Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albania 17:47 - Nov 12 with 1179 viewseastangliaisblue

Not being able to get away this year has really given me the travel blues. Now I know I might be hoping for a bit much, if things get back to normal next year with this vaccine, I really want to get away. Albania has been on my radar for some time and now I'm thinking I might go next summer. Just wondering if anyone on here has ever been? If so any recommendations for places to visit, what accomodation is like and road conditions etc would be very helpful.
Albania on 18:23 - Nov 12 with 1109 viewscarlo88

Doubt if you'll find may people who have been there, but sounds like a wonderfully undiscovered country. Just go and do it and make your own mind up!
Albania on 18:27 - Nov 12 with 1097 viewsSomethingBlue

Been to Tirana for a few days and it was great fun, lots to see and cracking nightlife too. I've spent more time in Kosovo over the years really so better placed to advise there, but my friends in Pristina are always telling me I need to travel more along the Albanian coast which apparently has some stunning scenery and relatively undiscovered gems.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Albania on 18:35 - Nov 12 with 1071 viewsFixed_It

Albania on 18:27 - Nov 12 by SomethingBlue

Been to Tirana for a few days and it was great fun, lots to see and cracking nightlife too. I've spent more time in Kosovo over the years really so better placed to advise there, but my friends in Pristina are always telling me I need to travel more along the Albanian coast which apparently has some stunning scenery and relatively undiscovered gems.

My step daughter did the coast and raves about it.

*full of 'albinos' apparently - typical blonde!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Albania on 18:42 - Nov 12 with 1058 viewsGeoffSentence

You might be able to get some Albania travel tips by watching a travelogue about the country that I saw the other day. I think it was called Taken 2.

Looked lovely.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Albania on 18:54 - Nov 12 with 1037 viewseastangliaisblue

Albania on 18:23 - Nov 12 by carlo88

Doubt if you'll find may people who have been there, but sounds like a wonderfully undiscovered country. Just go and do it and make your own mind up!

It does indeed. I will definitely go just nice to hear if anyone else has experienced it.
Albania on 18:57 - Nov 12 with 1030 viewseastangliaisblue

Albania on 18:27 - Nov 12 by SomethingBlue

The coast does look impressive from what I've seen on the internet. I've travelled the length of Montenegro so I'm assuming it's similar in parts.
Albania on 18:58 - Nov 12 with 1024 viewsWeWereZombies

I went on a day trip from Corfu many years ago, landed in Sarandë and then a coach trip to Butrint - which was one of the best ancient ruins I have visited:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butrint

Then a meal and back to Sarandë for a walk along the promenade and the boat back, pleasant enough but I think I saw more animal cruelty in that day then I have seen in the rest of my life but it might just be me objecting to hobbled horses. Also a Jeep with British numberplates and an innocuous looking driver but two enormous wolfhounds.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Albania on 18:58 - Nov 12 with 1023 viewseastangliaisblue

Albania on 18:42 - Nov 12 by GeoffSentence

You might be able to get some Albania travel tips by watching a travelogue about the country that I saw the other day. I think it was called Taken 2.

Looked lovely.

Haha I had to actually google that, I was assuming it was a p1sstake but had to make sure!
Login to get fewer ads

Albania on 19:36 - Nov 12 with 974 viewsistanblue

Make sure to check out the bunkers!
Albania on 23:02 - Nov 12 with 899 viewsronnyd

Albania on 18:57 - Nov 12 by eastangliaisblue

The coast does look impressive from what I've seen on the internet. I've travelled the length of Montenegro so I'm assuming it's similar in parts.

Yes. Took a local bus trip from Budva to Dubrovnik and the area around Kotor bay was stunning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024