Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get behind the team! 13:40 - Apr 1 with 830 viewsTractorFrog

Come on everyone, let's get behind the team for these final ten matches. Since Cook replaced Lambert, the shift of criticism has switched from the manager to the players, and this negativity can't be helping them. Paul Cook is an excellent manager and will do the best thing for the club in the Summer, whether that means clearing out the whole team or keeping the exact same team for next year. But the reaction of the fans to the players for these ten games will not make a difference to his decision. This is clear because he just said that he thinks all the fans are behind the players, which means he doesn't read the comments of the fans, and this is a good thing. But maybe the players do. These last ten games might be the final ten for many of these players, so let's all just give them the maximum support and see if that transforms them into better players. If it works, then we might get in the playoffs, and many of the players will have improved to the point that they can stay on next year. If not, Cook will not give them new contracts, and there will be no harm done.

COYB!

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Get behind the team! on 13:42 - Apr 1 with 808 viewsIllinoisblue

I will be sure to shout extra loud when I log into iFollow

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Get behind the team! on 13:47 - Apr 1 with 797 viewsTractorFrog

Get behind the team! on 13:42 - Apr 1 by Illinoisblue

I will be sure to shout extra loud when I log into iFollow

I meant that I think fans should write positive comments on this site in case the players are reading it, and don't troll them on twitter after the matches; send them positive messages instead.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 13:57]

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!

Get behind the team! on 13:49 - Apr 1 with 784 viewschrismakin

Get behind the team! on 13:47 - Apr 1 by TractorFrog

I meant that I think fans should write positive comments on this site in case the players are reading it, and don't troll them on twitter after the matches; send them positive messages instead.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 13:57]

Perhaps they could do something to warrant positivity

The manager left. It's still sht to that leaves the players left to blame.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Get behind the team! on 13:57 - Apr 1 with 778 viewsTractorFrog

Get behind the team! on 13:49 - Apr 1 by chrismakin

Perhaps they could do something to warrant positivity

The manager left. It's still sht to that leaves the players left to blame.

But there's no downside in being positive, and no upside in being negative. I understand if you think they haven't done enough to deserve positive messages, but I at least think everyone should try not to be so negative. If you can't be positive, be neutral.

Get behind the team! on 14:20 - Apr 1 with 755 viewshomer_123

Get behind the team! on 13:57 - Apr 1 by TractorFrog

But there's no downside in being positive, and no upside in being negative. I understand if you think they haven't done enough to deserve positive messages, but I at least think everyone should try not to be so negative. If you can't be positive, be neutral.

Or maybe, be constructive?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Get behind the team! on 14:35 - Apr 1 with 739 viewsRadlett_blue

Get behind the team! on 14:20 - Apr 1 by homer_123

It's near irrelevant if people on a message board are positive or negative while there are no fans at the games. I'm sure the players don't look at TWTD unless they are very thick skinned. Popular social media such as Twitter, rather different, especially where players have their own accounts.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Get behind the team! on 15:51 - Apr 1 with 718 viewsTractorFrog

Get behind the team! on 14:20 - Apr 1 by homer_123

Be constructive, really? Do you think the players find it helpful when random fans tell them on twitter what areas of their game they should improve? Of course they don't. I'm sure they find it annoying and patronising, as it suggests that the fan thinks they know more about football than the player himself. And anyway, it's not as though the comments are constructive; it's normally, 'X is so terrible I hope he never plays for us again.' That is definitely not constructive. I think the best way to improve these players as a fan is to write encouraging things about them to build their confidence. Being constructive is the job of managers and coaches; it is not the job of the fans. Just be positive, for ten matches. In this situation, nothing can be achieved by being negative.

Get behind the team! on 15:52 - Apr 1 with 712 viewsTractorFrog

Get behind the team! on 14:35 - Apr 1 by Radlett_blue

It's near irrelevant if people on a message board are positive or negative while there are no fans at the games. I'm sure the players don't look at TWTD unless they are very thick skinned. Popular social media such as Twitter, rather different, especially where players have their own accounts.

I know it is very unlikely that players read TWTD, but it is not impossible. And there is a lot of trolling on twitter as well, which I'm sure the players do read.

Login to get fewer ads

Get behind the team! on 16:40 - Apr 1 with 699 viewsPositivelyPortman

Get behind the team! on 13:57 - Apr 1 by TractorFrog

Are you 13 years old and still going to Sunday school?
If we win a match we’re happy, if we lose a match then we’re going to moan and point out the weak links.
We wouldn’t mind so much if the team at least showed some determination and guts.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Get behind the team! on 16:47 - Apr 1 with 692 viewschrismakin

Get behind the team! on 15:51 - Apr 1 by TractorFrog

Be constructive, really? Do you think the players find it helpful when random fans tell them on twitter what areas of their game they should improve? Of course they don't. I'm sure they find it annoying and patronising, as it suggests that the fan thinks they know more about football than the player himself. And anyway, it's not as though the comments are constructive; it's normally, 'X is so terrible I hope he never plays for us again.' That is definitely not constructive. I think the best way to improve these players as a fan is to write encouraging things about them to build their confidence. Being constructive is the job of managers and coaches; it is not the job of the fans. Just be positive, for ten matches. In this situation, nothing can be achieved by being negative.

I don't think a genuine town fan would use social media to post abuse,

You see the occasional 'joke' used, but when it crosses a line, it doesn't tend to be a genuine fan

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Get behind the team! on 16:48 - Apr 1 with 688 viewsEwan_Oozami

You're not Frank are you?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024