Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refereeing seems better this season? 10:33 - Sep 29 with 644 viewsWeWereZombies

Impossible to tell from the Match of the Day highlights (or any highlights for that matter) due to all the VAR kerfuffle but the two games of ours (Fulham and Rochdale) I have watched felt like they flowed much more smoothly. I don't think the standard of refereeing has improved necessarily but put it down to players being a bit more cautious and respectful.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Refereeing seems better this season? on 10:35 - Sep 29 with 634 viewsDurovigutum

As a human being not having 20,000 people, most of whom are clueless about the laws of the game, screaming at you really does make it easier to think clearly and make good decisions.
Refereeing seems better this season? on 10:37 - Sep 29 with 628 viewsGeoffSentence

Funnily enough I almost posted the same thing last night. Noticeable lack of drama or contentious decisions.

I was wondering whether the quality of refereeing had actually improved and that refs are affected by the crowds more than they'd like us to think.

Some of the atrocious decisions we have seen at FPR in recent years can'tbe put down to players being more cautious or respectful. Think back to Wycombe Wanderers, Norwood didn't nod that disallowed goal in in a disrespectful manner.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Refereeing seems better this season? on 10:45 - Sep 29 with 615 viewsBasuco

I went to about 80% of Town games last season and in general I thought the standard of refereeing was well above Championship referee's, I put this down to referees at Championship level ran the game without allowing the lino's to make many decisions, but at League 1 level referee's seemed to always be looking at the lino's for assistance on close decisions. Also they were much more consistent in those decisions compared to Championship ref's, who are wildly inconsistent and still are when watching games on TV that I do not really care which side wins. This is a broad generalisation I know.
Refereeing seems better this season? on 11:36 - Sep 29 with 555 viewsbracknell_blue

I thought Saturday's ref was good - I hardly noticed him and that is exactly how it should be. May be they are reacting better to no crowds and the players may not be being wound up by fans either. None of which is an excuse to keep us fans out of grounds for any longer than is sbsolutely necessary. No footie at PR is actually having a deleterious impact on my mental health (with other contributory factors).

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Refereeing seems better this season? on 11:42 - Sep 29 with 544 viewsbefxblue

It always seems better when you're winning games and playing reasonably well.

Note when we got relegated, people were complaining about every crap desicion that cost us a game without weighing it up against the 20 chances the other team created and the 2 we did.
Refereeing seems better this season? on 12:10 - Sep 29 with 501 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Has Keith Stroud retired?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Refereeing seems better this season? on 12:30 - Sep 29 with 477 viewsBasuco

Refereeing seems better this season? on 12:10 - Sep 29 by StochesStotasBlewe

Has Keith Stroud retired?

The only really bad ref I can remember last season was the one at the Wycombe game at PR, hope we don't get him again any time soon.
Refereeing seems better this season? on 12:34 - Sep 29 with 467 viewsWeWereZombies

Refereeing seems better this season? on 11:36 - Sep 29 by bracknell_blue

I thought Saturday's ref was good - I hardly noticed him and that is exactly how it should be. May be they are reacting better to no crowds and the players may not be being wound up by fans either. None of which is an excuse to keep us fans out of grounds for any longer than is sbsolutely necessary. No footie at PR is actually having a deleterious impact on my mental health (with other contributory factors).

The hardly noticing the officials was the main reason I initiated this thread (and then I forgot to put it in the OP), when I put my player ratings in I gave the referee 8 (more than any player or for the game) just for being inconspicuous.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Refereeing seems better this season? on 13:35 - Sep 29 with 419 viewshomer_123

Refereeing seems better this season? on 11:36 - Sep 29 by bracknell_blue

Have an uppie for the use of 'deleterious'

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024