Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're 4 points away from 4th place 18:15 - Apr 10 with 707 viewsTractorCam

This has to be the worst league in football.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:17 - Apr 10 with 691 viewsCheltenham_Blue

And yet we can't manage to get any closer to it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:18 - Apr 10 with 678 viewsWD19

I am guessing League 2 isn’t much better.....
We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:18 - Apr 10 with 672 viewsTractorCam

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:17 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

If we were in the championship I doubt we would even have 10 points.

Awful, awful league.

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:25 - Apr 10 with 613 viewsdominiciawful

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:18 - Apr 10 by TractorCam

If we were in the championship I doubt we would even have 10 points.

Awful, awful league.

Wycombe have already amassed more wins and points than we did in our relegation season. Embarrassing.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:29 - Apr 10 with 574 viewsDeano69

And yet we are struggling to even get shots on target against some really poor teams.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:32 - Apr 10 with 552 viewsTractorCam

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:29 - Apr 10 by Deano69

And yet we are struggling to even get shots on target against some really poor teams.

Exactly, in terms of performance levels we're easily one of the worst. It just so happens teams like Northampton and Swindon, who both outplayed us at PR, can't defend.

In this case, the league table definitely lies.

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 19:06 - Apr 10 with 479 viewshomer_123

That performance should not come as a surprise. by homer_123 10 Apr 2021 17:15
Abject is an appropriate way to describe it.

No new manager bounce, no new owners bounce.

Devoid of confidence and ability.

For whatever reason, this team is, at best, going through the motions. It matters not that Downes, Dozzell, Nydam have potential....their confidence is shot. There is little for them to play to.

Cook hasn't been able to motivate even a modicum of anything extra out of this group. I'm struggling to see any real difference between now and 10 weeks ago.

In fact, there is a strong argument to say we are actually worse. Up front we've dried up completely. Thankfully we aren't playing anyone decent because if we were we'd be torn apart.

I know we need to give Cook the summer etc. but the worry for me here is that Cooks attempt at getting in the play offs looks awfully similar to Lamberts attempt at keeping us in the Championship.

I cannot believe Cook was brought in merely for 'next season'. We are missing out on the chance of promotion. Next season may not be better...we cannot assume we will have a better chance next year....yet looking at those two last performances we don't look like they care and Cook appears unable to galvanise them.

What a thoroughly depressing performance given the new owners coming in.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 19:09 - Apr 10 with 469 viewsTieDyedIn95

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 18:17 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Hey for the likes of Shrewsbury, Accrington, Grimsby, and the other clubs we recruited from we're in a good position.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 19:16 - Apr 10 with 439 viewsChrisd

We might as well be 14 points behind Portsmouth, we aren't closing the gap through 0-0 draws or the inability to score goals consistently. This makes it even worse because it gives the impression we are still very much in with a shout, but in reality we aren't making 6th, let alone 4th especially how our team is currently playing. I can see Charlton finishing in there at Lincoln's expense.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 20:17 - Apr 10 with 368 viewsTractorCam

We're 4 points away from 4th place on 19:16 - Apr 10 by Chrisd

We might as well be 14 points behind Portsmouth, we aren't closing the gap through 0-0 draws or the inability to score goals consistently. This makes it even worse because it gives the impression we are still very much in with a shout, but in reality we aren't making 6th, let alone 4th especially how our team is currently playing. I can see Charlton finishing in there at Lincoln's expense.

It's impossible to call as everyone just keeps slipping up. All for nothing really, whichever teams come 3rd should blow the competition away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024