Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) 10:09 - Feb 20 with 990 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 10:40 - Feb 20 with 936 viewsemmaroyds

What makes you think Kieron Dyer is the answer?

Plenty of clubs have gone down the old legend route. Derby, Forest and Norwich to name just three and they didn't work out too well.

The problem is the owner.

Before someone chips, no I don't have the answer. That's for the people running the club but seeing as some of those people couldn't run a bath there is much hope.
Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 10:43 - Feb 20 with 926 viewsBluefish

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 10:40 - Feb 20 by emmaroyds

Plenty of clubs have gone down the old legend route. Derby, Forest and Norwich to name just three and they didn't work out too well.

Before someone chips, no I don't have the answer. That's for the people running the club but seeing as some of those people couldn't run a bath there is much hope.

Why is he not the answer?

Why are Lampard, Gerrard or Rooney seen as great young managers with potential but not Dyer? Even Bowyer is another that has been given a chance. We are in division 3 we can't be too lucky and no one knows this club better or cares more than him. He has great experiences and a true desire to be a manager (unlike gunn) and contacts in the game on another level to anyone else we can attract

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 10:46 - Feb 20 with 906 viewsHerbivore

I just can't see Evans giving him the job, even though I'd be well up for it. Completely goes against his MO.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:05 - Feb 20 with 858 viewsemmaroyds

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 10:43 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Why is he not the answer?

Why are Lampard, Gerrard or Rooney seen as great young managers with potential but not Dyer? Even Bowyer is another that has been given a chance. We are in division 3 we can't be too lucky and no one knows this club better or cares more than him. He has great experiences and a true desire to be a manager (unlike gunn) and contacts in the game on another level to anyone else we can attract

Good point.

Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard have appointed experience as their assistant. I think Dyer would be wise to do the same thing, it doesn't mean he shouldn't have his own ideas and plans. Just someone with experience to guide him.

Like you say, he want the job, so why not give him a go.
Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:15 - Feb 20 with 836 viewsBluefish

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:05 - Feb 20 by emmaroyds

Good point.

Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard have appointed experience as their assistant. I think Dyer would be wise to do the same thing, it doesn't mean he shouldn't have his own ideas and plans. Just someone with experience to guide him.

Not sure they do. Lampard had Jody Morris, his pal from the Chelsea youth team and Rooney has Liam Rosenior (ex Ipswich but young and respected and FA involved), he also has shay given and someone else that I can't remember but not particularly experienced in management. No idea about Gerrard

Mclaren is about at derby but it is more of a lee o'neill type role

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:25 - Feb 20 with 815 viewsjas0999

Simply doesn’t have the experience in my opinion. Our club is in a complete mess. If it was just team matters then maybe ... but it really isn’t. Not sure it’s the right time for Kieron. First team coach or assistant yes. Manager - no.
Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:41 - Feb 20 with 783 viewsMonkeyAlan

Not the answer at the moment. Would be a disaster for him and ruin any future career in management he wants.
Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 12:12 - Feb 20 with 743 viewsMoriarty

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:25 - Feb 20 by jas0999

Simply doesn’t have the experience in my opinion. Our club is in a complete mess. If it was just team matters then maybe ... but it really isn’t. Not sure it’s the right time for Kieron. First team coach or assistant yes. Manager - no.

The lack of experience is a risk but that can be mitigated with an experienced assistant.

Phil has commented that KD will do very well when he gets a club so why not let that be here?

The other consideration is the urgent need to reconnect the club with the supporters and community and Dyer is the best option there, especially if TB is involved.

His love of the club is a significant advantage as well. Players will see it and buy into it. Players fed of their manager. The enthusiasm, the drive to win, the refusal to bend.

My worry (as I’m avidly pro Dyer) is that if Evans was minded to go Dyer, he’d have done it by now.

fka omuircheartaigh

Login to get fewer ads

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 12:13 - Feb 20 with 733 viewsMrTown

Paul Cook is no.1 surely

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 12:19 - Feb 20 with 717 viewsMetal_Hacker

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:05 - Feb 20 by emmaroyds

Good point.

Three rights (Gerrard,Lampard and Rooney) don’t always make a right

Not too sure about the KD idea ... something doesn’t add up

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 12:27 - Feb 20 with 699 viewsportmanroadblue

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 11:25 - Feb 20 by jas0999

For me, its a win/win for KD, give him until the end of the season, he cant do any worse than what Lambert is doing and experience of managent at a higher level.

It gives Evans time to bring in a new manager if required and to assess the whole situation.
Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 12:45 - Feb 20 with 666 viewsFPL_Tractor

Whilst not my first choice I’d definitely support Dyer as a choice and would be tempted to give him a few games anyway. It sounds like him and Butcher get on well so there’s some experience there and if we were appointing him long term I think it’s a chance to appoint a DoF to oversee recruitment, the academy, sports science, data analysis etc so there’s a coherent plan.

ps Gary MacAllister is with Gerrard at Rangers.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 12:57 - Feb 20 with 628 viewsbackwaywhen

Stick him in with Klug until end of season .... great experience and with a man that also knows the club inside out .
Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 13:05 - Feb 20 with 609 viewsBluefish

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 12:45 - Feb 20 by FPL_Tractor

Whilst not my first choice I’d definitely support Dyer as a choice and would be tempted to give him a few games anyway. It sounds like him and Butcher get on well so there’s some experience there and if we were appointing him long term I think it’s a chance to appoint a DoF to oversee recruitment, the academy, sports science, data analysis etc so there’s a coherent plan.

ps Gary MacAllister is with Gerrard at Rangers.

Gary mac is a great appointment

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 13:20 - Feb 20 with 590 viewsFPL_Tractor

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 13:05 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Gary mac is a great appointment

Yes. If we could find an equivalent, either an experienced coach or a DOF I could see this working.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Kieron Dyer's blue and white army 💙 (n/t) on 13:23 - Feb 20 with 578 viewsLeaky

Well Roony seems to be turning it around at Derby
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024