Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee 20:44 - Jun 6 with 2286 viewsUppa_Towen

I met Ant Middleton in town earlier. Nice guy. Turns out he was there to help promote a charity coffee shop (The Coffee Cell) near the library on Northgate Street. Good place to buy your coffee and anyone is welcome to seek mental health support there too.

A bloke called Nigel Seaman helped to set the place up and apparently he does a lot to support veterans and ex-offenders who are looking for a second chance etc.

I got talking to the people outside and mentioned that I’d read a story in the local paper about a disabled veteran who’s specially adapted bungalow had been damaged by a fire. To make matters worse, he then realised his insurance had lapsed so he wasn’t covered.
As he’d done so much to help others, a friend of his set up a funding page to raise money for the repairs.

I’d forgotten some of the details from the article so what I didn’t realise was that the bloke who was telling me about the coffee shop was Nigel, the house fire victim! As I was recalling the story and asking if they’d heard about it, he said “well let me shake your hand because that’s me” and pointed to his prosthetic leg which I hadn’t noticed! 🤣

Top bloke. It would be great if the Town support could spare a donation to help him. Links to the articles about the coffee shop and the fire can be viewed below, along with the donation page if anyone’s interested:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-nigel-seaman?utm_campaign=p_cp_url&utm_mediu

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/business/new-combat2coffee-shop-in-ipswich-6915224

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/fundraiser-for-nigel-seaman-after-ipswich-hom

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 20:51 - Jun 6 with 2215 viewsElderGrizzly

Ant Middelton - ‘Top Bloke’

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/film-and-tv/ant-middleton-why-was-the-

Great to see him helping a very worthy charity, but Top Bloke is stretching it
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 21:02 - Jun 6 with 2113 viewsUppa_Towen

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 20:51 - Jun 6 by ElderGrizzly

Ant Middelton - ‘Top Bloke’

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/film-and-tv/ant-middleton-why-was-the-

Great to see him helping a very worthy charity, but Top Bloke is stretching it

Maybe. The point of my post was to draw attention to the local charity and Nigel Seaman so it’d be better if you focussed on that please. I don’t know Ant Middleton personally but he was fine with me earlier and his presence in Ipswich led to me randomly finding out about the shop. I’m guessing you don’t know him either by the way.
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 21:05 - Jun 6 with 2082 viewsElderGrizzly

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 21:02 - Jun 6 by Uppa_Towen

Maybe. The point of my post was to draw attention to the local charity and Nigel Seaman so it’d be better if you focussed on that please. I don’t know Ant Middleton personally but he was fine with me earlier and his presence in Ipswich led to me randomly finding out about the shop. I’m guessing you don’t know him either by the way.

I only know him from racist tweets and being a self-publicised Covid denier.

Absolutely, the charity is a very worthwhile cause and never said otherwise. Sorry
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 21:07 - Jun 6 with 2071 viewsUppa_Towen

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 21:02 - Jun 6 by Uppa_Towen

Oh and just realised, when I wrote “top bloke”, I was actually referring to Nigel. Not Ant. I described Ant as a “nice guy” which is how he came across. But never mind.
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 00:16 - Jun 7 with 1770 viewsIllinoisblue

I was at 6th Form with Nigel. Top bloke.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 07:29 - Jun 7 with 1554 viewsitfc_bucks

Ant Middleton is many things. "Top bloke" is simply not one of them.
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 08:16 - Jun 7 with 1484 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 07:29 - Jun 7 by itfc_bucks

Oh be quiet.

RIP Sir Bobby

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 09:40 - Jun 7 with 1383 viewsUppa_Towen

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 07:29 - Jun 7 by itfc_bucks

This is getting boring now. You’ve shown your ignorance by not reading the original post properly or the subsequent clarification in the response to another poster who’d got it wrong too. If you’re going to bother criticising a charity related post, at least be accurate. 🙄 To be clear, 1) I referred to Nigel as a “top bloke”, not Ant, so please pay attention before commenting. 2) Your opinion on Ant Middleton isn’t relevant.
Login to get fewer ads

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 11:22 - Jun 7 with 1292 viewsBowls1e

Know Nige he’s a good bloke who served with the Royal Anglians & has also worked as a Firefighter for Suffolk Fire & Rescue.

C2C & Nige now go in to Prisons training Prisoners how to Barista with the aim of getting them in to employment on release.

Recently had his foot amputated so the last thing the poor fella needs.

Thanks for bringing the subject up.
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 11:25 - Jun 7 with 1285 viewshype313

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 11:22 - Jun 7 by Bowls1e

Know Nige he’s a good bloke who served with the Royal Anglians & has also worked as a Firefighter for Suffolk Fire & Rescue.

C2C & Nige now go in to Prisons training Prisoners how to Barista with the aim of getting them in to employment on release.

Played Rugby with Spunky at YM for a number of years, top bloke, got a lot of respect for him after what he has been through, even though he was a nightmare of a team mate to play with!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 12:15 - Jun 7 with 1224 viewsBowls1e

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 11:25 - Jun 7 by hype313

Played Rugby with Spunky at YM for a number of years, top bloke, got a lot of respect for him after what he has been through, even though he was a nightmare of a team mate to play with!

Yeah definitely been through a lot poor fella. I can imagine at scrum time. He’s a liability to drink with as well.
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 12:21 - Jun 7 with 1205 viewsUppa_Towen

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 11:22 - Jun 7 by Bowls1e

Yesterday he said the embarrassing thing was that it was his old crew that turned up to the fire shout!
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 12:35 - Jun 7 with 1185 viewsBowls1e

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 12:21 - Jun 7 by Uppa_Towen

Yesterday he said the embarrassing thing was that it was his old crew that turned up to the fire shout!

Ha ha brilliant. As a Firefighter myself I could imagine the shame the poor old boy was feeling as the BA sets went on.
Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 13:01 - Jun 7 with 1149 viewsitfc_bucks

Ant Middleton, Nigel Seaman Fundraiser & Combat2Coffee on 09:40 - Jun 7 by Uppa_Towen

This is getting boring now. You’ve shown your ignorance by not reading the original post properly or the subsequent clarification in the response to another poster who’d got it wrong too. If you’re going to bother criticising a charity related post, at least be accurate. 🙄 To be clear, 1) I referred to Nigel as a “top bloke”, not Ant, so please pay attention before commenting. 2) Your opinion on Ant Middleton isn’t relevant.

For the absolute clarity of it, the charity is obviously fantastic. Combat Stress is one of the most forward thinking charities out there. Their donation:targetted spend ratio is incredibly good, given the record of some medium to large charity orgs. I've done a number of events for CS, Scotties, WWTW and SSAFA. So absolutely not here to score points off any charity.

Anyone using their platform to support a charity of any type is obviously good to see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024