Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too complacent 16:47 - Sep 9 with 8372 viewsMonkeyAlan

The general public have become too complacent over the virus in recent weeks. It hasnt gone away, but some people act like it has. Now some people are stamping and kicking because new rules have been brought back in. The measures are necessary and people need to man up and act responsibility.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Too complacent on 13:56 - Sep 11 with 724 viewsLeoMuff

Too complacent on 11:40 - Sep 11 by Harry_Palmer

I beg to differ. Thousands of Covid deaths were registered without a test and the vast majority were 'died with' Covid not 'died of'. I don't think there were many missed opportunities to link a death with Covid.

The other thousands of excess deaths recorded must have been caused by something else that happened at that time….

Such as ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Too complacent on 14:23 - Sep 11 with 709 viewsHarry_Palmer

Too complacent on 13:56 - Sep 11 by LeoMuff

Such as ?

Such as deaths as a result of the Government imposing a national lockdown.

To be fair this piece does mention a small number of undiagnosed Covid cases but a signifcant number more which were Deaths as an indirect consequence of lockdown policy..

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(20)30180-8/fullt

"Of the 67 autopsies done at our hospital during the first 2 months of lockdown, only two autopsies identified COVID-19 that was undiagnosed before death. More frequently, reduced access to health-care systems associated with lockdown was identified as a probable contributory factor (six cases) or possible contributory factor (eight cases) to death. These causes included potentially preventable out-of-hospital deaths such as acute myocardial infarction and diabetic ketoacidosis, in which patients contacted the health services by telephone and were advised to self-isolate at home rather than attending hospital. Direct reference to financial or work pressures caused by COVID-19 was identified in three of ten cases of suicide.
Deaths from drug and alcohol misuse significantly increased during the lockdown period in comparison to the same period in 2018"
Too complacent on 14:38 - Sep 11 with 697 viewsWeWereZombies

Too complacent on 17:39 - Sep 10 by 26_Paz

I saw that as well and, yes, very surprised it was on the BBC. I think the country is in danger of being overtaken by mass hysteria. The situation is not like it was in March, nowhere near. We have to live our lives as close to normally as possible. You can not eliminate all risk in everything ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54116939

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Too complacent on 15:02 - Sep 11 with 686 viewsEwan_Oozami

Too complacent on 16:08 - Sep 10 by ThisIsMyUsername

No, I understand that, and I recognised that if the measures were lifted the death rates would increase again. But would they rise exponentially and is it a reason to not shift things back to normal and hope/assume the virus weakens and become just 'another thing that can kill you' in the world?

On a total tangent, 2/3 of the UK adult population are overweight/obese and McDonald's are now advertising their new triple cheeseburger. How many people die from heart disease etc each year? Things like that just don't sit right to me.

If anything we should be more draconian over what people eat - if your BMI's over 25, it's compulsory PT and no Battenberg for you!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Too complacent on 15:09 - Sep 11 with 680 viewsgordon

Too complacent on 11:40 - Sep 11 by Harry_Palmer

I beg to differ. Thousands of Covid deaths were registered without a test and the vast majority were 'died with' Covid not 'died of'. I don't think there were many missed opportunities to link a death with Covid.

The other thousands of excess deaths recorded must have been caused by something else that happened at that time….

Of all the dubious COVID-related concepts that have materialised over the last 6 months, possibly the stupidest is the 'died-with' / 'died-of' concoction.
Too complacent on 15:40 - Sep 11 with 659 viewsHarry_Palmer

Too complacent on 15:09 - Sep 11 by gordon

Of all the dubious COVID-related concepts that have materialised over the last 6 months, possibly the stupidest is the 'died-with' / 'died-of' concoction.

Ok, well the first thing to say is that it’s a fact and not a concept. Some people died of Covid alone and some died with Covid but also with 1 or more comorbidities.

It is also a fact that the second group was by far the bigger group and that a great many of those people had very serious illnesses that were the primary cause of their deaths.

So why is it Stupid Gordon?
Too complacent on 16:33 - Sep 11 with 633 viewsLeoMuff

Too complacent on 15:40 - Sep 11 by Harry_Palmer

Ok, well the first thing to say is that it’s a fact and not a concept. Some people died of Covid alone and some died with Covid but also with 1 or more comorbidities.

It is also a fact that the second group was by far the bigger group and that a great many of those people had very serious illnesses that were the primary cause of their deaths.

So why is it Stupid Gordon?

it Is irrelevant as it doesn’t matter wether the stats are died of COVID, reduced access to healthcare or undiagnosed COVID, the lockdown was essential to prevent 100s of thousands of deaths.

The only Muff in Town.

Too complacent on 17:50 - Sep 11 with 608 viewsHarry_Palmer

Too complacent on 16:33 - Sep 11 by LeoMuff

it Is irrelevant as it doesn’t matter wether the stats are died of COVID, reduced access to healthcare or undiagnosed COVID, the lockdown was essential to prevent 100s of thousands of deaths.

That may be your opinion Leo but i'm afraid it doesn't correlate with the facts.

Professor Neil Ferguson's computer generated doomsday forecasts have been widely discredited, there was never going to be hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Also when we look at countries that did not Lock down there has been no armageddon.
In fact South Korea and Japan are at the top of the chart when it comes to the lowest death rates so far, while on the flip side the top three worst performers ( Peru, Belgium & Spain ) all had strict early lock downs.
Login to get fewer ads

Too complacent on 18:10 - Sep 11 with 600 viewsLeoMuff

Too complacent on 17:50 - Sep 11 by Harry_Palmer

That may be your opinion Leo but i'm afraid it doesn't correlate with the facts.

Professor Neil Ferguson's computer generated doomsday forecasts have been widely discredited, there was never going to be hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Also when we look at countries that did not Lock down there has been no armageddon.
In fact South Korea and Japan are at the top of the chart when it comes to the lowest death rates so far, while on the flip side the top three worst performers ( Peru, Belgium & Spain ) all had strict early lock downs.

We had 20000 excess deaths in 2 weeks in April, there really is no concrete evidence what would have happened but on that basis alone, with no lockdown I think we would have been in the 100s thousands.

The only Muff in Town.

Too complacent on 18:57 - Sep 11 with 582 viewsjeera

Too complacent on 18:10 - Sep 11 by LeoMuff

We had 20000 excess deaths in 2 weeks in April, there really is no concrete evidence what would have happened but on that basis alone, with no lockdown I think we would have been in the 100s thousands.

Again, I don't want to fall out with other posters on this.

But what can there possibly be to argue about a contagious disease being better contained by limited contact with others?

Of all the things to disagree about, that cannot possibly be one of them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Too complacent on 21:02 - Sep 11 with 550 viewsvilanovablue

Too complacent on 18:57 - Sep 11 by jeera

Again, I don't want to fall out with other posters on this.

But what can there possibly be to argue about a contagious disease being better contained by limited contact with others?

Of all the things to disagree about, that cannot possibly be one of them.

If you take Sweden and their no lockdown approach as an example and compare it their Scandinavian figures it's pretty grim reading. It's also worth mentioning compliance from the population as a whole and frankly the UK and the States do badly, very badly by comparison. The strongest argument is probably about consistent government or following the science which in reality our government hasn't really done either. I don't think there is a right or wrong argument BTW.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024