - Jul 29 with 1223 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:40 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

I don’t know the context, you’re right but his post was nowhere near as rude as yours. If I’ve missed something on another thread then I’ll apologise.

You have, but apology accepted.

Night.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024