Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Folami, or a new signing? 08:37 - Oct 1 with 14861 viewsitfcjoe

What do we do with the news that Norwood is out for 8 weeks? it leaves us light up front with just Oli Hawkins and Kayden Jackson...

Big question marks re Jackson:
- Will we be able to keep hold of him through the window? He's happy to move on and if we get a decent offer....
- Can he play through the middle in this formation?

if Norwood is back after 8 weeks then that takes us to 1st of December.

Do we try and push Ben Folami on? He looked good at back end of 2017/18 season in championship but not been seen much then due to a bad injury - he played at Col U in trophy last season up front on his own.

Or do we look to loan someone until January as Norwood realistically won't be back to 100% until then.

I'd like to see Folami get his chance, but realistically there is so much riding on this season I'd be looking to get someone in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 12:02 - Oct 1 with 3472 viewsMatt_Netherlands

What about Simpson? He seemed to be pushing on ahead of Folami last season and would be the physical presence we need in a lone target man
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 12:06 - Oct 1 with 3456 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

You need 1, would look at a loan deal for the year I think.

Marcuss Forss (Brentford) did well to get 12 in 22 at Wimbledon last year before heading back to Brentford (injury) in January. Naturally will be second fiddle to Toney at Brentford, a loan deal could benefit both parties.

Nail Ennis, not a physical presence, but was a live wire at Doncaster last year. Doesn’t get the load of goals, 6 and 4 assists last year, but offers a lot to the team beyond goals. Again Wolves you’d imagine looking to loan him out.

Max Biamou - well liked and appreciated at Coventry, more for what he does for the team than individual goals, a focal point at times for them. Looks to have slipped down the pecking order with Matt Godden and Tyler Walker ahead of him. Contract up summer 21 will be looking to get games to prove worth another contract elsewhere, could be a good loan for both.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 13:41 - Oct 1 with 3376 viewsEatonBlue

Loan Murphy in from Waterford for a couple of months.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 13:43 - Oct 1 with 3376 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 13:41 - Oct 1 by EatonBlue

Loan Murphy in from Waterford for a couple of months.

Not played a game for them yet as he's been injured as well!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:09 - Oct 1 with 3335 viewshype313

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 13:43 - Oct 1 by PhilTWTD

Not played a game for them yet as he's been injured as well!

He'd fit right in then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:19 - Oct 1 with 3313 viewstextbackup

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:46 - Oct 1 by Garv

Shame Simpson hasn't featured, I thought he looked useful at the back end of last season. Probably wouldn't fit the system though anyway.

really? I mean I know things weren't great, and he didn't get a huge amount of time, but he looked each inch a rugby player playing football to me.
happy to be wrong long term, however

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:43 - Oct 1 with 3280 viewsHullblue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:19 - Oct 1 by textbackup

really? I mean I know things weren't great, and he didn't get a huge amount of time, but he looked each inch a rugby player playing football to me.
happy to be wrong long term, however

Got to agree - I’ve only seen Folami play once or twice but his touch and awareness seemed streets ahead of Simpson’s.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:44 - Oct 1 with 3274 viewsDarkHorse

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:09 - Oct 1 by hype313

He'd fit right in then.

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:44 - Oct 1 with 3279 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:09 - Oct 1 by hype313

He'd fit right in then.

Fair point, or unfit right in to be more accurate.

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:46 - Oct 1 with 3273 viewshype313

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 14:44 - Oct 1 by PhilTWTD

Fair point, or unfit right in to be more accurate.

Hate that I'm so facetious.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 17:38 - Oct 1 with 3197 viewsJ2BLUE

Sears.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 17:48 - Oct 1 with 3188 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 17:38 - Oct 1 by J2BLUE

Sears.

I dread the idea of Freddie as a lone striker.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 18:08 - Oct 1 with 3175 viewsPJH

As we apparently do not have anyone that can play as a lone striker then why do we not do something revolutionary and play a formation that suits the players we have got?

How about playing two strikers?

Sears can play in a two, Jackson can play in a two, I imagine Hawkins could play with someone alongside him.

Norwood, if and when fit, can play in a two.

Playing with two upfront increases our chances of having our best eleven players on the pitch too.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 18:21 - Oct 1 with 3153 viewsBigeze

Mario Gotze still hasnt got a club has he?
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 19:33 - Oct 1 with 3082 viewsjayessess

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 17:48 - Oct 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

I swear the memory of Daryl Murphy has melted everyone's brains and we now think that the standard Ipswich striker has to be quick, 6'4", strong as an ox with a velvet first touch or we might as well not bother.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 19:51 - Oct 1 with 3058 viewsAce_High1

Please not another short term loan who will never sign for the club.

This is what youth teams are for, when you get a few injuries, throw in the kids and give them a chance.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 20:50 - Oct 1 with 3026 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 18:08 - Oct 1 by PJH

As we apparently do not have anyone that can play as a lone striker then why do we not do something revolutionary and play a formation that suits the players we have got?

How about playing two strikers?

Sears can play in a two, Jackson can play in a two, I imagine Hawkins could play with someone alongside him.

Norwood, if and when fit, can play in a two.

Playing with two upfront increases our chances of having our best eleven players on the pitch too.

You're joking aren't you?! After all the grief he got for changing systems... you want hin to change systems?!?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 20:53 - Oct 1 with 3021 viewsJ2BLUE

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 17:48 - Oct 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

Who says he has to be? If things aren't working we could always try a plan b of Sears and Hawkins up front.

Sears is underrated as a striker.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:09 - Oct 1 with 3007 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Akinfenwa on loan. Unless the wage cap covers loanees over 21 too in which case is Finidi George still under 21?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:09 - Oct 1 with 3008 viewsPJH

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 20:50 - Oct 1 by BrixtonBlue

You're joking aren't you?! After all the grief he got for changing systems... you want hin to change systems?!?

No, you are right. Just because we have got nobody that can play as a lone striker the best system to play is obviously the lone striker one.

What I would like is a system that makes the best use of the players available and therefore manages to get our best attacking player (Jackson when fit) into the team.

No I am not joking, it seems common sense to me rather than virtually starting a game with ten men because nobody on the books is capable of doing a specific job that the existing system dictates needs somebody doing.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 21:13]
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:16 - Oct 1 with 2994 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:09 - Oct 1 by PJH

No, you are right. Just because we have got nobody that can play as a lone striker the best system to play is obviously the lone striker one.

What I would like is a system that makes the best use of the players available and therefore manages to get our best attacking player (Jackson when fit) into the team.

No I am not joking, it seems common sense to me rather than virtually starting a game with ten men because nobody on the books is capable of doing a specific job that the existing system dictates needs somebody doing.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 21:13]

Hawkins can do it though

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:22 - Oct 1 with 2977 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:16 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Hawkins can do it though

I think the implication is when Hawkins might not be doing it.

It is a bit much to expect Hawkins to do the role for every minute until another option is fit and available. If he can, problem solved but the point that another solution is to change the formation is valid. We should have a consistency of system but to suit the players not in order to wedge them in where necessary.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:30 - Oct 1 with 2957 viewsPJH

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:16 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Hawkins can do it though

He can but I think that he would be more use with someone playing close to him.

I know that at the moment we are scoring enough goals to win games but that is partly because our defence is not (yet) conceding goals.

There will come a time when the defence does concede goals so it makes sense to me to make us more threatening going forward by playing two players down the middle because generally our squad is better suited to playing that way.

I think that a fit Jackson would be an asset and it seems to be predecided that he cannot play lone striker and PL seems to rule out playing him wide so the only way that he seemingly can play is in a front two.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:50 - Oct 1 with 2933 viewsDinnernotTea

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:30 - Oct 1 by PJH

I know that at the moment we are scoring enough goals to win games but that is partly because our defence is not (yet) conceding goals.

There will come a time when the defence does concede goals so it makes sense to me to make us more threatening going forward by playing two players down the middle because generally our squad is better suited to playing that way.

I think that a fit Jackson would be an asset and it seems to be predecided that he cannot play lone striker and PL seems to rule out playing him wide so the only way that he seemingly can play is in a front two.

He played up top on his own for Portsmouth, Hawkins said so himself. So no he doesn't need "someone close to him".

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:53 - Oct 1 with 2927 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 21:30 - Oct 1 by PJH

I personally think the strength of our team is in midfield, and getting 3 in there is key - crazy that PL doesn’t see Jackson as a wide striker though, so much of his good work last season was from there

We are creating so much more than we did last season though playing this way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024