Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Azerbaijan GP 15:37 - Jun 6 with 1146 viewsEnigma_Blue

Wow what a race! Gutted for Verstappen but a rare rookie mistake from Hamilton has kind of evened things out in terms of the championship.

Perez so cool under pressure from Hamilton for most of the race and Vettel proving he has still got it with a stunning 2nd place.

Such a contrast to the borefest that is Monaco. More of the same please for the rest of the season.
Azerbaijan GP on 15:53 - Jun 6 with 1087 viewsOldsmoker

Absolutely nuts race.
Can you believe Red Bull advised the Race Stewards to call Red Flag when a procession behind the safety car would have given Perez the win.
It turned out to be a masterstroke as Hamilton would have finished second under a safety car but after the restart he got NUL points because his front brakes failed at the first corner.
F1 boring - not this race.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Azerbaijan GP on 15:55 - Jun 6 with 1075 viewsOldsmoker

And Max scored a point for fastest lap and extended his lead over Lewis in the title race.

Azerbaijan GP on 15:58 - Jun 6 with 1063 viewstazdac

Azerbaijan GP on 15:55 - Jun 6 by Oldsmoker

And Max scored a point for fastest lap and extended his lead over Lewis in the title race.

No he didn’t, you need to finish in the points to get the bonus point :o)
Azerbaijan GP on 16:01 - Jun 6 with 1046 viewsOldsmoker

Azerbaijan GP on 15:58 - Jun 6 by tazdac

But he had the fastest time!
Max can't get a break.

Azerbaijan GP on 16:04 - Jun 6 with 1036 viewsTractorFrog

What a fantastic drive from Vettel; these last two races he has been back to his old self.

'Crazy, crazy, crazy race! Can we race in Baku every week?!' - David Croft (2018)

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Azerbaijan GP on 16:11 - Jun 6 with 1011 viewsOldsmoker

Azerbaijan GP on 16:04 - Jun 6 by TractorFrog

What a fantastic drive from Vettel; these last two races he has been back to his old self.

'Crazy, crazy, crazy race! Can we race in Baku every week?!' - David Croft (2018)

Of course you can race in Baku every week David.
Expect speeding tickets and some jail time though.

Azerbaijan GP on 17:45 - Jun 6 with 925 viewsDBlues

Azerbaijan GP on 15:53 - Jun 6 by Oldsmoker

Absolutely nuts race.
Can you believe Red Bull advised the Race Stewards to call Red Flag when a procession behind the safety car would have given Perez the win.
It turned out to be a masterstroke as Hamilton would have finished second under a safety car but after the restart he got NUL points because his front brakes failed at the first corner.
F1 boring - not this race.

Red Bull may have called for the red flag in part due to Perez's hydraulic issue. Going round at a slower speed and parts overheating may have made it worse compared to normal racing speeds.

Agree it was a good race and nice to see a different podium for a change.
Azerbaijan GP on 17:52 - Jun 6 with 891 viewsChondzoresk

Azerbaijan GP on 15:58 - Jun 6 by tazdac

Correct, almost, although you need to finish top 10 for the extra point
Login to get fewer ads

Azerbaijan GP on 17:52 - Jun 6 with 890 viewsStokieBlue

Azerbaijan GP on 17:45 - Jun 6 by DBlues

Red Bull may have called for the red flag in part due to Perez's hydraulic issue. Going round at a slower speed and parts overheating may have made it worse compared to normal racing speeds.

Agree it was a good race and nice to see a different podium for a change.

They might have also been hoping the race wouldn't restart which would mean that Max would have won as he was leading the last completed lap.

However I think they were likely looking out for the other drivers, another tyre could have easily gone.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Azerbaijan GP on 17:56 - Jun 6 with 876 viewsNickITFC

Fantastic race. If only there were more Baku quality circuits and less Monaco!
Azerbaijan GP on 18:00 - Jun 6 with 855 viewsOldsmoker

Azerbaijan GP on 17:52 - Jun 6 by StokieBlue

They might have also been hoping the race wouldn't restart which would mean that Max would have won as he was leading the last completed lap.

However I think they were likely looking out for the other drivers, another tyre could have easily gone.

SB

I make you right.
A communication from Red Bull to Race Control said they had no prior indication from their telemetry of the tyre blow on Max's car.

Azerbaijan GP on 18:24 - Jun 6 with 820 viewsDBlues

Azerbaijan GP on 18:00 - Jun 6 by Oldsmoker

I make you right.
A communication from Red Bull to Race Control said they had no prior indication from their telemetry of the tyre blow on Max's car.

Yes they said that to Race Control and that is true.
It was likely tire failure that happened on both car going at full speed and load on the tire compared to it being debris.

Under a safety car the tires are going to be under less load and less likely for that to happen so while there was the main concern for safety there is also the underlying agendas of F1 teams. Like the other Race Control message McLaren made complaining about Tsunoda not slowing down when no one else did either.
Azerbaijan GP on 18:27 - Jun 6 with 814 viewsTrequartista

Pirelli are speculating that it was debris causing the tyre failures. Surely if the car was going in a straight line at the time, as it was on both Stroll and Verstappen crashes, the front tyre would have hit the debris first?

What a race though - complete contrast to Monaco even though they are both street circuits.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 18:28]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024