Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is signing in really such a hardship? 23:33 - Apr 1 with 4160 viewsCoastalblue

People seem to be getting really upset about giving their details over in order to go to the pub, but is it really such a big deal in the current situation?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56608632

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 11:50 - Apr 2 with 345 viewsjeera

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 11:40 - Apr 2 by Leaky

Having a tradesman in your house are you going to ask for proof of vaccination. Its the same as you entering a pub or restaurant.

It's not the same thing at all.

Why are people so desperate to keep making up thee false comparisons?

How can anyone honestly not be able to tell the difference?

It's not possible.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 11:52 - Apr 2 with 341 viewseireblue

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 11:42 - Apr 2 by Parky

I don’t agree with that, chances are you’re never going to find out where said person caught COVID, if you’re going to start forcing people to isolate even though they’ve been nowhere near this person, you might as well have another lockdown, if he/she has been to the supermarket that week is everybody that’s been to the supermarket got to self isolate too?

This would be a lot easier if there was a working Track and Trace or whatever it’s called, but there isn’t, unfortunately.

That’s the point, you don’t know where, so you act with what you do know.

Effective Track and Trace also requires individuals to work with the system, not against it.

Countries and citizens that used track and trace properly have less lockdowns.
Is signing in really such a hardship? on 12:05 - Apr 2 with 333 viewsParky

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 11:52 - Apr 2 by eireblue

That’s the point, you don’t know where, so you act with what you do know.

Effective Track and Trace also requires individuals to work with the system, not against it.

Countries and citizens that used track and trace properly have less lockdowns.

I agree with your principal, but with the Track and Trace how it is, you might as well have another lockdown.

My point about if said person went into a supermarket that week, would everybody that went into that supermarket that week have to self isolate? We know the answer to that. If you’re asking somebody to self isolate when they’ve not been anywhere near the person, there would need to be better financial support.
Is signing in really such a hardship? on 12:30 - Apr 2 with 301 viewsfactual_blue

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 11:40 - Apr 2 by Leaky

Having a tradesman in your house are you going to ask for proof of vaccination. Its the same as you entering a pub or restaurant.

'Having a tradesman in your house are you going to ask for proof of vaccination?'

Yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 13:38 - Apr 2 with 275 viewsGaryCooper

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 08:24 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

I think this might say more about the establishments you decided to attend.

In London, every place wanted to see a confirmed sign-in on the NHS app before you were even allowed in the door. Same for a lot of restaurants.

SB

Every place? No way.
Is signing in really such a hardship? on 13:52 - Apr 2 with 263 viewseireblue

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 12:05 - Apr 2 by Parky

I agree with your principal, but with the Track and Trace how it is, you might as well have another lockdown.

My point about if said person went into a supermarket that week, would everybody that went into that supermarket that week have to self isolate? We know the answer to that. If you’re asking somebody to self isolate when they’ve not been anywhere near the person, there would need to be better financial support.

That would have to be based on science.

Supermarkets are very different from pubs. And a week would be two long a time interval.

There was staff that had Covid in a Supermarket that I used during lockdown.
I decided to stay home for 10 days.

I am lucky enough to be able to do that. But you are correct, the Government should be supporting people financially and with services that have to isolate.
Is signing in really such a hardship? on 14:26 - Apr 2 with 230 viewsStokieBlue

Is signing in really such a hardship? on 13:38 - Apr 2 by GaryCooper

Every place? No way.

I agree, every place was too strong.

Certainly a good number of places centrally, perhaps not further out.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024