Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than 20:28 - Apr 14 with 750 viewsunstableblue

The Harrop red

And it was a yellow from a top ref and with VAR red check!!

Yes we were 2 down already, but it was a terrible decision

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 20:30 - Apr 14 with 745 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, a touch academic as it takes us around three days of solid football to score twice, but at the time I thought it was a very over the top red card. Thought the referee made his decision based on the player's sound effects and leap in the air.
That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 20:38 - Apr 14 with 686 viewsZXBlue

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 20:30 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, a touch academic as it takes us around three days of solid football to score twice, but at the time I thought it was a very over the top red card. Thought the referee made his decision based on the player's sound effects and leap in the air.

Was absolutely the reaction, and the player claiming stud marks on his shin, which made no sense.
That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 20:40 - Apr 14 with 670 viewsunstableblue

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 20:30 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

I did note the ‘victim’ sprinting after the ball in the next passage of play.

But I think Cook was with you Phil, in that the game was already lost, given our lack of bite.

Any semblance of confidence will have left the team, cannot see us getting anything at The Valley.

Will not be good to go into the summer with Cook having not got some results and performances, not good at all.

We’re all DOOMED, doomed I tell yee

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 20:45 - Apr 14 with 649 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Did you feel the two or three previous badly mistimed challenges from the same player might also have played a part? The odd thing was that the referee had neither spoken to him nor booked him for any of them.

The radio commentators suggested it might be a red well before the card was shown so I don't think it was completely a surprise decision.

Cook's assessment seemed to suggest he would rather have been sent off than fight to get back in the game or did I misunderstand his comments?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 20:47]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 21:26 - Apr 14 with 517 viewsHerbivore

I've only watched the Harrop challenge once but it didn't look a harsh one imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 22:47 - Apr 14 with 449 viewsBugs

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 21:26 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

I've only watched the Harrop challenge once but it didn't look a harsh one imo.

That was a 80/20 challenge IMO. About 8 times out of ten a ref gives a yellow rather than red card.
That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 22:51 - Apr 14 with 437 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 22:47 - Apr 14 by Bugs

That was a 80/20 challenge IMO. About 8 times out of ten a ref gives a yellow rather than red card.

The other 20 being when said player has already dived into a couple of challenges previously and been lucky not to get a yellow or the ref and/or his assistant has a particularly bad view of it. (Bad in the sense of it looks worse from his angle.)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 22:51 - Apr 14 with 436 viewsZXBlue

That casamero’tackle’ on Milner just now.... is far far worse than on 22:47 - Apr 14 by Bugs

He slid in too late. Was a foul. But he did not clatter him, he slid in front and tripped him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024