Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? 11:56 - Dec 2 with 618 viewsthebooks

Sort of, “look at that forum, and the press, they’re a bunch of malcontents”?

Unbelievable really. FWIW, Phil and the guys have done a magnificent job building TWTD (which it should remain as, incidentally!) over the years, and therefore building support for Ipswich Town. The club should be fecking grateful.

Far more a part of Ipswich Town than Lambert, Evans and whatever two bit mouthpiece they employ as the club’s face.

Have they forgot who sponsors the academy? And that they went begging, cap in hand to us fans for money? And for the frankly insane support we’ve provided to a team that’s been utter dross for years?

So sad Town has come to this.
Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 12:54 - Dec 2 with 535 viewsTractorWood

I defended Lee last night but perhaps think he should read about the Dunning Kruger effect before he opens his mouth on the record again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:01 - Dec 2 with 510 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 12:54 - Dec 2 by TractorWood

I defended Lee last night but perhaps think he should read about the Dunning Kruger effect before he opens his mouth on the record again.

If we all only read one paragraph today, it needs to be this one:

The psychological phenomenon of illusory superiority was identified as a form of cognitive bias in Kruger and Dunning's 1999 study, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments".[1] The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who, on April 19, 1995, robbed two banks while his face was covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink.[4]
Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:03 - Dec 2 with 497 viewsWD19

No, it is not that strategic. It is just plain incompetence laid bare.
Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:04 - Dec 2 with 477 viewsTractorWood

Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:01 - Dec 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

The psychological phenomenon of illusory superiority was identified as a form of cognitive bias in Kruger and Dunning's 1999 study, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments".[1] The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who, on April 19, 1995, robbed two banks while his face was covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink.[4]

If you look deep enough, Wikipedia and psychology specifically have some absolute gold.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

lols (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 2 with 470 viewsDyland

Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:01 - Dec 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:06 - Dec 2 with 460 viewsthebooks

Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 12:54 - Dec 2 by TractorWood

I did understand why some might object to personal stuff such as “PE teacher” and, erm, “two bit mouthpiece”, but I think it’s fair enough to question his qualifications for the role.

Also, the respect runs two ways, and he’s just taking the pee at the moment.
Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:09 - Dec 2 with 447 viewsjoepublic

Maybe Lamberts master plan is covered in so much lemon juice, that we just can't see it🤔

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Is this an attempt by the club to divide and conquer? on 13:11 - Dec 2 with 427 viewsNthQldITFC

Did he get his face too close to a candle then?

I'm frankly surprised that they had candles in both banks. I suspect it's made up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024