Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley in for Downes 15:45 - Jun 12 with 1598 viewsle2blue

Be a good signing for them and a good move for him. Their analytical approach to recruitment, identifying value to be developed and sold, will certainly have a high probability on paying off in this case if it goes through.
Barnsley in for Downes on 15:49 - Jun 12 with 1543 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure how the method of them identifying him makes any difference to whether it will prove a good move for him.

I do think he is ready for the Championship as long as he can keep his head and his fitness. One of the few I would be more than happy if he stays.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Barnsley in for Downes on 15:59 - Jun 12 with 1430 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Barnsley in for Downes on 15:49 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure how the method of them identifying him makes any difference to whether it will prove a good move for him.

I do think he is ready for the Championship as long as he can keep his head and his fitness. One of the few I would be more than happy if he stays.

Hot headed at times, but at least that shows passion. Don't think he'll be here at the start of the season

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Barnsley in for Downes on 22:11 - Jun 12 with 1009 viewsChocorange

Barnsley in for Downes on 15:59 - Jun 12 by BlueandTruesince82

Hot headed at times, but at least that shows passion. Don't think he'll be here at the start of the season

Downes will surely have a tough decision to make

To move to a smaller club like Barnsley but who ate in the championship for a few 1000 extra a week or sit tight and be part of the bright new future that we look to have .
Downes is one of the few players who is good enough to be part of it , he could rife the train to the Prem with us.

Cook has said he can go like all the others , but in Flynn’s case this could be cos of his transfer req and not wanting to be here ...
Understandable during the tenure of Marcus and Lambert .... but now , there has to be more for him to think about.

For Cook, Downes fits the type of player he wants in his 2 shielding the back 4 and he is the right age for his value to go up if he stays here and we and him are successful.

Time to think carefully Flynn, what is best for your future?
Barnsley in for Downes on 22:22 - Jun 12 with 969 viewsxrayspecs

Barnsley in for Downes on 22:11 - Jun 12 by Chocorange

Downes will surely have a tough decision to make

To move to a smaller club like Barnsley but who ate in the championship for a few 1000 extra a week or sit tight and be part of the bright new future that we look to have .
Downes is one of the few players who is good enough to be part of it , he could rife the train to the Prem with us.

Cook has said he can go like all the others , but in Flynn’s case this could be cos of his transfer req and not wanting to be here ...
Understandable during the tenure of Marcus and Lambert .... but now , there has to be more for him to think about.

For Cook, Downes fits the type of player he wants in his 2 shielding the back 4 and he is the right age for his value to go up if he stays here and we and him are successful.

Time to think carefully Flynn, what is best for your future?

Cook wants players who buy into being at the club for the long term and moving up the divisions. Downes publicly threw his toys out of the pram when CP showed interest last season so fails the Cook mentality test. Ditto Andre who was not prepared to commit to Town insisting on a low ball get out clause when signing his new contract. Dobra equally did not take the rejection of the BHA offer well by all accounts.

All three have the chance to get on board with the Town project but if they do not then they will not be here next season.

Downes is a decent holding midfielder but unexceptional in League 1, there are better players in his position in this league. While Covid has disrupted the last two seasons, he has not really progressed much over the last two seasons.
Barnsley in for Downes on 22:45 - Jun 12 with 897 viewsMelford

Barnsley in for Downes on 15:49 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Him and the Wolf are the ones I'd want to keep but Barnsley is a good move. Well run club who don't take punts on duds, I can see his style of play fitting in very well there.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024