Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook hammering players 17:46 - Apr 24 with 4782 viewsunstableblue

BUT praising Dobra - well, errrrrr, you put Bennets on instead of him. Who has been miserable.

I agree with Cook that first half was disgusting. Woeful performances across the pitch.

But saying that this was the ‘worst display of any of his teams ever’ - how is that going to help get us a win and a goal.

Which needs to be the laser focus, a small target!! Something small to achieve.

14hours without a goal is not something to take into the summer.

Again I am a Cook fan - but this style is failing.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cook hammering players on 19:05 - Apr 24 with 1495 viewshaynes_toe1

Cook hammering players on 18:46 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

bit more faith and man management skills

lol, you are superb

Go back and read his after game and pre game comments when he came in, all about raising confidence, mentalities, getting them to relax etc etc

He did that for weeks and weeks and it did nothing, clearly and he see's alot more than you do behind the scenes, there's alot not right with the players more than just 'ability' which makes sense when you've got 90% of them leaving the club. Plus the added fact that their fitness levels are shambolic for this level of football.

"From Cooks point of view though he's going to keep these comments up whilst he fails to do anything positive on the pitch.

Do you finally want to share what you would or expect him to do differently? Bennetss, Dobra, Edwards, Dozzell all had chances today and all blew them, there were simple passes available with KVY overlapping that weren't made etc.. PC can't effect this, that's down the players with the ball at their feet.

Since day one as a self confessed football fan, not ipswich fan, have slated PC, without providing any further analysis other than, " he's been worse"

You have had everything explained to you very very simply, the managers even told you to be ready for the pain as we look at the summer

and to re-iterate again, you said you would give him a year, so why not wait until then to see where we are? otherwise you're not actually given a year are you, you're just going week by week.

I've read enough of your posts to know not to read all of that one.

It'll be some ridiculous praise of Cook without any fundamental understanding of his responsibilities to improve us through tactical changes, motivation, man management, game plans, opposition weakness targeting, all the usual stuff. Hes shown none of it so far irrespective of if the players are all as awful as had been made out.

Interestingly we had a vague 10 minute spell where we moved the ball a bit better today and created some space, certainly better than the dross served up under Cook so far. But he reckons its the worst performance so go figure.
Cook hammering players on 19:16 - Apr 24 with 1468 viewschrismakin

Cook hammering players on 19:05 - Apr 24 by haynes_toe1

I've read enough of your posts to know not to read all of that one.

It'll be some ridiculous praise of Cook without any fundamental understanding of his responsibilities to improve us through tactical changes, motivation, man management, game plans, opposition weakness targeting, all the usual stuff. Hes shown none of it so far irrespective of if the players are all as awful as had been made out.

Interestingly we had a vague 10 minute spell where we moved the ball a bit better today and created some space, certainly better than the dross served up under Cook so far. But he reckons its the worst performance so go figure.

worst first half performance he said, which was spot on. but clearly details not important to you.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook hammering players on 19:35 - Apr 24 with 1451 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I see quite a few people posting stuff like this - slating Cook in every way but then adding "I am a Cook fan" and/or "I don't want him out." I don't understand it. It's like people want to say he's sh!t - so they can say they were right when he eventually loses his job - but want a little get out clause as well, in case he comes good.

The bloke's been in the job what, 6 weeks? There's been no opportunity to change the squad, barely any time to train them in new ways with so many games, and a takeover happening which'll see many of them out on their ears. And people are blaming the new manager?!?

Beggars belief how impatient some of you are. I reckon the second coming of Christ wouldn't be given long by some of you.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Cook hammering players on 19:38 - Apr 24 with 1438 viewshaynes_toe1

Cook hammering players on 19:35 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

I see quite a few people posting stuff like this - slating Cook in every way but then adding "I am a Cook fan" and/or "I don't want him out." I don't understand it. It's like people want to say he's sh!t - so they can say they were right when he eventually loses his job - but want a little get out clause as well, in case he comes good.

The bloke's been in the job what, 6 weeks? There's been no opportunity to change the squad, barely any time to train them in new ways with so many games, and a takeover happening which'll see many of them out on their ears. And people are blaming the new manager?!?

Beggars belief how impatient some of you are. I reckon the second coming of Christ wouldn't be given long by some of you.

I think people are saying Cook isn't totally blameless. We can see the players themselves have been poor but that we've been worse than under Lambert is at least partially Cooks fault and acknowledged as such by himself.

There isn't one thing Cook has done since coming in that I rate, personally. So if he goes and builds a title winning side next season he will have thoroughly proven me wrong- no get out clause from me.
Cook hammering players on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 1425 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook hammering players on 18:22 - Apr 24 by Churchman

You are right. However, it’s no good confusing the narrative by throwing in the truth. You are meant to use at least one of the following:
1 - Players thrown under the bus
2 - Lost the dressing room
3 - Can’t get a tune out of these players (ghastly phrase)
4 - 2 points from the playoffs when he turned up
5 - I don’t want Cook out but....
6 - We were on a great run before Cook arrived .... (three scraped wins, one against 10 men, following a couple of 0-0 draws, one against mighty Northampton)
7 - Worse than Lambert.
8 - Useless without Richardson
9 - Best squad in League One
10 - Doesn’t take responsibility
11 - No free hit (whatever that is)
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:34]

This, this and a hundred times this. I'm so glad there are a few sensible posters on here.

Cook hammering players on 20:51 - Apr 24 with 1379 viewsVic

I’m really pleas3d we got Cookie, and There’s no way he should be sacked.

But I’m surprised and disappointed at both his inability to get something out of this team - heck, even Lambert managed to do that. And I’m equality disappointed at the way he’s completely thrown the players under the bus, despite insisting he would do it. I don’t like it one bit and hope it all stops very soon. It’s not big, it’s not clever and it’s achieving nothing.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Cook hammering players on 20:55 - Apr 24 with 1375 viewschrismakin

Cook hammering players on 20:51 - Apr 24 by Vic

I’m really pleas3d we got Cookie, and There’s no way he should be sacked.

But I’m surprised and disappointed at both his inability to get something out of this team - heck, even Lambert managed to do that. And I’m equality disappointed at the way he’s completely thrown the players under the bus, despite insisting he would do it. I don’t like it one bit and hope it all stops very soon. It’s not big, it’s not clever and it’s achieving nothing.

lambert had the luxury of

" no take over confirmed
didn;t have to tell anyone they weren't being kept on
had Norwood available

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Cook hammering players on 21:03 - Apr 24 with 1357 viewsVic

Cook hammering players on 20:55 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

" no take over confirmed
had Norwood available

Sure, though not sure PL had Norwood available that much.

I just thing it’s rather unprofessional to rubbish the players like he has. Takeover or not, there’s really been no need for him to lambast the players publicly as he has. It just won’t have helped them.

I can only think that there is a reason for it - maybe he’s showing the owners that he will be as ruthless as them. But childish if so. I think he’s better than that so I really don’t know what his reason is.

Login to get fewer ads

Cook hammering players on 21:09 - Apr 24 with 1348 viewsPJH

Cook hammering players on 20:55 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

" no take over confirmed
had Norwood available

Actually Norwood has started a higher percentage of games under Cook than he did before Cook arrived. He has started more than 50% of the games since Cook took over (just) but 30% before Cook got here.
Cook hammering players on 21:15 - Apr 24 with 1341 viewschrismakin

Cook hammering players on 21:09 - Apr 24 by PJH

Actually Norwood has started a higher percentage of games under Cook than he did before Cook arrived. He has started more than 50% of the games since Cook took over (just) but 30% before Cook got here.

Look at the positive results though, a fair % of them included Norwood, especially those '3' wins before Cook came in.

Of all players, like him or not, we miss him.

Cook hammering players on 21:20 - Apr 24 with 1331 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook hammering players on 18:46 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

bit more faith and man management skills

lol, you are superb

Go back and read his after game and pre game comments when he came in, all about raising confidence, mentalities, getting them to relax etc etc

He did that for weeks and weeks and it did nothing, clearly and he see's alot more than you do behind the scenes, there's alot not right with the players more than just 'ability' which makes sense when you've got 90% of them leaving the club. Plus the added fact that their fitness levels are shambolic for this level of football.

"From Cooks point of view though he's going to keep these comments up whilst he fails to do anything positive on the pitch.

Do you finally want to share what you would or expect him to do differently? Bennetss, Dobra, Edwards, Dozzell all had chances today and all blew them, there were simple passes available with KVY overlapping that weren't made etc.. PC can't effect this, that's down the players with the ball at their feet.

Since day one as a self confessed football fan, not ipswich fan, have slated PC, without providing any further analysis other than, " he's been worse"

You have had everything explained to you very very simply, the managers even told you to be ready for the pain as we look at the summer

and to re-iterate again, you said you would give him a year, so why not wait until then to see where we are? otherwise you're not actually given a year are you, you're just going week by week.

He did the same with Lambert right from the start. Haynes just basically slates whoever is manager of ITFC, knowing that 99% of the time he'll be right and will be able to lord it over the internet.

I'm quite the opposite. I back every manager because I know they need time (particularly with this sh!t show) but that does usually mean I end up wrong on here.

I'll stick with my belief that you have to give managers time though (particularly time to get their own players).

Cook hammering players on 21:20 - Apr 24 with 1331 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook hammering players on 21:34 - Apr 24 with 1303 viewsPJH

Cook hammering players on 21:15 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

Look at the positive results though, a fair % of them included Norwood, especially those '3' wins before Cook came in.

Of all players, like him or not, we miss him.

You said in one of your many defences of Cook that Lambert had Norwood available and Cook didn't.

I just pointed out that in fact, Norwood had started a higher percentage of games under Cook than he did before Cook arrived.
Cook hammering players on 21:36 - Apr 24 with 1298 viewsN2_Blue

Cook hammering players on 21:03 - Apr 24 by Vic

Sure, though not sure PL had Norwood available that much.

I just thing it’s rather unprofessional to rubbish the players like he has. Takeover or not, there’s really been no need for him to lambast the players publicly as he has. It just won’t have helped them.

I can only think that there is a reason for it - maybe he’s showing the owners that he will be as ruthless as them. But childish if so. I think he’s better than that so I really don’t know what his reason is.

Just maybe it is because the players have literally given up.

Based on the performances, not even scoring in god knows how long...if that doesn't warrant throwing players under he bus that are going to leave anyway, i don't know what does.

Even if, we had had my wife in the dugout for the last 10 games (who knows nothing about football) i would still expect the the players to have it in themselves at this level to score a goal in 5 or 6 matches against fairly average opposition...certainly at least have the ability to be able to get the occasional shot on target. A professional footballer shouldn't need a coach or manger on the sideline for that

Cook can only actually control so much...i think people forget this. He cannot make the decisions players make, he can only set them up...and he's pretty much tried everything, hence i think he's realised it aint going to work with this group.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cook hammering players on 21:37 - Apr 24 with 1294 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook hammering players on 19:38 - Apr 24 by haynes_toe1

I think people are saying Cook isn't totally blameless. We can see the players themselves have been poor but that we've been worse than under Lambert is at least partially Cooks fault and acknowledged as such by himself.

There isn't one thing Cook has done since coming in that I rate, personally. So if he goes and builds a title winning side next season he will have thoroughly proven me wrong- no get out clause from me.

Not a single person has said Cook is totally blameless. Straw man.

Cook hammering players on 21:49 - Apr 24 with 1268 viewshaynes_toe1

Cook hammering players on 21:37 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not a single person has said Cook is totally blameless. Straw man.

Ask chrismakin.

As for your digs re me calling out Lambert early - well it was obvious to anyone with a football brain so actually, its a bit of a compliment. That you were too much of a lovesick puppy to see it is hardly my fault.
Cook hammering players on 21:52 - Apr 24 with 1263 viewsGeomorph

Cook hammering players on 21:49 - Apr 24 by haynes_toe1

Ask chrismakin.

As for your digs re me calling out Lambert early - well it was obvious to anyone with a football brain so actually, its a bit of a compliment. That you were too much of a lovesick puppy to see it is hardly my fault.

State of this thread it’s fkn embarrassing. Chill out and enjoy the summer lads
Cook hammering players on 22:10 - Apr 24 with 1246 viewsunstableblue

You’ve completely misinterpreted where I’m at and I’m sure others

It’s not about covering arses, or get out clauses! It’s about very genuine and I think valid concerns about the woeful state of affairs we find in our team performances.

We have played lower level teams in our 10 hour goal drought. Downes our best prospect the help next season has been getting steadily worse and looks affected by what is a lost dressing room.

I posted articles from Wigan fan mates about good cook is as a manager, and I find him refreshing. And I know this deep seated fear and lack of expansive football has taken a long to forge and will take longer to expel!!! And cook cannot do it over night.

But I feel strongly that cook HAS to get a win and some goals and a performance out of this team before the season is out!!! It’s a short term, achievable goal, and whilst I agree the first half was diabolical there were small glints once Dobra was introduced - in public focus on that, small things to just get a goal

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cook hammering players on 22:10 - Apr 24 with 1245 viewsVic

Cook hammering players on 21:36 - Apr 24 by N2_Blue

Just maybe it is because the players have literally given up.

Based on the performances, not even scoring in god knows how long...if that doesn't warrant throwing players under he bus that are going to leave anyway, i don't know what does.

Even if, we had had my wife in the dugout for the last 10 games (who knows nothing about football) i would still expect the the players to have it in themselves at this level to score a goal in 5 or 6 matches against fairly average opposition...certainly at least have the ability to be able to get the occasional shot on target. A professional footballer shouldn't need a coach or manger on the sideline for that

Cook can only actually control so much...i think people forget this. He cannot make the decisions players make, he can only set them up...and he's pretty much tried everything, hence i think he's realised it aint going to work with this group.

I don’t disagree with much of what you say. I’m just surprised PC hasn’t found a way to motivate the players, and disappointed that he’s taken to basically slagging them off.

Cook hammering players on 22:46 - Apr 24 with 1206 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook hammering players on 21:49 - Apr 24 by haynes_toe1

Ask chrismakin.

No I back every manager from the start and give them a chance. I even did it with Keane. Because that's what normal people do.

Cook hammering players on 23:00 - Apr 24 with 1169 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook hammering players on 22:10 - Apr 24 by unstableblue

You’ve completely misinterpreted where I’m at and I’m sure others

It’s not about covering arses, or get out clauses! It’s about very genuine and I think valid concerns about the woeful state of affairs we find in our team performances.

We have played lower level teams in our 10 hour goal drought. Downes our best prospect the help next season has been getting steadily worse and looks affected by what is a lost dressing room.

I posted articles from Wigan fan mates about good cook is as a manager, and I find him refreshing. And I know this deep seated fear and lack of expansive football has taken a long to forge and will take longer to expel!!! And cook cannot do it over night.

But I feel strongly that cook HAS to get a win and some goals and a performance out of this team before the season is out!!! It’s a short term, achievable goal, and whilst I agree the first half was diabolical there were small glints once Dobra was introduced - in public focus on that, small things to just get a goal

But bleating your "valid concerns" - what does it achieve? We've played teams I consider lower than us (and come up short) for a long time, long before Cook came in. Your ire with the manager is misplaced. Do we need a revolving door for managers before you realise the issues have been bigger than blaming one man?

"I feel strongly that cook HAS to get a win" - why? To satisfy your ego? What if it's impossible? What if this team (and these circumstances) are too far gone? WHY do you always blame the manager?!

You've said yourself Cook is a great manager, praised by previous clubs. Every manager bar Mick has struggled here for two decades (and Mick really only had us treading water after he saved us). And yet STILL some blame the manager, even when he's only been here 6 weeks. Wake up!

We've sooo needed this takeover. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards now. But it needs time. Stop demanding improvement now. You're not a child and this isn't the sweet aisle.

Cook hammering players on 23:44 - Apr 24 with 1132 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Cook hammering players on 23:00 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

But bleating your "valid concerns" - what does it achieve? We've played teams I consider lower than us (and come up short) for a long time, long before Cook came in. Your ire with the manager is misplaced. Do we need a revolving door for managers before you realise the issues have been bigger than blaming one man?

"I feel strongly that cook HAS to get a win" - why? To satisfy your ego? What if it's impossible? What if this team (and these circumstances) are too far gone? WHY do you always blame the manager?!

You've said yourself Cook is a great manager, praised by previous clubs. Every manager bar Mick has struggled here for two decades (and Mick really only had us treading water after he saved us). And yet STILL some blame the manager, even when he's only been here 6 weeks. Wake up!

We've sooo needed this takeover. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards now. But it needs time. Stop demanding improvement now. You're not a child and this isn't the sweet aisle.

One the one hand you're defending Cook to the hilt and on the other you are lambasting posters for criticising Cook whilst admitting there is a '99% chance' that they are right and Cook will be sacked. It all looks very muddled to me.

It is impossible to reconcile the dramatic change in form since cook arrived without coming to the conclusion that his man-management has a negative impact on the performance of the team.

He's got much more to do to prove he is the right man for the job now, than he did when he took over and that fact must be a shock to every Ipswich supporter... however deep your head is in the sand.
Cook hammering players on 23:45 - Apr 24 with 1131 viewsreusersfreekicks

Cook hammering players on 23:00 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

No need for that last insult imo.
And earlier in the season we were beating teams lower in the league consistently
Cook hammering players on 01:17 - Apr 25 with 1098 viewshaynes_toe1

Cook hammering players on 22:46 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

No I back every manager from the start and give them a chance. I even did it with Keane. Because that's what normal people do.

Don't forget the bit where you continue backing them for 12 months longer than most sensible people who can clearly see its not working.
Cook hammering players on 07:43 - Apr 25 with 1031 viewsMullet

Cook hammering players on 01:17 - Apr 25 by haynes_toe1

Don't forget the bit where you continue backing them for 12 months longer than most sensible people who can clearly see its not working.

Only in some cases

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024