Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hawkins 18:38 - Jun 21 with 3874 viewssaffers12

Surely no more than 25k
Hawkins on 18:42 - Jun 21 with 3853 viewsCheltenham_Blue

“Nominal” I’m sure. Bag of grass seed or something.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hawkins on 18:43 - Jun 21 with 3831 viewsMetal_Hacker

To take him ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Hawkins on 18:44 - Jun 21 with 3821 viewssaffers12

Hawkins on 18:43 - Jun 21 by Metal_Hacker

To take him ?

He had a fair few psotive comments at the start of the season
Hawkins on 18:50 - Jun 21 with 3738 viewsjas0999

A fee is a fee!
Hawkins on 18:52 - Jun 21 with 3721 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hawkins on 18:44 - Jun 21 by saffers12

He had a fair few psotive comments at the start of the season

So did a lot of others.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hawkins on 18:59 - Jun 21 with 3656 viewsbelgablue

The very embodiment of a banter era player. Good luck to him, he should do well in league 2.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Hawkins on 19:21 - Jun 21 with 3534 viewscressi

Hawkins on 18:59 - Jun 21 by belgablue

The very embodiment of a banter era player. Good luck to him, he should do well in league 2.

A free meal for staff in Trongs
Hawkins on 19:30 - Jun 21 with 3450 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s funny how a year ago a lot of fans (probably the majority) thought we had the best players in the league and should have got promoted fairly easily. How things change in 12 months. We looked pretty average last year individually and a lot of our players now seem to be heading to league 2. I’m not trying to score points or said I knew any better as I didn’t. We certainly had an overinflated opinion of our squad though - by quite a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Hawkins on 19:32 - Jun 21 with 3420 viewssaffers12

Hawkins on 19:30 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

It’s funny how a year ago a lot of fans (probably the majority) thought we had the best players in the league and should have got promoted fairly easily. How things change in 12 months. We looked pretty average last year individually and a lot of our players now seem to be heading to league 2. I’m not trying to score points or said I knew any better as I didn’t. We certainly had an overinflated opinion of our squad though - by quite a bit.

Think our season will be in reverse next season, gets better as we go along
[Redacted] on 19:38 - Jun 21 with 3356 viewsvictorywilhappen

Hawkins on 18:42 - Jun 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

[Redacted]
Hawkins on 19:45 - Jun 21 with 3297 viewsITFC_nostalgia

And we’ve probably given a decent chunk of that to him as a pay off to compensate for what I’m presuming are lower wages at Mansfield.
Hawkins on 20:05 - Jun 21 with 3188 viewstivo

55K & 15% of profit if moving before 22/23 season starts
Hawkins on 20:06 - Jun 21 with 3182 viewsTIB

Hawkins on 18:42 - Jun 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

Bag’a coal from’t pit.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Hawkins on 20:34 - Jun 21 with 3043 viewsIllinoisblue

Best squad in the league and the easiest run-in to a season ever. What, one wonders, could possibly go wrong?

Not like we would s5it the bed and not even score a goal in six consecutive games.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hawkins on 20:45 - Jun 21 with 2975 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hawkins on 19:32 - Jun 21 by saffers12

Think our season will be in reverse next season, gets better as we go along

I hope so. It'd be difficult to age worse than the last two seasons have wouldn't it. Take away the first month or two and we'd have been looking over our shoulders worrying about relegation.

Hawkins on 20:55 - Jun 21 with 2929 viewsRadlett_blue

I don't think most of us were too excited when we signed Hawkins, A journeyman, lower league big striker or defender, whom Portsmouth didn't want. A player who was only likely to prosper if we went long, which wasn't Town's supposed preferred way of playing. Getting any sort of fee & him off the wage bill has to be a positive, although to be fair, he always seemed to give 100%.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hawkins on 21:27 - Jun 21 with 2812 viewsjaykay

Hawkins on 20:55 - Jun 21 by Radlett_blue

I don't think most of us were too excited when we signed Hawkins, A journeyman, lower league big striker or defender, whom Portsmouth didn't want. A player who was only likely to prosper if we went long, which wasn't Town's supposed preferred way of playing. Getting any sort of fee & him off the wage bill has to be a positive, although to be fair, he always seemed to give 100%.

i think lambert was trying to emulate what had only worked for him once. wes hoolahan / grant holt so it was going to be judge / norwood or hawkins which never took off

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Hawkins on 22:03 - Jun 21 with 2704 viewsBlueBadger

Hawkins on 21:27 - Jun 21 by jaykay

i think lambert was trying to emulate what had only worked for him once. wes hoolahan / grant holt so it was going to be judge / norwood or hawkins which never took off

Pffft, like Lambert had a PLAN in mind.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hawkins on 22:09 - Jun 21 with 2667 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hawkins on 20:55 - Jun 21 by Radlett_blue

That’s a fair comment in Hawkins’ case specifically. I was thinking more about the general mood and view of the players. Several first teamers have already left for L2. I think it’s only Dozzell who has got himself a better deal. You’d think more would have done if we were really the best squad in the league.

Hawkins on 09:11 - Jun 22 with 2225 viewsRadlett_blue

Hawkins on 22:09 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

That’s a fair comment in Hawkins’ case specifically. I was thinking more about the general mood and view of the players. Several first teamers have already left for L2. I think it’s only Dozzell who has got himself a better deal. You’d think more would have done if we were really the best squad in the league.

Agree that most of us did over-rate the Town squad. It was dismembered under Hurst, with 4 good players leaving and 5 average league 1 players being brought in, while solid championship players like Chambers & Skuse were in decline. We also naturally over-rate our own younger players, most of which haven't actually done much yet.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024