Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook hammering players 17:46 - Apr 24 with 4783 viewsunstableblue

BUT praising Dobra - well, errrrrr, you put Bennets on instead of him. Who has been miserable.

I agree with Cook that first half was disgusting. Woeful performances across the pitch.

But saying that this was the ‘worst display of any of his teams ever’ - how is that going to help get us a win and a goal.

Which needs to be the laser focus, a small target!! Something small to achieve.

14hours without a goal is not something to take into the summer.

Again I am a Cook fan - but this style is failing.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cook hammering players on 08:56 - Apr 25 with 130 viewsWakh

Cook hammering players on 22:10 - Apr 24 by Vic

I don’t disagree with much of what you say. I’m just surprised PC hasn’t found a way to motivate the players, and disappointed that he’s taken to basically slagging them off.

It's not quite like that.

PC has come in to a squad of 50 players. I suggest this has contributed to the intensity of training - or rather lack of it. You can only walk so many dogs. Reducing the training numbers (it had to be done) lowered the moral of some very early on and it soon became obvious that many would not be staying. That creates a negative environment, assumptions and intervention from others.

That leaves PC in a very difficult situation. He cannot pick the players that will currently do the best job (I would suggest that is why McGuinnes is in there) or ask the players to go forward with any commitment. It's an exceptional situation.

The criticism from PC of the players is frustration towards the loanees and a handful of players who are more concerned about what maybe rather than what is. The stayers will be managed. In fact the outpouring will be part of that.

I haven't been a town fan long. But there are some very good people involved at this club now and these recent games are a reflection of a very positive change.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 9:00]
Cook hammering players on 09:01 - Apr 25 with 120 viewsStokieBlue

I don't understand this post to be honest.

He started Bennetts and he obviously had his own reasons for that, probably with the aim of playing Dobra later on (which is what happened). He's already said that young players often get promoted to the first team too quickly here.

Once Dobra came on he was excellent so he praised that performance. We didn't know he would play that well before the match so digging out a point around not starting him is bizarre.

As a general point and not specifically referring to your post, this board is a very difficult read at the moment when I can even be bothered to come and look. Some of the logic displayed in the posts gives me a headache.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024