Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Folami, or a new signing? 08:37 - Oct 1 with 14853 viewsitfcjoe

What do we do with the news that Norwood is out for 8 weeks? it leaves us light up front with just Oli Hawkins and Kayden Jackson...

Big question marks re Jackson:
- Will we be able to keep hold of him through the window? He's happy to move on and if we get a decent offer....
- Can he play through the middle in this formation?

if Norwood is back after 8 weeks then that takes us to 1st of December.

Do we try and push Ben Folami on? He looked good at back end of 2017/18 season in championship but not been seen much then due to a bad injury - he played at Col U in trophy last season up front on his own.

Or do we look to loan someone until January as Norwood realistically won't be back to 100% until then.

I'd like to see Folami get his chance, but realistically there is so much riding on this season I'd be looking to get someone in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 23:04 - Oct 1 with 422 viewsjayessess

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 18:08 - Oct 1 by PJH

As we apparently do not have anyone that can play as a lone striker then why do we not do something revolutionary and play a formation that suits the players we have got?

How about playing two strikers?

Sears can play in a two, Jackson can play in a two, I imagine Hawkins could play with someone alongside him.

Norwood, if and when fit, can play in a two.

Playing with two upfront increases our chances of having our best eleven players on the pitch too.

Because 4-3-3 suits the players we have got in midfield?

Absolute mystery to me why you'd break what is currently the most functional part of the team, just so you could play a shape that requires wingers (we don't have any truly reliable ones) and two strikers (all of whom we seem to regard as so flawed as to require numbers to make up for their inadequacies).

[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 9:24]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:56 - Oct 22 with 254 viewscatch74

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:05 - Oct 1 by catch74

Annoyingly Keane would work, especially if the midfielders carry on their scoring.Not sure it’s worth it with his appearance stats though.
A couple of league 1 freebies, as that all we can afford - Jordy Hiwula? and what’s happened to Alex Kiwomya,career has faded, just getting Dozzell and Kiwomya on the team sheet is enough for me, don’t care if he fits the role.

Think Hiwula is going to Portsmouth, how come they’ve got money to spend! - guess their squad isn’t quite so bloated. Reckon they must have more fit strikers than us.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024