Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only me? 22:01 - Sep 8 with 3590 viewsfatronaldo

Who thinks we're starting to look like a good side?

Sure there is still work to be done, but I havent seen this kind of movement and chance creating set ups in many years from a town team.

I know that the opposition hasnt been overwhelming. But coming from so many years without any creative intent, I'll take that any day of the week. Never mind the loss, I'm finally starting to enjoy watching us play again!
Only me? on 08:40 - Sep 9 with 415 viewsMonkeyAlan

We lost to an under 21 team. Our first team has to be the worst set of players we have ever had. Evans should hang his head in shame. If people are happy losing to under 21 teams they need to take a hard long look at things.
Only me? on 10:00 - Sep 9 with 375 viewsTangledupin_Blue

It is too early to draw conclusions, no league games yet but there are signs of intent to play more positively.

Maybe it is a good thing, for now, that the stands are empty. Nobody to get on the players' backs for the odd mis-placed pass. Their confidence must be brittle from last season.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Only me? on 10:08 - Sep 9 with 363 viewsChrisd

Only me? on 08:17 - Sep 9 by Herbivore

We've played two cup games. This season hasn't even really started yet. It's far too early to claim he's learnt from his mistakes or that we're going to stick to anything. Let's see where things are after 10 games or so.

Doesn't matter if they are two cup games this is mainly his first team squad, just in his selections and consistency he's shown that's he's already taken on-board advice. Last night, was a prime example where we'd have 9 or 10 changes to the side last season. It's probably best to go game by game with PL, after 10 games last season we had all this p*ss the league BS, so I'm not sure that's a good indicator. Little steps, but lets see how he goes on Sunday. I'm expecting a couple of changes in personnel, but the use of the same formation.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Only me? on 10:12 - Sep 9 with 354 viewsHerbivore

Only me? on 10:08 - Sep 9 by Chrisd

Doesn't matter if they are two cup games this is mainly his first team squad, just in his selections and consistency he's shown that's he's already taken on-board advice. Last night, was a prime example where we'd have 9 or 10 changes to the side last season. It's probably best to go game by game with PL, after 10 games last season we had all this p*ss the league BS, so I'm not sure that's a good indicator. Little steps, but lets see how he goes on Sunday. I'm expecting a couple of changes in personnel, but the use of the same formation.

We started with a very similar line up and the same formation in our early games last season too. I don't think we can say he's changed as yet, we don't have enough evidence for that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Only me? on 10:21 - Sep 9 with 342 viewsChrisd

Only me? on 10:12 - Sep 9 by Herbivore

We started with a very similar line up and the same formation in our early games last season too. I don't think we can say he's changed as yet, we don't have enough evidence for that.

I'd need to look back to last season to check that out, but this game was a prime example where sweeping changes would've been made during the last campaign. For me also, they are trying to move the ball quicker, last season it was too pedestrian. Like I said, take it game by game. So far I'm heartened.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Only me? on 11:32 - Sep 9 with 320 viewsOldsmoker

It happened last season and I know it will happen this season too.

Town 1-0 (insert scorer) (assist by Holy)

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024