Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what would you do if you're Cook? 22:03 - Mar 16 with 806 viewsTractorCam

4231 is clearly pants with these players, it's been evident throughout the season. Whether it was Lambert or Gill, we looked best when we played 442. So the question is do you hamper your promotion chances and keep playing your system so you know what players can do a job next season, or go back to 442 for this season to give us a better chance before shaking it up next year?

We shouldn't accept "we won't get top 6" bearing in mind Cook has already taken us there. The bottom line is if we don't finish in the top 6 then he's failed this season. You would have to hope he gets enough support to assemble a squad to play his way next year, but for now me personally would like to see him adapt to suit the current squad, as that will give us the best chance.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:07 - Mar 16 with 771 viewsBasuco

Change shape or tactics, or both, when it obviously isn't working would be a good start.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 22:08]
So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:08 - Mar 16 with 748 viewsreusersfreekicks

If the players can't pass or control a ball formation is immaterial
So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:11 - Mar 16 with 733 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

But hasn't Cook taken us into the top 6 by playing 4231?

I actually think the best thing to do is get rid of the majority of the squad at the earliest opportunity. Unfortunately that earliest opportunity is the end of the season.

And sorry, I'm not prepared to call Cook a failure if we fail to reach the play offs. The players on the other hand ...

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:12 - Mar 16 with 714 viewsMrTown

The players will let him down regardless of formation.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:13 - Mar 16 with 703 viewsRadlett_blue

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:11 - Mar 16 by You_Bloo_Right

I actually think the best thing to do is get rid of the majority of the squad at the earliest opportunity. Unfortunately that earliest opportunity is the end of the season.

And sorry, I'm not prepared to call Cook a failure if we fail to reach the play offs. The players on the other hand ...

Under Cook's management, Town have gained 4 points from 4 games. I don't think this is entirely his fault, but the idea that "Cook has taken us into the top 6" is preposterous. We got there by winning 3 scruffy games in a row under Lambert/Gill.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:14 - Mar 16 with 692 viewsTractorCam

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:11 - Mar 16 by You_Bloo_Right

You raise a good point, although that was helped by us using our games in hand on Portsmouth. I'm loving Cook's enthusiasm and charisma but there is definitely enough in this team to get top 6, mainly helped by the poorness of the league.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:14 - Mar 16 with 690 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:13 - Mar 16 by Radlett_blue

Under Cook's management, Town have gained 4 points from 4 games. I don't think this is entirely his fault, but the idea that "Cook has taken us into the top 6" is preposterous. We got there by winning 3 scruffy games in a row under Lambert/Gill.

It was in reply to this in the OP:

"We shouldn't accept "we won't get top 6" bearing in mind Cook has already taken us there."

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:20 - Mar 16 with 654 viewsFtnfwest

I think he’s trained the f**k out of them and is discovering how unfit and unmotivated they are in general. As well as not good enough
Login to get fewer ads

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:21 - Mar 16 with 641 viewsKeno

Resign on the grounds I came here expecting a take over

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:23 - Mar 16 with 621 viewsStokieBlue

He could tweak his formation a bit to something like 4132 with Norwood and Jackson up top but I suspect he will continue as is and try and work with the players.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:23 - Mar 16 with 611 viewsBigeze

If I was PC after that performance, I’d wouldn’t be hovering over the transfermarkt bookmark
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 22:26]
So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:24 - Mar 16 with 605 viewsDerryfromBury

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:21 - Mar 16 by Keno

Resign on the grounds I came here expecting a take over

Trade description act, what he was sold at his interview with ME are not fit for purpose.
So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:26 - Mar 16 with 579 viewsPJH

So what would you do if you're Cook? on 22:07 - Mar 16 by Basuco

Change shape or tactics, or both, when it obviously isn't working would be a good start.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 22:08]

That would be a sensible idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024