Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket 08:42 - Jun 2 with 1004 viewsIpswichKnight

Test match starts today at Lords. A very inexperience England side will play NZ. 4th choice wicket keeper James Bracey will play. Top 7 is quite easy to pick

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Lawrence
Pope
Bracey

The welcome return of the Sun has thrown a bit of a spanner in do we now pick leach. Both Broad and Anderson will play which means picking one from Robinson, Overton, Stone and Wood. I’d go for Stone as think he has the ability to scare batsmen with his pace but think England will be conservative and pick Robinson as he can bat at 8.

Robinson
Leach
Broad
Anderson

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 08:46 - Jun 2 with 981 viewsWeirdFishes

Nice to see Dan Lawrence of Essex in the side again.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 08:48 - Jun 2 with 978 viewsSteve_M

I know, and just look at Lord's this morning:

Best get some work done by 11. There were odd tickets available for Friday when I looked yesterday but, annoyingly, I can't take time off this week.

Yes, probably England will be more inclined to strengthen the batting. Still prone to the odd collapse although, one hopes, less so that on a turning pitch in India.

This is also quite remarkable:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 08:50 - Jun 2 with 968 viewschicoazul

Worried about the top order. Crawley always looks good but finds a way to get out. Think we will either score 400 or 180 all out first innings.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 11:19 - Jun 2 with 899 viewsHighgateBlue

Great to see crowds back at Lord's, and always wonderful to see the test summer start in earnest.

Full marks for those players for whom a Lord's test is more important than the Indian Premier League - the reason why we are having to play our 4th choice keeper, and the reason why Ben Stokes is injured (playing for Rajasthan Royals - keep up - he doesn't play for Rising Pune Supergiant (sic) anymore!), thus cocking up our whole order and meaning that we have no spinner on a pitch that will be dry as a bone in 4 days' time.

I think Robinson is a good pick, but as you say, they're rather forced into picking him at 8 due to the fact that he can bat a little, which is important given the lack of an all rounder (see above).
A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 12:34 - Jun 2 with 870 viewsSteve_M

Definitely NZ's morning so far although Robinson ahs looked good and taken the only wicket:

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 16:43 - Jun 2 with 783 viewsgainsboroughblue

Debut hundred for Conway. Haven't been able to listen yet but looking at the line up, it feels like Wood may be a surplus pick in this heat and we may regret not picking a spinner.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 16:48 - Jun 2 with 775 viewsSteve_M

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 16:43 - Jun 2 by gainsboroughblue

Debut hundred for Conway. Haven't been able to listen yet but looking at the line up, it feels like Wood may be a surplus pick in this heat and we may regret not picking a spinner.

He's played well, NZ have batted well throughout the day really. England have made it a little too easy to score runs at times but haven't been dreadful - that said all got very sloppy in the last few minutes.

Can't see Lord's will spin greatly, there's been loads of rain in London over the last month so the underlying pitch. Would only leave three seamers without Wood which isn't ideal with Broad and Anderson.

Proper Test match cricket anyway.

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 17:29 - Jun 2 with 748 viewsHARRY10

I can't say I know what counties any of this lot play for
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 17:30]
Login to get fewer ads

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 18:01 - Jun 2 with 726 viewsIpswichKnight

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 16:48 - Jun 2 by Steve_M

He's played well, NZ have batted well throughout the day really. England have made it a little too easy to score runs at times but haven't been dreadful - that said all got very sloppy in the last few minutes.

Can't see Lord's will spin greatly, there's been loads of rain in London over the last month so the underlying pitch. Would only leave three seamers without Wood which isn't ideal with Broad and Anderson.

Proper Test match cricket anyway.

I hadn’t seen much of Robinson until today, he looks tidy and bowls to a plan but I think he’s too similar to Broad and Anderson and we’ve starred down some heavy defeats playing 3 right arm medium fast. Broad has now gone nearly 60 overs without a wicket over 5 innings ( ok those included some raving turners! ). Conway looked deeply uncomfortable against fast short pitched stuff but only Wood available for it. Seems a bit strange that Stone looked really good and comfortable against India on turners but gets overlooked here.
A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 19:48 - Jun 2 with 679 viewssolemio

The outstanding quick bowler this season has been Craig Overton. He should have been selected.
A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 19:53 - Jun 2 with 669 viewsKeno

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 19:48 - Jun 2 by solemio

The outstanding quick bowler this season has been Craig Overton. He should have been selected.

excuse my ignorance but want type of bowler is Overton?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A welcome return of crowds to the Cricket on 19:57 - Jun 2 with 664 viewsMelford

It's the best day off this time of year. Get up at half ten, Sports Direct mug of tea and a nice big spliff for breakfast, take the dog for a walk at lunch.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024