Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby about to be bought by a Sheik 12:58 - Oct 30 with 1111 viewsle2blue

guess they may make it eventually...or it may all go pete tong.
Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 13:47 - Oct 30 with 1034 viewsGeoffSentence

Football wise could it go much more Pete Tong than Bolton or us?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:03 - Oct 30 with 1004 viewsRoberds

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 13:47 - Oct 30 by GeoffSentence

Try Bury or Macclesfield. There's a lot worse places to be than 3rd in L1.
Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:04 - Oct 30 with 997 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 13:47 - Oct 30 by GeoffSentence

Imaginary tax schemes aside, It would be interesting to know the precise amount ITFC has cost Evans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:06 - Oct 30 with 994 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst they have failed to get up, they are attractive because been continuous investment from their owner - whereas we cut everything back to the bare bones.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:33 - Oct 30 with 948 viewsitfcjoe

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:04 - Oct 30 by Illinoisblue

Imaginary tax schemes aside, It would be interesting to know the precise amount ITFC has cost Evans.

Well he bought the debt for about £8m originally I think.....which was £32m or so.

Have added another £60m or so to that figure, so somewhere around £68m.

It was something like £10m a year on average for the first 5, and then £2m a year for the next 5 - we don't know how last year went (presumably terribly) and this year (even worse) but he is someone who now 'only' puts in a couple of million a year to keep us running and uses transfer sales to keep that figure there

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:35 - Oct 30 with 940 viewstractorboy1978

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:33 - Oct 30 by itfcjoe

Well he bought the debt for about £8m originally I think.....which was £32m or so.

Have added another £60m or so to that figure, so somewhere around £68m.

It was something like £10m a year on average for the first 5, and then £2m a year for the next 5 - we don't know how last year went (presumably terribly) and this year (even worse) but he is someone who now 'only' puts in a couple of million a year to keep us running and uses transfer sales to keep that figure there

I don't even want to think about next year if we don't get promoted...
Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:56 - Oct 30 with 888 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How does this work with the current rules on FFP? Are they able to invest beyond the level that Derby have been without penalty or does this simply prevent them going bust from the contracts they are already tied to?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 15:06 - Oct 30 with 871 viewsBloomBlue

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:56 - Oct 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

How does this work with the current rules on FFP? Are they able to invest beyond the level that Derby have been without penalty or does this simply prevent them going bust from the contracts they are already tied to?

Does FFP still exist, wasn't there talk of freezing it while CV19 continues as all clubs need to survive and revenue from fans etc is reduced?
Login to get fewer ads

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 15:09 - Oct 30 with 865 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 15:06 - Oct 30 by BloomBlue

Does FFP still exist, wasn't there talk of freezing it while CV19 continues as all clubs need to survive and revenue from fans etc is reduced?

No idea. I thought the idea was to prevent clubs overspending. It hasn't really worked very well has it? However, a few clubs have fallen foul of points deductions recently.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 15:18 - Oct 30 with 842 viewsjontysnut

Sheik Instefans?
Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 15:32 - Oct 30 with 828 viewsBloomBlue

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 15:09 - Oct 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

No idea. I thought the idea was to prevent clubs overspending. It hasn't really worked very well has it? However, a few clubs have fallen foul of points deductions recently.

No it hasn't worked, I thought I recalled something about suspending it in some form because if a club is about to go bust and an owner puts money in to save it while that may break the FFP rules it seems unfair in the current climate. But I guess some owners may use that to get round the FFP rules
Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 15:35 - Oct 30 with 820 viewsitfcjoe

Derby about to be bought by a Sheik on 14:56 - Oct 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

They will have to operate within FFP rules, but this will give them more leeway to spend in areas that fall outside FFP and maximise opportunities to give them advantages.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024