Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Folami, or a new signing? 08:37 - Oct 1 with 14864 viewsitfcjoe

What do we do with the news that Norwood is out for 8 weeks? it leaves us light up front with just Oli Hawkins and Kayden Jackson...

Big question marks re Jackson:
- Will we be able to keep hold of him through the window? He's happy to move on and if we get a decent offer....
- Can he play through the middle in this formation?

if Norwood is back after 8 weeks then that takes us to 1st of December.

Do we try and push Ben Folami on? He looked good at back end of 2017/18 season in championship but not been seen much then due to a bad injury - he played at Col U in trophy last season up front on his own.

Or do we look to loan someone until January as Norwood realistically won't be back to 100% until then.

I'd like to see Folami get his chance, but realistically there is so much riding on this season I'd be looking to get someone in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:43 - Oct 1 with 3675 viewsITFCBlues

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:39 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

With regards to a loan player, have we got cap room for anyone over 21?

Which means we'd likely end up with someone younger and less experienced than BF as won't be many available

Anyone who had a decent season last year out on loan who has struggled to break in to the parent club this season?

Will they want to join to potentially sit on the bench as well?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:47 - Oct 1 with 3665 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironically, it would have been good to have Jordan Roberts around with our approach as he could play in any of the front three positions.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:48 - Oct 1 with 3661 viewstractorboy1978

Which means we'd likely end up with someone younger and less experienced than BF as won't be many available

Anyone who had a decent season last year out on loan who has struggled to break in to the parent club this season?

I was hoping Marcus Forss hadn't been in the Brentford squad but unfortunately he has. He would have been perfect.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:52 - Oct 1 with 3645 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:48 - Oct 1 by tractorboy1978

I was hoping Marcus Forss hadn't been in the Brentford squad but unfortunately he has. He would have been perfect.

Good shout, wonder if Brentford end up spending some of the Watkins money and he becomes surplus again as we are the next step up from Wimbledone

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:53 - Oct 1 with 3645 viewsmonty_radio

Not much point in Keane or any unattached player if they're coming in without a pre-season and therefore not yet ready to start.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:59 - Oct 1 with 3628 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:53 - Oct 1 by monty_radio

Not much point in Keane or any unattached player if they're coming in without a pre-season and therefore not yet ready to start.

And they'll have to fit under the salary cap - where there isn't much room

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:03 - Oct 1 with 3616 viewscrossyitfc

Collin Quaner is a free agent...
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:07 - Oct 1 with 3607 viewsPippin1970

Micky Stockwell is available
Login to get fewer ads

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:26 - Oct 1 with 3568 viewsSomethingBlue

Just had a look through the Championship and really can't see anyone — 21 or under at least — who fits that. Antoine Semenyo was the one I'd thought of but he's been getting minutes off the bench for Bristol City.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:27 - Oct 1 with 3565 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:26 - Oct 1 by SomethingBlue

Just had a look through the Championship and really can't see anyone — 21 or under at least — who fits that. Antoine Semenyo was the one I'd thought of but he's been getting minutes off the bench for Bristol City.

Still a lot of deals to be done - often young players start season there or thereabouts and a couple of signings see them well down the pecking order and out on loan

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:30 - Oct 1 with 3556 viewsSomethingBlue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:27 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Still a lot of deals to be done - often young players start season there or thereabouts and a couple of signings see them well down the pecking order and out on loan

Definitely. Can't wait around too long though, we can wing it for the next week or two but the fixtures are going to get tougher. Semenyo would be one I hope we are monitoring, watched him a couple of times at Newport and thought he handled the physical side brilliantly.

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:38 - Oct 1 with 3512 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:30 - Oct 1 by SomethingBlue

Definitely. Can't wait around too long though, we can wing it for the next week or two but the fixtures are going to get tougher. Semenyo would be one I hope we are monitoring, watched him a couple of times at Newport and thought he handled the physical side brilliantly.

Niall Ennis did ok at Doncaster last year, but wonder how big a step up on Folami he is?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:40 - Oct 1 with 3504 viewsChrisd

Personally, I think give him a go. We keep signing these young players on professional contracts and then never really play them. It’s a great opportunity, perhaps he’ll be a little more lucky than Drinan. One thing is for sure, Folami will be trying his hardest for the club, he’s a young lad and wants to impress.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:41 - Oct 1 with 3503 viewsSomethingBlue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:38 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Niall Ennis did ok at Doncaster last year, but wonder how big a step up on Folami he is?

Not a bad shout actually. Difficult one with Folami. When he came through a couple of years back he did look like someone with the right attributes & intelligence. But I've no idea what his level is currently. Maybe worth a go on the bench at MK?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:48 - Oct 1 with 3485 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:41 - Oct 1 by SomethingBlue

Not a bad shout actually. Difficult one with Folami. When he came through a couple of years back he did look like someone with the right attributes & intelligence. But I've no idea what his level is currently. Maybe worth a go on the bench at MK?

I imagine they'll rush Jackson back to be on the bench and make do with Sears through middle if anything happens to Hawkins

EFL Trophy game on Tuesday which you assume Folami will start and hopefully can make his case

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:53 - Oct 1 with 3464 viewsPinewoodblue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:48 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

I imagine they'll rush Jackson back to be on the bench and make do with Sears through middle if anything happens to Hawkins

EFL Trophy game on Tuesday which you assume Folami will start and hopefully can make his case

To give a chance to state his case he needs to be alongside first team regulars with no wholesale changes to the team. Assuming Charlton postponed long wait to next competitive match.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:55 - Oct 1 with 3462 viewshadleighboyblue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:48 - Oct 1 by Steve_M

Would think we try to bring someone in but hope to see a chance for Folami too.

What's Will Keane up to these days?

Please not Keane again , he was a big let down before and injury prone himself .

Plus it would take him a few weeks to get back to match fitness .

It's a definite no from me there's no room in the sick bay for him anyway
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:02 - Oct 1 with 3451 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:53 - Oct 1 by Pinewoodblue

To give a chance to state his case he needs to be alongside first team regulars with no wholesale changes to the team. Assuming Charlton postponed long wait to next competitive match.

Is Charlton game likely to be postponed? Have missed that

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:17 - Oct 1 with 3406 viewsParky

I don’t know the ins and outs of this cap, but if there was absolutely no room at all to pay a new signing per week - what’s to stop paying the other club a “loan fee” and they cover the majority, if not all of said players wages?
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:23 - Oct 1 with 3403 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:17 - Oct 1 by Parky

I don’t know the ins and outs of this cap, but if there was absolutely no room at all to pay a new signing per week - what’s to stop paying the other club a “loan fee” and they cover the majority, if not all of said players wages?

According to Darragh McAnthiny, loan fees come under the cap sadly - I thought that could work myself previously

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:27 - Oct 1 with 3390 viewsjayessess

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:09 - Oct 1 by Hullblue

If we can’t get someone in then he’s got to be one of the best options we’ve got - although I don’t think he’s physical enough to play through the middle on his own. Does anyone know if he’s played that role in the youth teams?

Our other option if Hawkins and Folami are out would be to play a false 9 - Bishop would be the ideal candidate for that.

He did play centrally for the youth teams fairly regularly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:32 - Oct 1 with 3375 viewsjayessess

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 10:41 - Oct 1 by SomethingBlue

Can't recall that he showed much during his brief appearances pre-season and no-ones spoken of him as a candidate for first team action since forever.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:35 - Oct 1 with 3360 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:39 - Oct 1 with 3350 viewsPinewoodblue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:02 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Is Charlton game likely to be postponed? Have missed that

International break. Would have thought Charlton likely to have three called up.

England senior squad to be announced this afternoon. No doubt Wales, NI etc will be naming squads today or tomorrow.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:50 - Oct 1 with 3328 viewstractorboy1978

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 11:39 - Oct 1 by Pinewoodblue

International break. Would have thought Charlton likely to have three called up.

England senior squad to be announced this afternoon. No doubt Wales, NI etc will be naming squads today or tomorrow.

Absolutely bonkers to me that Internationals are going ahead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024