Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry as manager anyone? 00:14 - Dec 27 with 4297 viewskizaitfc

I have previously thought we need an experienced manager who knows how to get a team defending and attacking effectively.

But now think maybe a gamble could be what we need.

Played under some great managers, currently working with a very good manager at Villa and seems to want to try his hand at managing as I believe he has been mentioned for Derby job.

Question would be would he come to league 1? Probably not unfortunately

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

John Terry as manager anyone? on 15:06 - Dec 27 with 632 viewsstrikalite

John Terry as manager anyone? on 12:50 - Dec 27 by Parky

There is near to no chance John Terry would leave Villa as assistant to come manage in League One. I would bet on him getting a Championship gig soon, if he’s to leave at all.

Somebody who has impressed me with their analysis and intelligence recently is Jermaine Jenas. Not sure if he’s even done any coaching, or interested in managing. - Just somebody I have been impressed with the way he speaks.

Agree, like JJ a lot, but he's said he won't go into Management, why would he, on everything and doing well as a pundit..
John Terry as manager anyone? on 16:30 - Dec 27 with 588 viewsBlue12345

John Terry as manager anyone? on 07:41 - Dec 27 by solemio

You are not just appointing a football manager. You are appointing a man. He is not a human being I would want anywhere near our club. If you saw the recent Anton Ferdinand programme on television you will know why.

Also I can see no footballing reason for appointing him.

The footballing reason would be he was a world class player and England’s best defender for a good number of years. He done very well when he stepped in at Aston Villa in the championship and is doing very well as an assistant at premier league Aston Villa.

I can see why you would have an opinion that you don’t want him based on off field past issues but let’s not make out there are no footballing grounds that this could work.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2020 16:34]
John Terry as manager anyone? on 21:02 - Dec 27 with 523 viewsEireannach_gorm

John Terry as manager anyone? on 12:54 - Dec 27 by MonkeyAlan

I'd take him. These girls need a kick up the @rse.

You're a gas man.
John Terry as manager anyone? on 23:12 - Dec 27 with 486 viewsBlueBadger

John Terry as manager anyone? on 14:34 - Dec 27 by RedX

Follow the Brentford model.

Go foreign.

Nonononononono, no foreign, 'technical'.

Or, as it's known to the layman 'hope to to keep being able to sell for more than you can buy for, it's not built on sand, honest'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

John Terry as manager anyone? on 09:17 - Dec 28 with 433 viewsBryanPlug

John Terry as manager anyone? on 07:45 - Dec 27 by 26_Paz

Interesting one. Was clearly a good leader as a player. Has some coaching experience now. As you say a gamble but could be just what we need.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024