Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So.. we've missed out on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley 16:18 - May 21 with 2087 viewsTieDyedIn95

According to the local press. I think the Sonny Bradley is a bit of a blow as that would have been a real statement of intent by Cook and the new owners, but I just don't think we can compete with Championship clubs on wages. We know a lot of good players won't step down for less money these days, so we'll probably have to recruit smarter from this league if we can't attract people from the Championship.

I just hope the clear out won't bite us in the arse like it did with Keane and Hurst.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 16:27]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:20 - May 21 with 2047 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh good. Anther thread about this directly under the other five.

Not to be a bellend or anything, but it would help discussion if one subject could take place in one thread. That's why many forums merge multiple threads that are on the same subject.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:24 - May 21 with 2009 viewsGeoffSentence

Meh.

He's 29 and had one season at Championship level. Dunno much about his ability but he's hardly the marquee established championship level signing that would set a marker for our intent.

Be more disappointed if we miss out on Connolly TBH.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:26 - May 21 with 1984 viewsTieDyedIn95

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:20 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

Oh good. Anther thread about this directly under the other five.

Not to be a bellend or anything, but it would help discussion if one subject could take place in one thread. That's why many forums merge multiple threads that are on the same subject.

I didn't see it when I posted it, but thanks for the dig. I am sorry I posted about a relevant topic in the football forum and don't conform to your rules of posting.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:28 - May 21 with 1971 viewsitfcjoe

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:24 - May 21 by GeoffSentence

Meh.

He's 29 and had one season at Championship level. Dunno much about his ability but he's hardly the marquee established championship level signing that would set a marker for our intent.

Be more disappointed if we miss out on Connolly TBH.

Bradley has just captained a side for 2 seasons in the Championship and they finished top half, Connolly has dropped further down with each subsequent loan spell over last 3 seasons.......

I liked Connolly when he was here, but we are (reportedly) competing against Fleetwood for him - with Bradley we were up against Hull and Luton by all accounts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:28 - May 21 with 1960 viewsStokieBlue

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:26 - May 21 by TieDyedIn95

I didn't see it when I posted it, but thanks for the dig. I am sorry I posted about a relevant topic in the football forum and don't conform to your rules of posting.

Can you provide some evidence that we have missed out on Rhodes?

People seem to be citing this but I didn't see anything to say we had offered him anything.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So.. we've missed out on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:28 - May 21 with 1964 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, everyone saw that as a real coup if it were to happen - it looked a real statement of intent and setting a marker down.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:36 - May 21 with 1871 viewsGeoffSentence

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:28 - May 21 by itfcjoe

Bradley has just captained a side for 2 seasons in the Championship and they finished top half, Connolly has dropped further down with each subsequent loan spell over last 3 seasons.......

I liked Connolly when he was here, but we are (reportedly) competing against Fleetwood for him - with Bradley we were up against Hull and Luton by all accounts

Connolly is 23 and already played more championship games than Bradley. It is a good point about him dropping further with each loan and I am going on what I saw of him when he was with us, but hopefully it is just how thngs have fallen and not that he is getting worse.

Anyway, this being the banter era, we will probably accidentally end up with the other Callum Connolly.

So.. we've missed out on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:40 - May 21 with 1822 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So.. we've missed out on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:28 - May 21 by itfcjoe

Yep, everyone saw that as a real coup if it were to happen - it looked a real statement of intent and setting a marker down.

Im sure they'll be more, hopefully a sign of the type of market we are fishing in
Login to get fewer ads

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:42 - May 21 with 1794 viewsSpruceMoose

So.. we've missed our on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 16:26 - May 21 by TieDyedIn95

It wasn't a dig. It was merely a good housekeeping reminder. There's no point in splitting conversation on one subject over multiple threads. it makes everything disjointed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So.. we've missed out on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 20:01 - May 21 with 1428 viewsOldboy

Don't know if we actually offered anything to either of them, but if we did and they chose not to come here, then I am glad that they turned us down. Only players who want to play for ITFC need apply.
So.. we've missed out on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 20:22 - May 21 with 1306 viewsGeoffSentence

So.. we've missed out on Rhodes and Sonny Bradley on 20:01 - May 21 by Oldboy

Don't know if we actually offered anything to either of them, but if we did and they chose not to come here, then I am glad that they turned us down. Only players who want to play for ITFC need apply.

thats a bit of a circular argument, if they dont sign then you didnt want them here because they didnt want to sign,,,,,,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024