Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? 22:45 - Feb 14 with 2459 viewsDublinBlue84

Now describing himself as former announcer at ITFC on his twitter bio so that would suggest that Stephen Foster has got the gig permanently.

Edit, I see he said he was sitting the season out in December:

Perhaps he's still just sitting this season out, but with Foster having recently left his radio job, you have to wonder if we'll see Rob on the mic again.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 22:48]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 23:02 - Feb 14 with 2349 viewsdominiciawful

Games where he hasn't been able to be on the mic in the past have never felt quite right.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 23:13 - Feb 14 with 2279 viewsnoubledooble

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 23:02 - Feb 14 by dominiciawful

Games where he hasn't been able to be on the mic in the past have never felt quite right.

Totally agree. Just hearing that familiar voice especially when he’s taunting them up the road.
Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 23:30 - Feb 14 with 2225 viewsDublinBlue84

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 23:13 - Feb 14 by noubledooble

Totally agree. Just hearing that familiar voice especially when he’s taunting them up the road.

Bumped into Rob on the underground on the way to Wembley in 2000, top bloke, happy to chat and have a sing with the fans.

Remember when Wayne Bavin was covering for him last season, was pretty clear that Bavin never had announced at the football match as the louder he spoke the less you could hear!

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 00:21 - Feb 15 with 2087 viewsJimmyJazz

I'd say it's the fans who have to endure in his absence. It's not the same at all

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 05:32 - Feb 15 with 1909 viewsLesta_Tractor

Was it Rob who triggered the celebrations at Portman Road when Simpson hit the post for Wolves against Bradford in 98/99?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 07:08 - Feb 15 with 1749 viewsThe_Major

At least with Foz doing it, they've got near enough one of the most recognisable Ipswich voices from the last four decades short of giving Andy Archer the gig, or building a Bryan Knights clone.
Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 07:21 - Feb 15 with 1691 viewsEastTownBlue

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 05:32 - Feb 15 by Lesta_Tractor

Was it Rob who triggered the celebrations at Portman Road when Simpson hit the post for Wolves against Bradford in 98/99?

Thought it was those sitting in front of the executive boxes that did that. I could be wrong here but I seem to recall Rob indicating that there was no goal scored.
Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 07:27 - Feb 15 with 1654 viewsLesta_Tractor

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 07:21 - Feb 15 by EastTownBlue

Thought it was those sitting in front of the executive boxes that did that. I could be wrong here but I seem to recall Rob indicating that there was no goal scored.

I think you're right...

TWTD!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 08:25 - Feb 15 with 1417 viewsPlums

Rob Chandler has finished at ITFC? on 07:21 - Feb 15 by EastTownBlue

I was telling my son about that only last week. Still sends shivers up my back.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024