Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham 14:25 - Jul 1 with 2017 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Don't know if many of you are following Wrexham since the takeover - as a big It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia fan, I am - they have just appointed Phil Parkinson as boss. A massive coup for National League, expect them to make waves in the next couple of years.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 14:50 - Jul 1 with 1872 viewsBiGDonnie

Saw they were sponsored by tiktok too.

Nearly as cool as having Sheeran as a sponsor.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 15:17 - Jul 1 with 1773 viewsvilanovablue

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 14:50 - Jul 1 by BiGDonnie

Saw they were sponsored by tiktok too.

Nearly as cool as having Sheeran as a sponsor.

Having Deadpool as your owner is possibly cooler than Sheeran as a sponsor!
Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 16:13 - Jul 1 with 1668 viewsmonty_radio

They'd rather sunk to "used to be a league club" before that takeover - not unlike several in the top half of the National, although Sutton made it through the pile. Hope it doesn't turn out to be the worst thing that ever happened to them though.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 16:34 - Jul 1 with 1620 viewsSharkey

Phil Parkinson against Phil Brown, - consecutive Hull managers 15 years or so ago. the National League should be quite something next season. I’m guessing that as league clubs have tended to trim their playing staffs, there are going to be a lot of pretty well-known players in that league once the game of musical chairs is over in August .
Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 22:56 - Jul 1 with 1452 viewsvilanovablue

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 16:34 - Jul 1 by Sharkey

Phil Parkinson against Phil Brown, - consecutive Hull managers 15 years or so ago. the National League should be quite something next season. I’m guessing that as league clubs have tended to trim their playing staffs, there are going to be a lot of pretty well-known players in that league once the game of musical chairs is over in August .

It is effectively division 3 and packed with some quite decent teams as well as classic non-league teams. Lewes are local to me and that’s a lovely place to watch football.
Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 10:02 - Jul 2 with 1238 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's a series coming out too, so they certainly know how to milk their fame to get the club attention. Much in the same way Sheeran is doing for us I suppose.

And they don't seem to be taking themselves too seriously in all of this too, obviously aware that we tend to mock the Mercans for their approach to 'soccer'. A nice bit of self-deprecation in this trailer for the series:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 11:07 - Jul 2 with 1181 viewsSharkey

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 22:56 - Jul 1 by vilanovablue

It is effectively division 3 and packed with some quite decent teams as well as classic non-league teams. Lewes are local to me and that’s a lovely place to watch football.

Is it Lewes who play at the Dripping Pan? A better name for a ground even than Lancaster’s ‘Giant Axe’.
Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 10:11 - Jul 3 with 1082 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not sure if this’ll work as I don’t do tictacs.

We need Ed to do a Towen-based video for one of his songs.

https://www.tiktok.com/@wrexham_afc/video/6979571842759576837?sender_device=mobi

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 11:06 - Jul 3 with 1045 viewsElephantintheRoom

Wrexham are a 'big' welsh club with some quite decent European history back in the day when winning the welsh cup gave you a chance of knocking Uwe Seeler and Hamburg out of the Cup Winners Cup.

Its not that different from what is going on at Town - except I dont think those two owe any money to property investor in Ohio. Be interesting to see who reaches the Premier Legue first.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 11:33 - Jul 3 with 1014 viewssolemio

I always try to catch a few minutes in Vilanova when I visit Lewes.
Phil Parkinson appointed at Wrexham on 15:46 - Jul 7 with 794 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Really good club as well, really well run.

Fixtures came out today, can't wait to go see Wrexham at Lynn, be interesting to follow the league for sure.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024