Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield united 13:44 - Dec 27 with 4757 viewsgiant_stow

Wierd how they've gone from great to plop - I see they even managed a new record in crapness. And despite spending all that money last year.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sheffield united on 20:27 - Dec 27 with 864 viewsJamestownPrince

If they lose the next game, they will have the least points at the New Year in any of the top 4 leagues since the league began in 1888

According to Radio 5 Live!
Sheffield united on 21:05 - Dec 27 with 845 viewsSeablu

Sheffield united on 20:27 - Dec 27 by JamestownPrince

If they lose the next game, they will have the least points at the New Year in any of the top 4 leagues since the league began in 1888

According to Radio 5 Live!

They’ve lost 16 of their last 18 top flight games.
Staggering really.
This time last year, Wilder was being hailed as a tactical genius with his overlapping centre-halves.
He’s the next Lambert. Takes a sleepy under-achiever up x2 divisions, then it all goes wrong and he never comes close to replicating the happy fluke.
ME will probably hire him in x8 years time to add to his ever growing list of busted flushes that get a final chance of sorting out our blocked crapper.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2020 21:10]
Sheffield united on 21:22 - Dec 27 with 825 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Is it? Thought they recruited poorly given it was fairly obvious they’d been found out towards the end of last season.
Sheffield united on 22:33 - Dec 27 with 797 viewsBlueBadger

Sheffield united on 21:05 - Dec 27 by Seablu

Staggering really.
This time last year, Wilder was being hailed as a tactical genius with his overlapping centre-halves.
He’s the next Lambert. Takes a sleepy under-achiever up x2 divisions, then it all goes wrong and he never comes close to replicating the happy fluke.
ME will probably hire him in x8 years time to add to his ever growing list of busted flushes that get a final chance of sorting out our blocked crapper.

There's no way his stock's going to devalue to the point where he takes on a non-league club, surely?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sheffield united on 00:31 - Dec 28 with 750 viewsSeablu

Sheffield united on 22:33 - Dec 27 by BlueBadger

There's no way his stock's going to devalue to the point where he takes on a non-league club, surely?

We’ll be lower League 2 at worst.

Blimey, that glass really is half empty at times.

Sheffield united on 09:39 - Dec 28 with 672 viewsbournemouthblue

Sheffield united on 21:05 - Dec 27 by Seablu

Staggering really.

Lambert didn't actually leave Nodge in turmoil though, he simply moved to a bigger club on the hope of going to the next stage?

They then spent what another year or two in the Prem with Hughton?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sheffield united on 11:13 - Dec 28 with 637 viewsLankHenners

Sheffield united on 21:22 - Dec 27 by PrideOfTheEast

Is it? Thought they recruited poorly given it was fairly obvious they’d been found out towards the end of last season.

They haven’t recruited very well but think this ‘found out’ stuff is being overblown. They’re a team that had lost too many of the fine margins that made them successful and this is the result. Ramsdale is a downgrade on Henderson, and the injuries to O’Connell and Fleck pretty much destroy their left hand side. Mousset hasn’t played a game all season and he was probably their most effective striker last season. Probably missing fans being in the ground more than other teams as well, plus the break last season was a gut punch to their momentum.

That they recruited poorly means they can’t play the way they want to as effectively as they have done, but also struggle to get a ‘plan b’ going properly.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sheffield united on 13:13 - Dec 28 with 594 viewsChrisd

Sheffield united on 11:13 - Dec 28 by LankHenners

They haven’t recruited very well but think this ‘found out’ stuff is being overblown. They’re a team that had lost too many of the fine margins that made them successful and this is the result. Ramsdale is a downgrade on Henderson, and the injuries to O’Connell and Fleck pretty much destroy their left hand side. Mousset hasn’t played a game all season and he was probably their most effective striker last season. Probably missing fans being in the ground more than other teams as well, plus the break last season was a gut punch to their momentum.

That they recruited poorly means they can’t play the way they want to as effectively as they have done, but also struggle to get a ‘plan b’ going properly.

All very valid points and hard to disagree with.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield united on 13:48 - Dec 28 with 575 viewsRadlett_blue

Sheffield united on 11:13 - Dec 28 by LankHenners

Some of their players probably think they are better than they used to be. John Lundstram, a key player last season, refused to sign a new contract & will be a free agent & has hardly featured. I reckon some of the others think they are now PL players so are only giving 95% this season. Obviously other clubs are taking them more seriously this year.
Your point about recruitment is accurate. I think they wanted Ollie Watkins, but were out-bid by Aston Villa. So they paid a similar sum - £23m - for Rhian Brewster, who hasn't found the net & can't get in the team.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sheffield united on 03:51 - Dec 29 with 472 viewsharlingblue

They had a style of play that was different for one season, soon got sorted out, a bit like Ipswich Town after finishing 6th, all those wonderful years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024