Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixture congestion 09:21 - Aug 21 with 761 viewsPinewoodblue

Factor in FOUR rounds of League cup in September, two FA cup rounds in November plus International dates and it is far worse. You just know we will go on cup runs this year, long overdue.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Fixture congestion on 09:28 - Aug 21 with 714 viewsclive_baker

Certainly looks to be a busy schedule! The current fixture list that we know of is 50 matches in 245 days. As you say, not to mention any additional games in the 3 cups. I wouldn't be surprised to see some weak sides in the CC and Trophy this year, even more so than normal.

On the plus side, at least we've got the depth in our side. We should view it as a competitive advantage, rather than a hindrance. Everyone's in the same boat and with the exception of the back 4 we've got very good depth in our squad.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Fixture congestion on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 697 viewsOldsmoker

I think PRP should consider some sort of squad rotation.
I know he's dead against it but it does give an opportunity for a wide range of players to get season-long injuries.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Fixture congestion on 10:29 - Aug 21 with 633 viewsIpswichKnight

Wouldn’t worry about cups we are so bad in them we’ll lose in the first round of both league and FA cup.
Fixture congestion on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 565 viewsDarth_Koont

Didn't we willingly observe the international dates last year that then caused us a fair bit of fixture congestion?

Getting the most out of the squad and the team isn't easy obviously but we seemed to make everything difficult for ourselves last year.

This year we should just use the squad and play the games. Which IMO also means that any and all players should be considered for the Football League Trophy as aa way of getting players up to speed. Last year's A and B teams with minimal movement between the two seemed ultimately a little pointless even for our league campaign.

Pronouns: He/Him

Fixture congestion on 16:48 - Aug 21 with 465 viewsPinewoodblue

Fixture congestion on 12:48 - Aug 21 by Darth_Koont

Didn't we willingly observe the international dates last year that then caused us a fair bit of fixture congestion?

Getting the most out of the squad and the team isn't easy obviously but we seemed to make everything difficult for ourselves last year.

This year we should just use the squad and play the games. Which IMO also means that any and all players should be considered for the Football League Trophy as aa way of getting players up to speed. Last year's A and B teams with minimal movement between the two seemed ultimately a little pointless even for our league campaign.

Agree..if you make eleven changes it does benefit anyone. Change half of the outfield players and give their replacements the experience of playing the senior players.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024