Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That’s your benchmark 17:06 - Feb 6 with 603 viewsMrTown

A fresh look to the side really. Really good performance. Well a balanced, good pace, good movement. Need to be sustainable and not a flash in the pan.

Add Bishop to that squad for Drinan, I think that’s your base 18?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

That’s your benchmark on 17:11 - Feb 6 with 560 viewsSwansea_Blue

It showed up the old guard didn't it? I'd swap Sears out as soon as possible, but otherwise I wouldn't want to be changing too much about that team. I'm still not convinced about the Woolf and McGuiness partnership but I think until Wilson is back that's the best we have (and Wilson isn't much better).

The only caveat is that we've seen this many times before; beating a team below us reasonably convincingly but then getting whooped against a top 6-8 side. False dawns haven't been uncommon either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That’s your benchmark on 17:15 - Feb 6 with 523 viewsBlueBadger

That’s your benchmark on 17:11 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

It showed up the old guard didn't it? I'd swap Sears out as soon as possible, but otherwise I wouldn't want to be changing too much about that team. I'm still not convinced about the Woolf and McGuiness partnership but I think until Wilson is back that's the best we have (and Wilson isn't much better).

The only caveat is that we've seen this many times before; beating a team below us reasonably convincingly but then getting whooped against a top 6-8 side. False dawns haven't been uncommon either.

Let's face it, we've seen more false dawns than a Gavin and Stacey fan convention over the past 3 years.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 17:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That’s your benchmark on 17:28 - Feb 6 with 472 viewsBluefish

Benchmark?? Give me strength

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

That’s your benchmark on 17:53 - Feb 6 with 440 viewsSuperCoops

That’s your benchmark on 17:28 - Feb 6 by Bluefish

Yes, that's a level of performance we should be looking to achieve every week. Passed it around well, tidy at the back. Full backs looked good and we actually looked a lot stronger and threatening in and around the opponent's box.

What's to be critical about on that performance? You need to take your blinkers off from that performance (alone). I was happy with that. Not saying that changes the "bigger picture" right now, but credit where credit's due, that was much better.
That’s your benchmark on 17:58 - Feb 6 with 420 viewsMrTown

That’s your benchmark on 17:11 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

I thought Sears did well to be fair to him. Wouldn’t be changing much at all other than Bishop for Drinan on the bench. Nobody deserves to be dropped there.

Like you say, consistency is key, you can’t get carried away from 1 performance, a really good one nevertheless. As BlueBadger, we’ve had a lot of false dawns, let’s hope this fresh look side doesn’t provide another one.

Only time will tell. But it should be an evening of happiness when most hasn’t been this season.

That’s your benchmark on 17:59 - Feb 6 with 411 viewsMrTown

That’s your benchmark on 17:28 - Feb 6 by Bluefish

What was wrong with that performance?

We were very good today.

That’s your benchmark on 18:00 - Feb 6 with 402 viewsMetal_Hacker

That’s your benchmark on 17:58 - Feb 6 by MrTown

I thought Sears did well to be fair to him. Wouldn’t be changing much at all other than Bishop for Drinan on the bench. Nobody deserves to be dropped there.

Like you say, consistency is key, you can’t get carried away from 1 performance, a really good one nevertheless. As BlueBadger, we’ve had a lot of false dawns, let’s hope this fresh look side doesn’t provide another one.

Only time will tell. But it should be an evening of happiness when most hasn’t been this season.

Yeah I thought Sears did ok today for Sears

Assuming he played 90 mins today because he won’t be staring Tuesday too

Poll: If it were one or the other

That’s your benchmark on 18:13 - Feb 6 with 371 viewsMrTown

That’s your benchmark on 18:00 - Feb 6 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah I thought Sears did ok today for Sears

Assuming he played 90 mins today because he won’t be staring Tuesday too

Probably. I think with that 18 (Bishop for Drinan) then there is good room to make them kind of switches - Edwards for Sears and not be weakened.

Bench is very strong with: Cornell, Chambers, Ward, Bishop, Harrop, Norwood, Sears

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024