Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre halves 20:26 - Oct 19 with 2438 viewslmfcblue

Will be interesting to see how this goes this season. At the moment Toto and Wilson looking good as a pair.
Will Arsenal put any pressure on us to play Mcguinness and Wolfie will be needing games.
It’s not it’s a position you can just give them a runout if thr games tight.
Centre halves on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 465 viewsitfcjoe

I can see McGuinness going back in January, just don't see how he breaks into the team as is presumably behind Woolfie in the pecking order.

At the moment Wilson and Nsiala deserve to keep their places, not sure how long that will last, but as things stand they 'have the shirts'

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Centre halves on 15:14 - Oct 20 with 461 viewsBluefish

Centre halves on 15:12 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

I can see McGuinness going back in January, just don't see how he breaks into the team as is presumably behind Woolfie in the pecking order.

At the moment Wilson and Nsiala deserve to keep their places, not sure how long that will last, but as things stand they 'have the shirts'

I said the other day that I just don't see the point in him, he needed to either be good enough to start or we should have signed a right back or a target man

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Centre halves on 16:01 - Oct 20 with 447 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Centre halves on 14:02 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

Woolf didn't play because of fitness, he is now back

Kenlock will provide adequate cover and play well but again a good managers puts us back to full strength and puts ward back in when available

We won with judge up front because Hawkins wasn't fit indomt expect to stay that way just because

Well you say that but then advocate change for the sake of it. You want change just because, you may argue otherwise but performance and statistics show that to be unture

Then you equate a MF playing as striker as the same thing as CB playing instead of a diffrent CB when thats clearly Apple's and Oranges. .

You're kinda arguing against yourself without even realising it.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Centre halves on 16:56 - Oct 20 with 441 viewsitfcjoe

Centre halves on 15:14 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

I said the other day that I just don't see the point in him, he needed to either be good enough to start or we should have signed a right back or a target man

It sounded like Wilson has a rubbish pre season, a few comments from PL, and maybe thought he would drop back to 4th choice especially if being more progressive with the ball

But does seem a waste of a spot, Ndaba could have picked up his minutes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Centre halves on 17:54 - Oct 20 with 416 viewsBluefish

Centre halves on 16:56 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

It sounded like Wilson has a rubbish pre season, a few comments from PL, and maybe thought he would drop back to 4th choice especially if being more progressive with the ball

But does seem a waste of a spot, Ndaba could have picked up his minutes

Even if Wilson did have a bad pre season surely a right back made more sense. Donacien and kvy were already out and we had a cb at rb. Sign a rb and we have options even if Chambers is still rb, as it stands we have minimal cover there but 5 players that can play cb

Centre halves on 21:28 - Oct 20 with 397 viewsBluefish

Centre halves on 13:18 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

Lots of people saying stick with what is working but we definitely haven't been tested by any of the better attacking teams in the league yet. Why wait until we get found out just because it worked the week before, I am all for partnerships but I think we should be full strength.

Toto has defended well and uses his strength to get himself out of trouble he really is a world beater to panel beater type player. Wilson is doing well for him but is very limited and still really doing a job at best for me. If we want to be clear and away winners of this division in style I hope we get to see Woolf and McGuiness soon. It seems to be we are justing waiting for it to go wrong for the sake of it.

Centre halves on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 387 viewspointofblue

Centre halves on 21:28 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

I can’t criticise Lambert for keeping players involved whilst we were keeping clean sheets. Now he has a reason to change it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Centre halves on 21:50 - Oct 20 with 383 viewsBluefish

Centre halves on 21:47 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

I can’t criticise Lambert for keeping players involved whilst we were keeping clean sheets. Now he has a reason to change it.

My point was though that he is there to make the tough calls and not leave it until it is too late. The change needed to happen. We can't wait for defeats to make changes or we will be mid table again

Login to get fewer ads

Centre halves on 21:54 - Oct 20 with 376 viewspointofblue

Centre halves on 21:50 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

My point was though that he is there to make the tough calls and not leave it until it is too late. The change needed to happen. We can't wait for defeats to make changes or we will be mid table again

Depends if the changes are the right ones; every team will lose at this season. Coventry lost 4-0 at Rotherham last year whilst Rotherham themselves got turned over 3-1 at Doncaster. I do get what you mean; it was just refreshing that we basically stuck with a winning team from game to fame rather than the constant chopping and changing of last year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Centre halves on 23:11 - Oct 20 with 350 viewsVaughan8

With Toto and Wilson as the CBs, we won't get promoted. Our clean sheets are more to do with the punchless attacks we have faced rather than the grear defending despite people's comments on here saying Toto is now the best thing since sliced bread,

Nisala was back to his best tonight....!

Would like to see Woolfenden come in and I suppose now is a good time after letting in 4 goals.

Having said that, we've hd a good start so lets hope this doesn't become the start of anything and just a blip!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024