Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People on bikes (with or without headphones) 13:41 - Mar 27 with 546 viewsFixed_It

When I get my dogs to come to me and sit patiently whilst you ride past, it is polite to acknowledge the fact and maybe even say 'Thank you'. Some of you are also ignorant fvckwits.

I think that is it for the day - let's hope the football doesn't also annoy me...
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 13:43]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

People on bikes (with or without headphones) on 13:54 - Mar 27 with 485 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep. I'm no cyclist, but a few people on two legs could do with acknowledging when people do things to make life easier when they pass too.

In fact everyone could do with thanking a few extra people from time to time

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

People on bikes (with or without headphones) on 13:59 - Mar 27 with 460 viewsGeoffSentence

I wonder if this is a location thing. Here in the heart of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle, just about every body seems to be polite on the roads. Walkers step aside on narrow lanes to make it easier for cars to go past, drivers thank them for it, cyclists general thank people who like you, make way, and most car drivers are considerate to other people too.

As usual there are exceptions, but as a rule the lanes around here are a paradise of politeness and co-operation.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

People on bikes (with or without headphones) on 14:10 - Mar 27 with 435 viewsbluelagos

People on bikes (with or without headphones) on 13:59 - Mar 27 by GeoffSentence

I wonder if this is a location thing. Here in the heart of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle, just about every body seems to be polite on the roads. Walkers step aside on narrow lanes to make it easier for cars to go past, drivers thank them for it, cyclists general thank people who like you, make way, and most car drivers are considerate to other people too.

As usual there are exceptions, but as a rule the lanes around here are a paradise of politeness and co-operation.

Yep, 95% of road users are as good as gold round these parts.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 14:36]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

People on bikes (with or without headphones) on 14:47 - Mar 27 with 387 viewsfactual_blue

If I'm driving and a driver doesn't thank me for giving way, I thank them with an exaggerated 'thank you' gesture.

Perhaps extend this to the instances when you're a pedestrian.

We've found politeness has gone up several notches though in lockdown. People are much more friendly.

Shame if it all ends.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024