Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team 19:52 - Sep 13 with 3619 viewsKeno

Holly

KVY
Chambers
Wolfie
Ward

Bishop
Downes
Dozzell

Lankster
Drinan
Sears

Subs from

Cornell
Nbada
Kenlock
Huws
Edwards
Jackson
Norwood
Dobra
El Miz

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 09:53 - Sep 14 with 1145 viewsHerbivore

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 09:51 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

He doesn't play as a 'winger'. And how is it nonsensical when he is playing well, setting up goals and offering the best delivery into the box in our team?

I thought he was disappointing last season (particularly early part of the season). But now he's playing more like the player we thought we were getting I really don't get this whole continue where we left off slagging him off approach.

He was average yesterday to be honest. I'm not sure where you get this playing well from. He really isn't a wide forward.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 09:53 - Sep 14 with 1146 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 22:28 - Sep 13 by Keno

Meh

You could add him to the subs list

Fair enough. I'd love Lankaster to be playing week in week out but it's probo a way off yet.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:13 - Sep 14 with 1121 viewsFather_Jack

Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing Willoughby have a go between the sticks.

Less is more.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:13 - Sep 14 with 1121 viewsKeno

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 09:53 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

Fair enough. I'd love Lankaster to be playing week in week out but it's probo a way off yet.

Id like to see him, Dobra. El Miz, McGavin all given a decent shout this season

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:22 - Sep 14 with 1112 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:13 - Sep 14 by Keno

Id like to see him, Dobra. El Miz, McGavin all given a decent shout this season

McGavin isn't close. He definitely needs to go and play week in and week out somewhere which we can't offer.

I'm as guilty as anyone as bigging dobra and El Miz as being class. I think they have a long way to go. I'd be disappointed if they went out on season long loan though. Maybe short term one. Until Jan but would probably favour keeping at least one.

Lankaster is the best of the lot I think. 2 years out means we're going to need to be patient. Like in Pre season I think he would struggle to stand out.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:27 - Sep 14 with 1105 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 09:53 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

He was average yesterday to be honest. I'm not sure where you get this playing well from. He really isn't a wide forward.

Because from pre-season through the first 3 competitive games he's been one of the better players. His productivity in terms of chances created has been good (set up first goal yesterday as well). Just use your eyes and not your ingrained negative bias.

Imagine if I post something and you don't reply. Will be really weird.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:29 - Sep 14 with 1102 viewsKeno

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:22 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

McGavin isn't close. He definitely needs to go and play week in and week out somewhere which we can't offer.

I'm as guilty as anyone as bigging dobra and El Miz as being class. I think they have a long way to go. I'd be disappointed if they went out on season long loan though. Maybe short term one. Until Jan but would probably favour keeping at least one.

Lankaster is the best of the lot I think. 2 years out means we're going to need to be patient. Like in Pre season I think he would struggle to stand out.

In threads like this I am reminded of all the young players I seen some through and how many 'make it'

and chuckle thinking of my best mates reaction after John Wark's debut 'he was crap, doubt he'll play again"

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:36 - Sep 14 with 1092 viewsgordon

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 09:51 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

He doesn't play as a 'winger'. And how is it nonsensical when he is playing well, setting up goals and offering the best delivery into the box in our team?

I thought he was disappointing last season (particularly early part of the season). But now he's playing more like the player we thought we were getting I really don't get this whole continue where we left off slagging him off approach.

What does he play as, then? Was poor yesterday and poor on Tuesday (didn't see BR game), and his delivery really wasn't great, apart from some alright corners.
Login to get fewer ads

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:38 - Sep 14 with 1090 viewsgordon

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:27 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

Because from pre-season through the first 3 competitive games he's been one of the better players. His productivity in terms of chances created has been good (set up first goal yesterday as well). Just use your eyes and not your ingrained negative bias.

Wasn't the first goal Ward to Sears from a quick free-kick, then a defenders leg then a Bishop header? Apologies if I've misremembered.
If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:39 - Sep 14 with 1088 viewspointofblue

For me: T Holy - K Vincent-Young, S Ward, L Woolfenden, L Chambers - F Downes, A Dozzell, T Bishop - F Sears, G Edwards, A Drinan

The point is, when given the chance, earn the right to earn the shirt. Drinan has done this. Edwards put in a good attempt yesterday. Dozzell is staking a claim after his struggles returning from injury. If they’re not in the first XI now work had in training and if an opportunity comes along, whether that be due to injury, suspension or cup game rotation, then grab it with both hands.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:50 - Sep 14 with 1083 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:36 - Sep 14 by gordon

What does he play as, then? Was poor yesterday and poor on Tuesday (didn't see BR game), and his delivery really wasn't great, apart from some alright corners.

No he wasn't.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:53 - Sep 14 with 1080 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:29 - Sep 14 by Keno

In threads like this I am reminded of all the young players I seen some through and how many 'make it'

and chuckle thinking of my best mates reaction after John Wark's debut 'he was crap, doubt he'll play again"

I'd never make a comment about one of our young lads like that Wark one though. I want them to make it here and they do need to get their chances. They've had some and will get more. I just don't want them in limbo land not in the squad or getting any football.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:56 - Sep 14 with 1074 viewsKeno

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:53 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

I'd never make a comment about one of our young lads like that Wark one though. I want them to make it here and they do need to get their chances. They've had some and will get more. I just don't want them in limbo land not in the squad or getting any football.

Dont worry the person in question has never been allowed to forget it!!

I agree about those lads needing game and not ending top in limbo

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:00 - Sep 14 with 1066 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I'd wa t Hawkins on the bench for versatility and would still rather not see Chambo in that back line... willing him and Lambo to make me eat my words this year.

As other have said, would cry tears of joy if we could field that 11, even with Chambo in the side

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:01 - Sep 14 with 1064 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:56 - Sep 14 by Keno

Dont worry the person in question has never been allowed to forget it!!

I agree about those lads needing game and not ending top in limbo

If Downes was not in his situation we would have our full midfield an academy one which is amazing and really excites me. I'd be same as you in that I'd like nothing more than Dobra and Lankaster either flank and El Miz getting in but it has to be because they are ready/make us better or as good.

Credit Nolan by the way. Was great yesterday and done ok before that. Shows what consistent games can do and he has been a fan target as well like Judge.

We can all agree first and foremost let's just keep winning!!

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:02 - Sep 14 with 1063 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:38 - Sep 14 by gordon

Wasn't the first goal Ward to Sears from a quick free-kick, then a defenders leg then a Bishop header? Apologies if I've misremembered.

You are quite right so me to apologise/correct myself. Judge was the second goal ball in.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:04 - Sep 14 with 1059 viewsLankHenners

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:38 - Sep 14 by gordon

Yeah, Judge had no involvement in that one. He played a 1-2 with Nolan then hit the ball across the box for the 2nd, although given the defending from Wigan on that one it would've been harder to not find Norwood/Edwards.

I think Judge can still offer something *different* if we need it but overall I don't think it's helpful to have him on the wing as he's too slow and when he decides to start dropping deep to get the ball it crowds out the midfield and leaves us with an option less further forward.

I don't particularly rate Edwards but at the moment I think him and Sears on either wing offers a better option as you have one 'winger' and one 'inside forward'. Hopefully get Lankester more involved when/if he's back as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:05 - Sep 14 with 1055 viewsHerbivore

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 10:27 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

I don't really care about preseason, it's really a fitness exercise, but from the reports he had one decent game and a couple of not so good ones. Much the same as the 'competitive' games so far this season. Apparently he was good against Bristol Rovers but he was mediocre against Arsenal's kids and mediocre again yesterday. He didn't set up our first goal yesterday either, he had a hand in the second goal though.

You haven't really addressed any of the issues raised about him playing as a wide forward. You just keep saying he's playing well, which in itself is a bit of a distortion of the truth as we've played one league game in which he wasn't a stand out performer. I don't see him offering what we need from a wide forward. He should be competing with Bishop to be the more advanced of the three CMs but I'd have him behind Bishop easily based on yesterday.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:28 - Sep 14 with 1039 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:05 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

I don't really care about preseason, it's really a fitness exercise, but from the reports he had one decent game and a couple of not so good ones. Much the same as the 'competitive' games so far this season. Apparently he was good against Bristol Rovers but he was mediocre against Arsenal's kids and mediocre again yesterday. He didn't set up our first goal yesterday either, he had a hand in the second goal though.

You haven't really addressed any of the issues raised about him playing as a wide forward. You just keep saying he's playing well, which in itself is a bit of a distortion of the truth as we've played one league game in which he wasn't a stand out performer. I don't see him offering what we need from a wide forward. He should be competing with Bishop to be the more advanced of the three CMs but I'd have him behind Bishop easily based on yesterday.

Herbs. You never listen/read anything properly. You don't ever take any view/information if it doesn't suit your view (unlike others). I'm totally fine with others having a different view like Keno on this thread. We had basically amicable discussion/disagreement which is what a forum should be. I'm not however up for totally wasting my time back and forth like it is discussing with you. I'm sure you're a good lad in person and we could have a beer but I'm really bored of the way you do this in here and say I've said stuff I haven't etc. It's pointless. It becomes a totally pointless argument. Not going to block you or anything just leaving it at that.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 11:58]

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:30 - Sep 14 with 1037 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:04 - Sep 14 by LankHenners

Yeah, Judge had no involvement in that one. He played a 1-2 with Nolan then hit the ball across the box for the 2nd, although given the defending from Wigan on that one it would've been harder to not find Norwood/Edwards.

I think Judge can still offer something *different* if we need it but overall I don't think it's helpful to have him on the wing as he's too slow and when he decides to start dropping deep to get the ball it crowds out the midfield and leaves us with an option less further forward.

I don't particularly rate Edwards but at the moment I think him and Sears on either wing offers a better option as you have one 'winger' and one 'inside forward'. Hopefully get Lankester more involved when/if he's back as well.

I'd prefer a bit if pace. Longer term i would prefer Lankaster.

I think a good way to sum up Judge is like a L1 version of Mata. He's technically very good for this division. He's clever and offers something for sure. His pace is a weakness and he's not a big guy. He's started season well for me and until someone is ready to step up or he goes off the boil then he has deserved his spot.

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:36 - Sep 14 with 1023 viewsHerbivore

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:28 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

Herbs. You never listen/read anything properly. You don't ever take any view/information if it doesn't suit your view (unlike others). I'm totally fine with others having a different view like Keno on this thread. We had basically amicable discussion/disagreement which is what a forum should be. I'm not however up for totally wasting my time back and forth like it is discussing with you. I'm sure you're a good lad in person and we could have a beer but I'm really bored of the way you do this in here and say I've said stuff I haven't etc. It's pointless. It becomes a totally pointless argument. Not going to block you or anything just leaving it at that.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 11:58]

That's a really poor response to a reasonable post. Real shame to see you just trying to shut down debate rather than respond to my perfectly valid points.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 11:49]

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:48 - Sep 14 with 1012 viewsgordon

If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 11:04 - Sep 14 by LankHenners

The Wigan defending for the second would have been disappointing on a Sunday morning.

For me Judge would offer a reasonable alternative (from the bench) to Bishop as the most offensive of the 3 central midfielders.
If everyone was fit would y'all be happy with this team on 17:50 - Sep 14 with 944 viewsstewartm

....................Holy......................

.....KVY........Wolf.....Nsiala.......Ward

.....................,Downes.................

....,,,,,,;,Huws...........:...:Bishop.........

Jackson .......,....Norwood......,,,...Sears

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024