Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amongst the out of contract players 09:33 - Apr 15 with 805 viewsBlueNomad

who appears to still be trying? I'm not talking about performance levels and am just thinking about their effort.
Amongst the out of contract players on 09:59 - Apr 15 with 721 viewsBlueNomad

The lack of responses indicates the general feeling is......................no-one.
Amongst the out of contract players on 10:08 - Apr 15 with 694 viewsmonty_radio

Although much vitriol has been poured on the players in recent days, I don't think that "not trying" is really where it's at. Many will have seen their contracts winding down for months with no obvious effort from the club to do anything about it, and have feared the worst, even before the Takeover. It's easier to sit on the sidelines and shout that they're supposed to be playing for their futures than it is to overcome the psychology that those months have built up, especially when so poorly managed and coached that each individual cannot expect much from the surrounding team.

The Takeover and the freedom of purchase they know that brings will have done nothing to help - as Wimbledon perhaps indicated.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:18 - Apr 15 with 658 viewsBlueNomad

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:08 - Apr 15 by monty_radio

Although much vitriol has been poured on the players in recent days, I don't think that "not trying" is really where it's at. Many will have seen their contracts winding down for months with no obvious effort from the club to do anything about it, and have feared the worst, even before the Takeover. It's easier to sit on the sidelines and shout that they're supposed to be playing for their futures than it is to overcome the psychology that those months have built up, especially when so poorly managed and coached that each individual cannot expect much from the surrounding team.

The Takeover and the freedom of purchase they know that brings will have done nothing to help - as Wimbledon perhaps indicated.

Good response. I know that when redundancy hangs over you it is very hard to raise yourself so perhaps I didn't phrase the question that well. I didn't watch the other night, couldn't face what I thought would be the absolute boredom, but the general feeling is that the effort isn't there.
Amongst the out of contract players on 10:21 - Apr 15 with 642 viewsjayessess

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:18 - Apr 15 by BlueNomad

Good response. I know that when redundancy hangs over you it is very hard to raise yourself so perhaps I didn't phrase the question that well. I didn't watch the other night, couldn't face what I thought would be the absolute boredom, but the general feeling is that the effort isn't there.

Football fans always reach for "the players aren't trying hard enough" as their first explanation for everything though. I'd take it with a large pinch of salt.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 630 viewsStokieBlue

Amongst the out of contract players on 09:59 - Apr 15 by BlueNomad

The lack of responses indicates the general feeling is......................no-one.

I think the lack of response is probably because all these questions have been done repeatedly over the last few weeks and the answers haven't changed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:35 - Apr 15 with 588 viewsmonty_radio

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:18 - Apr 15 by BlueNomad

The first time I noticed Judge in the game he was running around very purposefully and sprayed a couple of good passes. Moments later he was off. I imagine he saw a substitution coming as someone stripped off and his energy levels picked up. But as to whether he'd realised until that point that those levels just hadn't been there or was just sucked into the malaise is anybody's guess.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:40 - Apr 15 with 563 viewsWD19

Amongst the out of contract players on 10:35 - Apr 15 by monty_radio

The first time I noticed Judge in the game he was running around very purposefully and sprayed a couple of good passes. Moments later he was off. I imagine he saw a substitution coming as someone stripped off and his energy levels picked up. But as to whether he'd realised until that point that those levels just hadn't been there or was just sucked into the malaise is anybody's guess.

I was thinking about Judge specifically this morning. In hindsight we should have let him got to QPR when he wanted to. He has been dialling it in ever since.

BUT.....if we had let him go then ME would have got unbelievable grief for 'cashing in' on our ticket to promotion - The L1 (loan version) Jimmy Bullard tearing it up (in our heads).

ME would have been the reason we are stuck in L1.

Sometimes you just can't win.
Amongst the out of contract players on 10:43 - Apr 15 with 558 viewsdirtyboy

Well put, playing for careers is bounded around freely, but it's much easier to be part of an organisation/team that has actually made efforts to want you to be there ie; offering a new contract.

I appreciate it's almost a catch 22 situation though, playing for a contract or playing because wanted, each individual will react differently, some need a kick up the backside, some need to be loved, some need a mixture at the right time. That's the difficulty of managment!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024