Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are companies slow to hire right now? 10:49 - Jul 10 with 883 viewswkj

Rather shamefully, Covid wrecked my business. Thankfully I was fairly new to it before Covid hit and I was able to recuperate a substantial percentage of my assets - whew

However, I am now at a point where I have to cross my fingers as well as aggressively pursue openings in the Cambridgeshire and London area.

I did find a couple of roles for companies I know and trust - but the openings all seem around the 30+ day listing mark.

I know service retail is suffering, but my ideal role is more geared toward digital community management - so I am a bit clueless on the usual turnaround of listing to response in this field.

Any advice or info on similar situations would be well appreciated.

[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 10:50]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 10:53 - Jul 10 with 841 viewsXYZ

Why "shamefully" - I'm not sure a pandemic was in any business disaster recovery plans. If you did OK before you can again.
Are companies slow to hire right now? on 10:57 - Jul 10 with 820 viewsfooters

Mother footers put an application in for a new job about a month ago and has heard nothing. Just anecdotal but does seem a long time in the hiring process.

Sorry about your venture, saladers. Think we've got some open roles in dev that could be remote - want me to have an ask around the tech boffs and four-eyed eggheads for ya?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 10:58 - Jul 10 with 812 viewsPendejo

Surely vacancies being open 30+ days indicates no applicants?

I am struggling to fill 4 jobs, 2 of which are zero hours but likely to be more than 36pw right now, 2 are salaried BUT we've found our rate @ £3k below market rate!! Big meeting on salaries next week.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 10:59 - Jul 10 with 807 viewswkj

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 10:57 - Jul 10 by footers

Mother footers put an application in for a new job about a month ago and has heard nothing. Just anecdotal but does seem a long time in the hiring process.

Sorry about your venture, saladers. Think we've got some open roles in dev that could be remote - want me to have an ask around the tech boffs and four-eyed eggheads for ya?

I'm probably not best suited for a full-on dev role until I finish my current degree. Not to say I can't do it, but I generally stay away from SysOps and DevOps roles... for now.

Crybaby

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:00 - Jul 10 with 795 viewswkj

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 10:58 - Jul 10 by Pendejo

Surely vacancies being open 30+ days indicates no applicants?

I am struggling to fill 4 jobs, 2 of which are zero hours but likely to be more than 36pw right now, 2 are salaried BUT we've found our rate @ £3k below market rate!! Big meeting on salaries next week.

Either no applicants or a poor communications chain during Work From Home. I know the role I really want with Frontier is 30+, but they have been cycling through holidays in the hiring team.

Crybaby

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:02 - Jul 10 with 790 viewsfooters

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 10:59 - Jul 10 by wkj

I'm probably not best suited for a full-on dev role until I finish my current degree. Not to say I can't do it, but I generally stay away from SysOps and DevOps roles... for now.

Well, if you ever want a part exchange on your soul for the almighty yanqui dollar, the offer's always open.

Good luck, buh!

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:05 - Jul 10 with 770 viewsPendejo

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:00 - Jul 10 by wkj

Either no applicants or a poor communications chain during Work From Home. I know the role I really want with Frontier is 30+, but they have been cycling through holidays in the hiring team.

WFH not affecting us as my company very into MS teams and our HR Partner very keen to please.

uberima fides

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:07 - Jul 10 with 753 viewswkj

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:05 - Jul 10 by Pendejo

WFH not affecting us as my company very into MS teams and our HR Partner very keen to please.

Feel free to give us a squiz on PM if you're comfortable. I am definitely not ignoring much right now in terms of listings.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:36 - Jul 10 with 659 viewsWD19

It’s a real mixed bag.

In several sectors the hiring market is super hot right now and hiring needs to happen quicker than I have ever known. In the past month I have hired several people within 48 hours of the initial interview. Second interviews next day have been quite common.

I guess it also depends on the role. If it is a tactically crucial delivery role things will happen quicker. If the role is a bit more strategic people may be more considered.
Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:58 - Jul 10 with 615 viewsPendejo

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:07 - Jul 10 by wkj

Feel free to give us a squiz on PM if you're comfortable. I am definitely not ignoring much right now in terms of listings.

My jobs are based West Drayton and are at the lowest end of the scale.

The zero hours would suit active but near retired types - car collections / deliveries, no hitch hiking necessary travel expenses covered. Our patch pretty much Swansea to Kings Lynn.

The 2 salaried jobs are for valeters. Salary is rubbish and is being reviewed.
If this is the sort of thing you'd do and live W, NE it N London there's a company in NW10 paying a £27k basic for a car detailler.

uberima fides

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:59 - Jul 10 with 614 viewsJ2BLUE

It took about six weeks from first application to me being offered my job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 12:20 - Jul 10 with 574 viewsfooters

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 11:59 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

It took about six weeks from first application to me being offered my job.

Well, McDonalds are very selective.

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 12:22 - Jul 10 with 564 viewsJ2BLUE

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 12:20 - Jul 10 by footers

I knew someone would tap that one in.

I'm glad it as you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 12:22 - Jul 10 with 568 viewswkj

Are companies slow to hire right now? on 12:20 - Jul 10 by footers

The joke is on you as I have it on good authority that J2 is actually about to be named as Jeff Bezos' replacement. He has a J in his name, there Is a J in Jeff.

The evidence is overwhelming.

In all seriousness though J2, good job - glad to hear you managed a bit of progress in a time where many of us probably stalled or went backward.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024