Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why can't we actually put in a challenge? 19:31 - Apr 14 with 884 viewscbower

For ages now, we manage to force quite a few corners and free kicks in decent areas but we rarely look like scoring from them. Yes, in the death throes of Lambert we scored a few scruffy ones but nobody seems to have the real desire to get on the end of things. Compare this with Wimbledon last night. When was the last thumping header we have had like that? Take Nsiala for example. He must have played 50+ games for Town now. Going forward for every set piece, let's say 5 per game, and I don't think he has scored yet. Woolf I think has about 2 career goals and I know Wilson got two a while back but they were a complete surprise. Our only semi consistent threat in this respect has been Chambers to be fair.

We have nobody who looks a genuine and consistent dead ball threat around the area and our corners are cr@p in terms of delivery. We don't get penalties ( 1 all season - and that was missed!) and we rarely score from outside the area.

Service to the front men is appalling and drive from the midfield (Downes aside) is absent and we look like lost boys physically outmuscled and impotent. Technically Bishop and Dozzell are talented but far too many games this season have passed them both by. Doz must have 50+ starts and 30 odd sub games to his name and about 3 career goals (one of them when he was 16 and another in a dead rubber against Leeds as we slid anonymously into L1). Before this season, Bishop had very few goals to his name and so it goes on. Downes too, is not a goal scoring midfielder tbh.

Jackson has no control, Hawkins not prolific, Sears is shot and his time scoring goals is over - he went a lengthy period under Mick with no goals ffs ( yeah, yeah Mick ruined him but he missed so many opportunities from those wide positions it's unbelievable. Bennetts and Parrott have no record at this level, Nolan has consistently flattered to decieve whilst I cannot see Edwards waste any more crossing opportunities even though he has scored his share. Ditto Judge.

Finally I come to Norwood. Our best striker - yes. Gets into positions -- yes. CAN be a complete pest to defenders - yes. Profligate - definitely. Jesus, that was a rambling rant and just couldn't stop. Sorry, just had to get it out.

Please recruit a balanced squad Mr Cook because I have finally had the life sucked out of me after 45 years of following my club.

[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 20:43]

bluescouser

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 19:41 - Apr 14 with 848 viewseireblue

Part of the problem is Paul Cook doesn’t use paragraphs in his player notes.

The lazy feckers can’t be bothered to read past the first line.

So they are just happy to respond to his notes with a below par and dismal response, which does nobody any favours and annoys PC quite a lot I would imagine.
Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 19:55 - Apr 14 with 812 viewsPositivelyPortman

Only 45 years?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:01 - Apr 14 with 805 viewsBiGDonnie

Bruh, I ain't reading that

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:06 - Apr 14 with 801 viewsStNeotsBlue

We haven't had a goal threat from midfield for years. Genuinely struggling to remember our last midfielder who weighed in with double figures in a season, Tommy Miller perhaps.
Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:19 - Apr 14 with 770 viewstextbackup

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:06 - Apr 14 by StNeotsBlue

We haven't had a goal threat from midfield for years. Genuinely struggling to remember our last midfielder who weighed in with double figures in a season, Tommy Miller perhaps.

That’s because stupid things were consistently told to us, like ‘he breaks up play that’s his game, he can’t be expected to get up and scored too’

We’ve just accepted this Sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:38 - Apr 14 with 699 viewsStNeotsBlue

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:19 - Apr 14 by textbackup

That’s because stupid things were consistently told to us, like ‘he breaks up play that’s his game, he can’t be expected to get up and scored too’

Just checked it was actually David Norris in 2010-11. Still too long though.
Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:39 - Apr 14 with 695 viewscbower

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 19:41 - Apr 14 by eireblue

Part of the problem is Paul Cook doesn’t use paragraphs in his player notes.

The lazy feckers can’t be bothered to read past the first line.

So they are just happy to respond to his notes with a below par and dismal response, which does nobody any favours and annoys PC quite a lot I would imagine.

There, some paragraphs to make you happier.

I did apologise and say it was a rant but that is no excuse for the omission of paragraphs. It won't happen again sir!

bluescouser

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 21:57 - Apr 14 with 605 viewsGarv

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 20:19 - Apr 14 by textbackup

He = Skuse.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Why can't we actually put in a challenge? on 22:00 - Apr 14 with 598 viewsGeoffSentence

You missed out Drinan.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024