Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crossrail in 2022 13:27 - Aug 21 with 963 viewsOldsmoker

Delayed again.

Crossrail : Give us 450million and we'll open in 2021.
Johnson : Um...ah...Ok, what's another 450m on the national debt matter.
Crossrail : You um'ed and ah'ed so it won't be until 2022. Your fault.
Johnson : Me? Never. It was Covids fault (or was it Hancock?)

Betting odds on 2023 opening now odds-on.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Crossrail in 2022 on 13:38 - Aug 21 with 918 viewshype313

Just can it, everyone is going to be working from home, pointless spending that amount to shave off 20 minutes from Stratford to Reading.

Same goes for HS2, that was a white elephant even before the pandemic.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Crossrail in 2022 on 13:46 - Aug 21 with 886 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Crossrail in 2022 on 13:38 - Aug 21 by hype313

Just can it, everyone is going to be working from home, pointless spending that amount to shave off 20 minutes from Stratford to Reading.

HS2 is bonkers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Crossrail in 2022 on 13:58 - Aug 21 with 863 viewsElderGrizzly

Crossrail definitely is beneficial for east/west London routes and removing people off the underground.

HS2 I agree. Invest that money and you solve local transport/train issues many times over
Crossrail in 2022 on 14:06 - Aug 21 with 836 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Crossrail in 2022 on 13:58 - Aug 21 by ElderGrizzly

Crossrail definitely is beneficial for east/west London routes and removing people off the underground.

HS2 I agree. Invest that money and you solve local transport/train issues many times over

Agreed re HS2, but they would never invest that money locally. The only reason it got funding was because it benefited London.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Crossrail in 2022 on 14:17 - Aug 21 with 802 viewsBent_double

They can't do that, there needs to be an excuse to pay tens of millions of pounds to companies run by their old school chums without it looking suspicious.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Crossrail in 2022 on 14:58 - Aug 21 with 738 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Crossrail in 2022 on 14:17 - Aug 21 by Bent_double

They can't do that, there needs to be an excuse to pay tens of millions of pounds to companies run by their old school chums without it looking suspicious.

To be fair, I think both projects were launched by Labour.

Crossrail in 2022 on 15:53 - Aug 21 with 686 viewshype313

Crossrail in 2022 on 14:58 - Aug 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I appreciate no one can foresee the future, especially when it comes to Pandemics, but the whole working from home motion has been gravitating that way for the past few years, this has just only sped up the process, it's no surprise to many that this was always going to happen.

Even taking that into consideration, it should have raised a few eyebrows given the plans and spending for HS2. That seems like a project to overcome issues from 20 years ago, not today or going forward.

Both parties should take responsibility for the grotesque unnecessary spending imo, in fact the Tories even more so as they have had years of planning and research and yet they still persist.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Crossrail in 2022 on 15:59 - Aug 21 with 674 viewsfactual_blue

..but since 2010, have been under tory 'control'.

#HighlyEfficientPrivateSector

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Crossrail in 2022 on 16:15 - Aug 21 with 653 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Crossrail in 2022 on 15:59 - Aug 21 by factual_blue

..but since 2010, have been under tory 'control'.

#HighlyEfficientPrivateSector

Indeed... Labours massive failure mount a competitive election campaign allows this to continue.

Crossrail in 2022 on 16:17 - Aug 21 with 648 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Crossrail in 2022 on 15:53 - Aug 21 by hype313

I appreciate no one can foresee the future, especially when it comes to Pandemics, but the whole working from home motion has been gravitating that way for the past few years, this has just only sped up the process, it's no surprise to many that this was always going to happen.

Even taking that into consideration, it should have raised a few eyebrows given the plans and spending for HS2. That seems like a project to overcome issues from 20 years ago, not today or going forward.

Both parties should take responsibility for the grotesque unnecessary spending imo, in fact the Tories even more so as they have had years of planning and research and yet they still persist.

I can only think that the rel reason for HS2 was to allow Londons commuter belt to increase in size.

It was never anything to do with the North.

HS2 was never a good idea.

Crossrail in 2022 on 16:38 - Aug 21 with 621 viewsBloomBlue

There are two groups who sponsor Crossrail, the Department for Transport (DfT), which reports to the Secretary of State for Transport (SOS), and Transport for London (TfL), which reports to the Mayor of London.

The Parent company is Crossrail ltd which is a wholly owned subsidiary of TfL. The London Assembly recommended TFL commissioner Mike Brown should lose his job in 2019 because of the commitments he made on hitting dates and missed them all.
Unfortunately knowing TfL it shouldn't surprised anyone there has been delays
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024