Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you like war documentaries 18:47 - Nov 13 with 1943 viewsgtsb1966

I would highly recommend watching this on Channel 5 catch up. Some fascinating stuff.
https://www.channel5.com/show/how-britain-won-ww2/
If you like war documentaries on 10:15 - Nov 15 with 230 viewsKeno

If you like war documentaries on 10:12 - Nov 15 by StochesStotasBlewe

Any of the above.

Can i have more than 1?

do you mean at a time or the same time?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If you like war documentaries on 10:19 - Nov 15 with 229 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If you like war documentaries on 10:15 - Nov 15 by Keno

do you mean at a time or the same time?

My own automaton harem.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If you like war documentaries on 11:20 - Nov 15 with 208 viewsPlums

If you like war documentaries on 23:35 - Nov 14 by Churchman

Wow, that is some history. Photographers were often in places of danger for obvious reasons and many lost their lives, sadly. Brave men. How those who witnessed places like Belsen dealt with it, I’ll never know. As for Bodenplatte, it was the Luftwaffe’s last throw of the dice. Totally pointless and basically wiped out what was left of the German airforce. Allied losses were easily replaced. The pics could be of that, though why Wellingtons were there at that date (early 45), I’m not sure. Could they be pics of N Africa or Italy, where I know Wellingtons were used a not?

Thanks for that, it prompted further digging. 69 Squadron were flying Wellingtons on night reconnaissance missions. They lost 11 in the raid on Melsbroek. It turns out grandad’s unit suffered quite heavy casualties in that attack as the airfield was very heavily hit.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

If you like war documentaries on 14:18 - Nov 15 with 194 viewsChurchman

If you like war documentaries on 09:21 - Nov 15 by eastangliaisblue

The news report by Richard Dimbleby about Belsen is something that I'll never be able to unsee, so can't imagine how it would of affected your Grandad.

The BBC at first refused to air it, until Richard Dimbleby threatened to quit if they didn't.

Yes, I have seen that and know exactly what you mean. Given that the photographers and correspondents must have seen enough nightmare stuff following the allied armies, the camps must have been the final straw for many.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024