Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was like watching a Lambert match 21:51 - Mar 16 with 764 viewsreusersfreekicks

when we used to say it's Hurst's fault not Lambert's. Now we move on and run the same dialogue.
New manager or not that was terrible. Surely he can motivate players better than that and see when a style isn't working. Their midfield were all over Dozzell and Skuse
Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 732 viewschrismakin

Once your over that white line. Its down to the players. Individually they were terrible. Its not even about shape or direction is individual decision making. No management speak can change this.

I always say the manager is to blame if he is managing the side he puts together. End of day that's when you should be judged.

We dont know for example what is the mindset of the players. Who is playing for PC. Who is upset Lamberts gone. Who is happy to sit and yet cash for nothing etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:54 - Mar 16 with 720 viewspointofblue

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:53 - Mar 16 by chrismakin

Once your over that white line. Its down to the players. Individually they were terrible. Its not even about shape or direction is individual decision making. No management speak can change this.

I always say the manager is to blame if he is managing the side he puts together. End of day that's when you should be judged.

We dont know for example what is the mindset of the players. Who is playing for PC. Who is upset Lamberts gone. Who is happy to sit and yet cash for nothing etc.

I’m honestly thinking some are sulking over the treatment of Mick - this is the third manager in a row they haven’t turned up for.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:56 - Mar 16 with 704 viewschrismakin

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:54 - Mar 16 by pointofblue

I’m honestly thinking some are sulking over the treatment of Mick - this is the third manager in a row they haven’t turned up for.

Could even be right tbh. No one knows

Chambers as captain for example. Where is the war cry. You never see him blasting off at his team mates on the pitch. For me that's the minimum expected of a captain and also a senior player. I feel he sits on his experience as a right to get selected. You get no passion from him. And I can imagine the dressing room is a very quiet place.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 21:58]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:57 - Mar 16 with 681 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah. It's absolutely about preparedness, shape, instructions, practice, embedded behaviours, motivation. That's why some managers consistently get more from their teams. Yes of course individual errors can then undo the good work, but if you've got a bunch of 11 players relying on their own initiative out there you have a big problem.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:58 - Mar 16 with 671 viewspointofblue

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:56 - Mar 16 by chrismakin

Could even be right tbh. No one knows

Chambers as captain for example. Where is the war cry. You never see him blasting off at his team mates on the pitch. For me that's the minimum expected of a captain and also a senior player. I feel he sits on his experience as a right to get selected. You get no passion from him. And I can imagine the dressing room is a very quiet place.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 21:58]

That is a serious point - we have no leaders on the pitch, no fighters. Downes and Norwood are the closest we’ve got so, when they’re missing, the intensity goes with him.

It’s going to be a very long six weeks.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:58 - Mar 16 with 661 viewsLeoMuff

Disagree, that formation does not work with the players we have, the result is completely over run midfield, and nothing created at all.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Was like watching a Lambert match on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 631 viewschrismakin

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:57 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

Nah. It's absolutely about preparedness, shape, instructions, practice, embedded behaviours, motivation. That's why some managers consistently get more from their teams. Yes of course individual errors can then undo the good work, but if you've got a bunch of 11 players relying on their own initiative out there you have a big problem.

You re not gonna yet shape etc sorted with such little training time so yeah you are relying on individual performances right now. And that's the problem.

Was like watching a Lambert match on 22:02 - Mar 16 with 615 viewschrismakin

Was like watching a Lambert match on 21:58 - Mar 16 by LeoMuff

Disagree, that formation does not work with the players we have, the result is completely over run midfield, and nothing created at all.

But its the same formation we won games with early in season. The same formation we used recently and won 3 out of 4 games with etc.

It's not the formation which is the issue. It's the squad plain and simple

Login to get fewer ads

Was like watching a Lambert match on 22:26 - Mar 16 with 527 viewsBluedanW

Was like watching a Lambert match on 22:02 - Mar 16 by chrismakin

But its the same formation we won games with early in season. The same formation we used recently and won 3 out of 4 games with etc.

It's not the formation which is the issue. It's the squad plain and simple

I hate to.say it but mick mccarthy managed to turn around a set of players he didn't sign at Cardiff pretty quickly and Ipswich somewhat when he was here.
Was like watching a Lambert match on 22:58 - Mar 16 with 462 viewsreusersfreekicks

Was like watching a Lambert match on 22:26 - Mar 16 by BluedanW

I hate to.say it but mick mccarthy managed to turn around a set of players he didn't sign at Cardiff pretty quickly and Ipswich somewhat when he was here.

And we lost 6-0 and 5-0 on his early matches for us. Let the past go
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024