Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. 23:51 - Jun 3 with 2130 viewspatrickswell

Saw a picture of Burns and Ashton on Twitter earlier in standard "Welcome to the club" handshake pose and felt strangely emotional about it. It conveyed a sense of "welcome aboard the new adventure" and sense of all in commitment that Ashton mentioned which we haven't seen here in so long. You never saw Evans or Clegg or Milne in any of those types of photos. Even Mick eschewed them with new signings. I like this sense of visibility among the people at the top of the club. I hadn't realised how important it can be simply because we haven't seen any of it for years.
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:24 - Jun 4 with 2014 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not a rocket science ;) New era, new owners and the ambitions to move the club forward. Something we haven't been missing for a substantial number of years.

Had Evans stayed all we would have got would be his annual summer 'statement'.
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:46 - Jun 4 with 1989 viewsBlueBadger

Without wishing to sound like [redacted] and [redacted] can we please, as a fanbase, stop getting excited about what is obviously PR b0llocks? Paul Lambert said similar things FFS, it's just bland media speak. Judge the club on what it's actually doing, rather what it's saying in pressers*

*And in all fairness, the new owners do actually appear to be interested in the 'professional' part of taking us over as a professional football club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:48 - Jun 4 with 1972 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:24 - Jun 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not a rocket science ;) New era, new owners and the ambitions to move the club forward. Something we haven't been missing for a substantial number of years.

Had Evans stayed all we would have got would be his annual summer 'statement'.

...which would have probably sounded quite similar. Albeit without the whole 'lets actually mean what we say' thing that the new owners appear to be doing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:52 - Jun 4 with 1961 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:48 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

...which would have probably sounded quite similar. Albeit without the whole 'lets actually mean what we say' thing that the new owners appear to be doing.

'which would have probably sounded quite similar'.

which number of people would have lapped it up as they had been for many years.

That would have been followed by yet another miserable, dismal season.

Thankfully Evans has gone and League Two is (very, very likely) no longer a danger.
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:58 - Jun 4 with 1940 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:52 - Jun 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

'which would have probably sounded quite similar'.

which number of people would have lapped it up as they had been for many years.

That would have been followed by yet another miserable, dismal season.

Thankfully Evans has gone and League Two is (very, very likely) no longer a danger.

Hopefully.

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:00 - Jun 4 with 1939 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 00:58 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

Hopefully.

I'm a health professional Mach, we assume the worst os gong to happen becaue a) it happens a lt and b) it's nice when you're proved wrong, rather than crushingly souls-destroying.

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:01 - Jun 4 with 1936 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:00 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

I'm a health professional Mach, we assume the worst os gong to happen becaue a) it happens a lt and b) it's nice when you're proved wrong, rather than crushingly souls-destroying.

It's also soul destroying yo be proved right when things DO turn out to be dreadful but hey! You spotted it, right?

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:02 - Jun 4 with 1933 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:01 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

It's also soul destroying yo be proved right when things DO turn out to be dreadful but hey! You spotted it, right?

No, I'm, fine post-covid, this is all totally satirical.

Login to get fewer ads

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:02 - Jun 4 with 1932 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:02 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

No, I'm, fine post-covid, this is all totally satirical.

Can someone send me to bed now?

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:04 - Jun 4 with 1935 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:00 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

'os going' or 'it happens a lt'........lt? what is lt? ......sorry don't understand what you mean, perhaps some English abbrevations which I don't know.

Yep, you perhaps need a bed.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 1:04]
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:08 - Jun 4 with 1916 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:04 - Jun 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

'os going' or 'it happens a lt'........lt? what is lt? ......sorry don't understand what you mean, perhaps some English abbrevations which I don't know.

Yep, you perhaps need a bed.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 1:04]

I might have had a glass of wine, it's fair to say.

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:10 - Jun 4 with 1912 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:08 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

OK understandable.
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:32 - Jun 4 with 1878 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:10 - Jun 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

OK understandable.

We don't agree on a lot Msch, but you're not a bad lad. We could probably manage a pint out.

Also, I really should go to bed.

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:47 - Jun 4 with 1865 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:32 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

We don't agree on a lot Msch, but you're not a bad lad. We could probably manage a pint out.

We could despite hell lot of differences in opinions about both ITFC and other things. Some of mine wouldn't go well with you but this would be my view irrespective of if it's right or wrong.

Have a good night.
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:58 - Jun 4 with 1836 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:47 - Jun 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

We could despite hell lot of differences in opinions about both ITFC and other things. Some of mine wouldn't go well with you but this would be my view irrespective of if it's right or wrong.

Have a good night.

We mostly disagree on George Burley and how rubbish some our players were. I could ddeinftely build a night's drinking on that.

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 02:05 - Jun 4 with 1833 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:58 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

We mostly disagree on George Burley and how rubbish some our players were. I could ddeinftely build a night's drinking on that.

Not only George Burley.

Cole Skuse first and foremost.

This would be some 'debate'.
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 02:13 - Jun 4 with 1823 viewsBlueBadger

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 02:05 - Jun 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not only George Burley.

Cole Skuse first and foremost.

This would be some 'debate'.

It wpud probably involve some showing, the purchase of of Small But Strong Drinks and hugging, I fear.

It would probably end up alright, though.

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 02:18 - Jun 4 with 1820 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 02:13 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

It wpud probably involve some showing, the purchase of of Small But Strong Drinks and hugging, I fear.

You think your views are right.

I think my views are right.

But it's only the views.

It's all about ITFC's good and progress that's what matters. For example I want Dozzell and Bishop to leave the club this summer but if they stay and do well I'll be happy with that.
You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 06:49 - Jun 4 with 1561 viewsCoastalblue

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 02:13 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

I hope the head's not too bad this morning Badger, and pleased you managed to find your bed before the 'I love you Mach' post which seemed imminent.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 07:16 - Jun 4 with 1506 viewsGeoffSentence

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:32 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

This is rapidly progressing towards 'your my besht mate you are'

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 07:43 - Jun 4 with 1411 viewspatrickswell

You don't know what you've been missing till it arrives. on 01:08 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

So had I, which might be what made me susceptible to said “PR b0llOcks”. Doesn’t make it any less true for me though 😀
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 7:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024