Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watson on KOA 11:28 - Sep 2 with 7565 viewshype313

Was listening to the cast earlier and Stuart made a point about the fact that when he came in it was all nice and pally with Lambert and the squad and how that didn't necessarily translate into positive performances and now he is going down the tough love route, especially given he has a long contract now. He might think if I go down i'll go down all guns blazing.

Also, is there a part of Evans thinking that the players got Hurst out and are now apparently trying to do the same with Lambert, and actually is it more an issues with the players mentality rather than the managers?

I'm not sold, personally Lambert should have gone once last season finished, but it does raise some alternative questions why Evans hasn't pulled the trigger.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Watson on KOA on 09:18 - Sep 3 with 377 viewspatrickswell

Watson on KOA on 17:41 - Sep 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

The players did force Hurst out, rightly or wrongly. More of a reflection on the players if they keep throwing toys out the pram.

It's about time someone stamped some authority around here.

I have said it before, I'll say it again, you cannot have the lunatics running the asylum.

Hadn’t Hurst also alienated several of the coaches as well? I seem to recall him sidelining the Academy staff which didn’t sound too clever given that bringing players through from there was part of his brief. I always got the sense that Hurst had to go because he’d pretty much sparked a mutiny.
Watson on KOA on 10:31 - Sep 3 with 322 viewsjayessess

Watson on KOA on 23:02 - Sep 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

I’m not sure your point on your first paragraph, doesn’t seem to have any sense to it? Pleas explain what you are trying to say.

There needs to be authority from head to toe at the club, and that’s the managers job day to day. Imposing authority needs to happen to the first team, and it needs to be recognised. We can’t just have toys going out the pram when they don’t like something.

Not sure what bringing an U23 players name has to do with this.

Would have thought it was fairly obvious, but OK.

Your post stated that the players forced Hurst out, reflecting a lack of authority over the players that is ongoing. You seem to think Lambert is trying to address this via his recent behaviour.

I'm saying that none of the players who might conceivably have been involved in forcing Hurst out have been on the receiving end of Lambert's "tough love". That all of it was directed at young players, like McGavin, who had nothing to do with it.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 11:03]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Watson on KOA on 10:35 - Sep 3 with 318 viewshampstead_blue

Also, is there a part of Evans thinking that the players got Hurst out and are now apparently trying to do the same with Lambert, and actually is it more an issues with the players mentality rather than the managers?

Before I start guessing, would someone remind me of the names of these agitators?
I'm thinking LC is at the core but would like to know more.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Watson on KOA on 10:42 - Sep 3 with 305 viewsjayessess

Watson on KOA on 10:35 - Sep 3 by hampstead_blue

Before I start guessing, would someone remind me of the names of these agitators?
I'm thinking LC is at the core but would like to know more.....

If you discount the players Hurst signed and the youngsters, you're left with only 5 players still at the club from that time: Chambers, Skuse, Sears, Bishop and Huws. Huws and Bishop were both long term injured at the time, so I can't imagine they had much pull in the dressing room or with the board. Which leaves Chambers, Skuse and Sears.

All of them have had their contracts expire since then. If Evans and Lambert had concerns over their attitude or influence over the dressing room, they could have got rid of them quite easily, so the theory doesn't add up.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024