Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beat Crawley and we are through.. 11:43 - Oct 7 with 1194 viewsWallingford_Boy

to the last 16 in the Southern Section.

Wouldn't be a bad return for fans into stadiums.... a trip to Wembley!!

RIP Sir Bobby

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 11:46 - Oct 7 with 1182 viewsHerbivore

Let's see how far the yoots can take us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 11:51 - Oct 7 with 1161 viewsclive_baker

Are there any plans to have the final from last season? Or has that just been sacked off?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 12:05 - Oct 7 with 1097 viewsPJH

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 11:51 - Oct 7 by clive_baker

Are there any plans to have the final from last season? Or has that just been sacked off?

Maybe they are hoping that the same two teams make it there this season so they can play both finals at the same time.

A completely ridiculous competition.
Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 12:33 - Oct 7 with 1018 viewsWeWereZombies

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 12:05 - Oct 7 by PJH

Maybe they are hoping that the same two teams make it there this season so they can play both finals at the same time.

A goal at each end of the centre line as well? Twenty two and a half minute quarters instead of two halves and then each team shifts ninety degrees to play across instead of along or vice versa? Yes, I think Wembley is a big enough pitch to accommodate forty four players at a time, but does that comply with the rule of six guidance? I would pay to watch it anyway...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 12:37 - Oct 7 with 1000 viewsWallingford_Boy

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 12:05 - Oct 7 by PJH

Not sure I entirely agree there.

The way its set up allows ALL teams to field "weaker" teams (to an extent), without this "ridiculous competition" most of last night's team would only be playing U23 football, so its a great part of their development.

Plus all fans love a cup run.

IF we made it to Wembley, would you really not go?! I know I would and I bet 90% of fans on here would.

RIP Sir Bobby

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 14:14 - Oct 7 with 879 viewsFreddies_Ears

Many of the people who criticise the EFL Trophy are the same ones who decry the lack of competitive reserve football, yet that is exactly what this competition gives us. Last night we saw a young team, almost all Academy / ex-Academy comfortably beat a bigger, stronger and older oppo. I appreciate it wasn't Gillingham's first XI, but their squad numbers were a heck of a lot lower than ours. Our youngsters will have gained a lot from that game, far more than from any U21 game.
Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 14:20 - Oct 7 with 868 viewsJakeITFC

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 14:14 - Oct 7 by Freddies_Ears

Many of the people who criticise the EFL Trophy are the same ones who decry the lack of competitive reserve football, yet that is exactly what this competition gives us. Last night we saw a young team, almost all Academy / ex-Academy comfortably beat a bigger, stronger and older oppo. I appreciate it wasn't Gillingham's first XI, but their squad numbers were a heck of a lot lower than ours. Our youngsters will have gained a lot from that game, far more than from any U21 game.

It is against the rules of the competition for us to do that though.

What you describe is good, but what we have is a mess of a competition that holds very little value to any teams in it and was made more farcical by the entry of reserve teams from the two divisions above us, whilst still having the requirement that league clubs will field strong teams in it.
Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 14:40 - Oct 7 with 823 viewsPJH

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 14:14 - Oct 7 by Freddies_Ears

That is all fine with me, just don't call it a first team game.
Login to get fewer ads

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 16:09 - Oct 7 with 736 viewsWallingford_Boy

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 14:20 - Oct 7 by JakeITFC

It is against the rules of the competition for us to do that though.

What you describe is good, but what we have is a mess of a competition that holds very little value to any teams in it and was made more farcical by the entry of reserve teams from the two divisions above us, whilst still having the requirement that league clubs will field strong teams in it.

No its not, we did it last year too and didn't get fined.

The key is a mix of giving first teamers maybe on way back from injury some much needed game time, plus blooding a few academy stars along with fringe players.

RIP Sir Bobby

Beat Crawley and we are through.. on 16:20 - Oct 7 with 712 viewsdominiciawful

I'll never forgive the admittance of U21 teams into the competition. Absolute joke.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024