Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... 08:11 - Oct 14 with 867 viewsElderGrizzly

Fixture calendar and having the ability to scrap promotion to PL if 75% of fixtures aren’t fulfilled

The cynic in me says, make this offer so unpalatable that the EFL and rest of the PL fall into line behind Project Big Picture
Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:22 - Oct 14 with 838 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think that is the case - the PL as a whole aren't behind Big Picture.

The more you hear, the more it sees that there is a growing consensus that the clubs who have ended up as lower half PL clubs when the music has stopped has got too big for their boots - presumably talking about the likes of Palace. That is the view from both the big 6 and the bigger clubs in the EFL.

This sort of thing probably sums that up, the only thing the PL can get through as a whole to offer the EFL is loaded in the favour of the bottom half PL clubs who will protect their place in the PL at all costs, and think they are a lot better than clubs like Derby, Forest, etc who are on the other side of the divide currently.

I have some concerns about the Big Picture, but there is quite a lot in it that makes sense - and whilst the big 6 get more, it evens it up for the other 84/86 clubs in the league and removes the cliff edges on relegation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:40 - Oct 14 with 791 viewsJakeITFC

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:22 - Oct 14 by itfcjoe

The more you hear, the more it sees that there is a growing consensus that the clubs who have ended up as lower half PL clubs when the music has stopped has got too big for their boots - presumably talking about the likes of Palace. That is the view from both the big 6 and the bigger clubs in the EFL.

This sort of thing probably sums that up, the only thing the PL can get through as a whole to offer the EFL is loaded in the favour of the bottom half PL clubs who will protect their place in the PL at all costs, and think they are a lot better than clubs like Derby, Forest, etc who are on the other side of the divide currently.

I have some concerns about the Big Picture, but there is quite a lot in it that makes sense - and whilst the big 6 get more, it evens it up for the other 84/86 clubs in the league and removes the cliff edges on relegation

It's the threat of what next that doesn't sit right though - the big 6 would have effective rights to do whatever they like, so whilst you're right that it makes for a more level playing field beneath, are we happy that no other team will ever win the top division in England?
Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:50 - Oct 14 with 767 viewsitfcjoe

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:40 - Oct 14 by JakeITFC

It's the threat of what next that doesn't sit right though - the big 6 would have effective rights to do whatever they like, so whilst you're right that it makes for a more level playing field beneath, are we happy that no other team will ever win the top division in England?

Since us and Villa went head to head in 1981 the big 6 has won it in all but 5 seasons (Everton twice, Leeds, Blackburn and Leicester) and since Blackburn won it in 95 it has seen 24 big 6 wins in 25 seasons......I don't see that changing with or without this power grab.

I obviously have my concerns about what the powerplay will entail long term, but as this is the opening gambit you'd hope it can be negotiated to a more acceptable position on those things if it is to get the approval.

I can see why there are frustrations with the 1 vote for 1 club rule, as we've seen in L1 last season - I think amending it to a straight majority of 11 clubs is better than the 6 of the longest serving 9 - but I do think 14 out of 20 is too much currently when the positions at the bottom are so transient. Things like being able to veto ownership, and stricter FFP need to be dropped as well - but as a strating point the plan would leave the whole league in a better and more sustainable position

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:51 - Oct 14 with 763 viewsIpswichKnight

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:40 - Oct 14 by JakeITFC

No were not happy but it's been going this way for some time now, best to let them get on with it and work towards there European Super League and the let rest of us level the playing field a bit to catch up with the likes of Palace and Burnley.
Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 10:06 - Oct 14 with 669 viewsbrazil1982

The problem is see is still players' wage demands. IF there is a financial deal with the PL, this will inevitably push fees and wages up, so we're no better off are we?

The whole thing stinks, I don't want ITFC to be in the PL. It's a circus.

Rick Parry should hold his head in shame.
Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 11:02 - Oct 14 with 628 viewsElephantintheRoom

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 08:22 - Oct 14 by itfcjoe

Not sure... Project Pigs in The Trough seems to be more palatable to EFL owners going broke than Prem chairmen left out in the cold. And the FA have a power of veto anyway.

It's probably a bit like Brexit.... a vision of a marvellous future that will take years of negotiation after a rosy-painted start.... and end with a European League en route to a global league.

Where that leaves 99.9% of clubs in the pyramid during a covid epidemic that will almost certainly close down competitive games in the next few weeks is another matter

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 11:37 - Oct 14 with 588 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 10:06 - Oct 14 by brazil1982

The problem is see is still players' wage demands. IF there is a financial deal with the PL, this will inevitably push fees and wages up, so we're no better off are we?

The whole thing stinks, I don't want ITFC to be in the PL. It's a circus.

Rick Parry should hold his head in shame.

Rick Parry is acting like John Henry's personal bitch!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 12:14 - Oct 14 with 554 viewsElderGrizzly

Premier League bailout reliant on the PL controlling EFL finances... on 11:37 - Oct 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Rick Parry is acting like John Henry's personal bitch!!

Rick Parry has ambitions beyond his current role. You just don’t normally see it so publicly revealed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024