Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is Lee O'Neill 12:02 - Dec 3 with 2707 viewsBiGDonnie

What's his background? How has he found himself in this position?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 15:28 - Dec 3 with 578 viewsDyland

Who is Lee O'Neill on 15:19 - Dec 3 by PhilTWTD

Bit on Lee's background in the below. He is very much one of us with his father Tommy having been a member of the 1975 Youth Cup-winning side.

Although I thought his comments re TWTD the other day were somewhat dismissive and factually incorrect, I think to a great extent he's caught in the middle of this situation rather than being the instigator of it.

Following the below he was appointed academy manager in 2016 and then general manager of football operations around Christmas 2019.

O'Neill Appointed Assistant Academy Manager 6th Aug 2015 20:26
Lee O’Neill has been appointed to the new role of assistant academy manager, TWTD understands. 8

This post has been edited by an administrator

Completely agree. No axe to grind with Lee, personally.

The issue is Evans, these are his calls. His silly staring competition with Lambert will cost us all dear. The problem for me is I feel like give a fook much more than Marcus. Which is ridiculous.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 15:31 - Dec 3 with 570 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bit on Lee's background in the below. He is very much one of us with his father Tommy having been a member of the 1975 Youth Cup-winning side.

Although I thought his comments re TWTD the other day were somewhat dismissive and factually incorrect, I think to a great extent he's caught in the middle of this situation rather than being the instigator of it.

Following the below he was appointed academy manager in 2016 and then general manager of football operations around Christmas 2019.

Lee O’Neill has been appointed to the new role of assistant academy manager, TWTD understands. 8

Cheers Phil. Good to get a slightly more rounded view on him. I'm finding the increasingly personal comments about him and digging up his previous employment record a bit distasteful. I can understand that people are upset with our continued decline, but he's the wrong target imo. Very much caught in the middle,as he's performing the job asked of him (presumably).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

same on 15:32 - Dec 3 with 566 viewsDyland

Who is Lee O'Neill on 15:31 - Dec 3 by Swansea_Blue

Cheers Phil. Good to get a slightly more rounded view on him. I'm finding the increasingly personal comments about him and digging up his previous employment record a bit distasteful. I can understand that people are upset with our continued decline, but he's the wrong target imo. Very much caught in the middle,as he's performing the job asked of him (presumably).

Unnecessary innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 15:48 - Dec 3 with 539 viewsSteve_M

Who is Lee O'Neill on 15:28 - Dec 3 by Dyland

Completely agree. No axe to grind with Lee, personally.

The issue is Evans, these are his calls. His silly staring competition with Lambert will cost us all dear. The problem for me is I feel like give a fook much more than Marcus. Which is ridiculous.

Well, quite. It's an angry lashing out from some fans against LON. Evans is the decision maker, Lambert reports to him and it is only Evans who will decide when he is ready to make a change.

The off-field side of ITFC largely runs on a handful of people who are committed to their jobs and the club. LON is one and we would be in a worse place without him I think. That doesn't mean that some of his comments this week are the most sensible he could have made.

It is Evans though who the complaints need to be addressed to. Although I bet 'covid protocols' means no fans are within 100m of his box next weekend.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

same on 15:49 - Dec 3 with 537 viewsSwansea_Blue

same on 15:32 - Dec 3 by Dyland

Unnecessary innit.

Is a bit. I can understand people lashing out in frustration, but the targets should be Evans in terms of our overall decline and Lambert for what we're seeing on the pitch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 16:35 - Dec 3 with 490 viewsBiGDonnie

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:53 - Dec 3 by Kropotkin123

If he "bled blue" he would do what was right by Ipswich and not what is right by ME. The honourable thing to do would be to resign, rather than spout nonsense, whilst our club spirals into oblivion.

Honestly, would you do that and surrender your healthy salary for doing not much at all?

I love ITFC, but I'd tell you lot Lambert was God if ME asked me too.

COYBs

Who is Lee O'Neill on 16:39 - Dec 3 with 486 viewsBiGDonnie

Ta mate, explains a lot and actually, he's not as under qualified as I thought.

I'll be sending in a special load of coffees if they don't reinstate you soon though.

COYBs

Who is Lee O'Neill on 16:42 - Dec 3 with 486 viewsKropotkin123

If he is knowingly taking actions that are not in the interest of the club, then he is not one of us. One of us would have done the right thing and apologised to you or not let it be sanctioned in the first place.

It is time for an open and honest dialogue about the direction the club has gone in over the past two decades and, frankly, he is in the way of that
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 16:43]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Who is Lee O'Neill on 16:48 - Dec 3 with 474 viewsTieDyedIn95

Who is Lee O'Neill on 12:58 - Dec 3 by istanblue

Lee O'Neill is a former PE teacher who holds a sports science degree from Loughborough University. He's the latest Evans yes man to hold such a role (e.g. Milne, Clegg), and as such he is someone who will regurgitate whatever Marcus tells him to. He is a mere puppet with Evans' hand up his arse. Think of him as like the Mouth of Sauron from the LOTR. The only reason he is there is because fans became impatient with the previous incumbent and the appointment of O'Neill was a ploy to appease fans - didn't last long did it. The man is a fraud.

A fkn PE teacher is running our football club. Is it any wonder things are going so badly?

What next ............. a passionate binman? He's definitely talk more sense than PE O'Neil.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 17:11 - Dec 3 with 459 viewsPhilTWTD

Who is Lee O'Neill on 16:42 - Dec 3 by Kropotkin123

If he is knowingly taking actions that are not in the interest of the club, then he is not one of us. One of us would have done the right thing and apologised to you or not let it be sanctioned in the first place.

It is time for an open and honest dialogue about the direction the club has gone in over the past two decades and, frankly, he is in the way of that
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 16:43]

I meant in terms of his background rather than anything else. Obviously, if it were down to me, I would be managing the current furore in a very different manner, much more along the lines that you suggest.
Who is Lee O'Neill on 17:13 - Dec 3 with 454 viewsjeera

Who is Lee O'Neill on 17:11 - Dec 3 by PhilTWTD

I meant in terms of his background rather than anything else. Obviously, if it were down to me, I would be managing the current furore in a very different manner, much more along the lines that you suggest.

There's the answer.

Next time the position is up for grabs, make sure you get your application in sharpish!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who is Lee O'Neill on 18:04 - Dec 3 with 423 viewsBluespeed225

Wasn’t his Dad assaulted when we relegated Leeds at Elland Rd? Think an ex youth player of that era was? No question about the commitment to the Club, just suitability for the role he’s in. Our neighbours up the road went out and poached Huddersfield’s DOF I think? Plenty of highly intelligent people out there, but they don’t know how football works. We need a football person in that position or I fear we will fall further. Trouble is, that doesn’t come cheap, and that’s what Evans has failed to see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024