Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rule of 6 22:04 - Apr 3 with 1041 viewsCBBlue

Sorry for a covid rules post but could someone tell me whether you're still meant to socially distance when meeting up with 5 others? I keep seeing photos on facebook of groups in huddles and thinking surely they wouldn't be posting it all over facebook if they were breaking the rules would they?

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Rule of 6 on 22:15 - Apr 3 with 1000 viewsFreddies_Ears

Yes, you are supposed to keep a social distance of 2m.
Rule of 6 on 00:52 - Apr 4 with 898 viewsbournemouthblue

Rule of 6 on 22:15 - Apr 3 by Freddies_Ears

Yes, you are supposed to keep a social distance of 2m.

But then again, this is where trusting people to use their common sense is always the mistake

It's totally unenforceable but ultimately if you're outside and in a well ventilated area as a result, the risks are lower certainly

I was working in conditions earlier in the year which were highly conducive to CoVid spread, in fact our company was name checked in a BBC News article

I was told by team leaders we had quite a high incidence of cases too but the work force was young so most just isolated for however long and were back. We have had one death which is sad but the majority of the workforce are young, it's more the risk of colleagues incubating and spreading it into the community which was the worry

Much of the staff are working from home now so they have slowly adapted but there were some measures that were done way after the horse had bolted in my opinion
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 0:55]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Rule of 6 on 07:58 - Apr 4 with 744 viewsfactual_blue

You're making the mistake of thinking people who post pictures of themselves on faceache are sensible.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rule of 6 on 08:18 - Apr 4 with 715 viewsStokieBlue

You are supposed to remain distanced but outside the risk of transmission is greatly reduced so in the majority of cases it should be OK. That doesn't mean it's fine to break the rules of course.

For instance, having large gatherings inside without distancing and masks like this church is far worse:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/03/police-break-up-good-friday-chur

To then come out with a statement like this in order to try and feed into anti-Met feeling and distract from their clear rule breaking is pretty awful:

"We believe, however, that the police brutally exceeded their powers by issuing their warrant for no good reason."

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rule of 6 on 08:52 - Apr 4 with 657 viewsCBBlue

Rule of 6 on 07:58 - Apr 4 by factual_blue

You're making the mistake of thinking people who post pictures of themselves on faceache are sensible.

Yes but didn't you know, if you don't constantly post photos of you having fun etc then it didn't happen

This particular photo really annoyed me, 6 of them all living/working in different places and one of them has a child in the same class as mine. There are parents in that class who are CEV including my other half. I suppose many others are doing it too but probably smart enough not to advertise it to thousands on social media.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024