Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood last night 13:22 - Nov 25 with 513 viewsKeaneish

He’s probably the only player to come out that game with any real credit. McGavin did OK as did a few but he was our stand out player and in truth, probably the best on the pitch.

It was questioned whether he could play up top on his own despite doing it for Tranmere but last night showed he had the ability to with clever movement from start to a very premature finish. If he does remain as a lone striker, and we do Insist on a 433, who supports him in the wider roles? On last night’s showing, Bennett’s, Sears and Judge haven’t got it in them. Edwards presumably is a shoe in. Should Jackson be the other? Lankester is a bit too raw still and we’re really scratching around after that...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood last night on 13:26 - Nov 25 with 482 viewsFixed_It

I still don't get why Danny Rowe was released. Not when we are relying on Judge...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Norwood last night on 13:31 - Nov 25 with 458 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not sure it was a premature finish! He's hardly played of late and his last effort from a tight angle, you could see his legs were going and he was unable to generate any power.

Played very well whilst he was on though, just makes me smile how many were annoyed he went off!

RIP Sir Bobby

Norwood last night on 13:32 - Nov 25 with 447 viewsFrimleyBlue

When you have Norwood and Jackson available.. it's painful the first thought isn't. Right I need those two uptop together.

They literally have to be a two.

I bet Jackson will end up at posh next season and will bang in 30 goals.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Norwood last night on 13:36 - Nov 25 with 427 viewsportmanroadblue

Not sure you can put Bennetts in the same bracket as Sears and Judge, thought he was the only one willing to have a go and try and get something started.
Norwood last night on 13:37 - Nov 25 with 424 viewscatch74

Maybe one of the few times we’ve seen him without the groin injuring hampering his performance.
Dozzell will pick him out, that’s my hope of a goal on Saturday.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Norwood last night on 13:45 - Nov 25 with 391 viewsBLUEBEAT

Norwood last night on 13:36 - Nov 25 by portmanroadblue

Not sure you can put Bennetts in the same bracket as Sears and Judge, thought he was the only one willing to have a go and try and get something started.

Certainly something there but often needs to release the ball earlier before he gets shut down.

I don’t understand why Rowe is even being discussed in this thread. If Edwards was fit, Rowe wouldn’t even register in ones mind. Pretty sure he’s currently without club, which says a lot.

Poll: W or W

Norwood last night on 13:58 - Nov 25 with 357 viewsKeaneish

Norwood last night on 13:37 - Nov 25 by catch74

Maybe one of the few times we’ve seen him without the groin injuring hampering his performance.
Dozzell will pick him out, that’s my hope of a goal on Saturday.

McGavins ball through and the run he made to get in behind the defenders was first class and probably the only bit of inspiration from the night. Thought his movement for Eolfenden and McGuiness to try and pick him out again was excellent at times.

For all the bemoaning of his gamesmanship, he wins free kicks in good areas for us so more power to it in my view.

I didn’t feel he was tiring too much as Wallingford says - he had just covered a lot of ground to fashion the chance out.

Definitely starts on Saturday and it’s be ridiculous not to give him Jackson as a partner.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024